Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

RDreamer posted:

Bands have never done double disc albums before. Never. No choice at all here. Oh well.

Hey, in the 1980s, there were plenty of double LPs that had tracks shaved off just so they could fit on one CD!

It's a few possibilities. Perhaps making it a double CD wasn't what they wanted. Maybe they know most people aren't going to use the CD so they don't want to make it a double for the small number of people who will experience the album that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Maybe they're going for what they feel is the best option for the CD version. For example, some vinyl albums have different track orders to better suit the fact that you'll have to switch sides and to make the record sound better.

They might have felt that having the album cleaved in two, with the necessary silence that would bring, didn't suit it.

Honestly, worrying about the limitations of a CD these days is pointless since that's not how 95% of your audience will hear it. And the CD comes with a download code so you can get the full experience. And they've been upfront about the situation.

It's not stupid. It's the way things are.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm a concert newbie. I've only been to a handful of shows and never Tool or an arena show - will Tool hurt my ears and make them ring?

I saw Tame Impala this summer at the Mann Center amphitheatre in Philly and despite it being super loud I was never uncomfortable and my ears didn't ring at all after the show. Contrasting that, I see shows at smaller venues in my area and those shows always hurt my ears and leave them ringing.

With all that out of the way, I'm seeing Tool in Philly next month at the Wells Fargo arena. I've been meaning to invest in good ear plugs for awhile now, should I bring them to Tool?

Honestly, the best purchase I've made for concerts have been concert ear plugs. It's basically like someone took the concert and turned it down to a reasonable level. You hear everything correctly, and you don't walk out your ears hurting from sound.

My one ear is a little sore from the plug being in it.