Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its better than 10,000 days but its not as good as a whole as Lateralus was.

individually the tracks are all pretty solid tool tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Didn't Metallica do this x100 on Death Magnetic? That poo poo sounded awful and I don't normally have an ear for this kind of stuff.

They did. It was an interesting one because they had to ship off the tracks to Activision for Guitar Hero Metallica to make its launch date, and the files they got where before the Audio Engineer cranked every slider to 11. So while it is a lot quieter than a normal recording, it can actually be enjoyed without making your ears bleed after a single song.

Doesnt change the fact that it was a pretty lovely album, however.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I have the same kind of ambivalent feeling towards this as I do Eat The Elephant. It's very jarring to jump forward 15 years with a band.

Eat the Elephant was a trainwreck of utterly forgettable music that only proved that Howerdel is out of good ideas and the previous albums were obviously a collaborative effort with musicians far more qualified than he.

They should just do a studio version of their Diary of a Lovesong Mashup and call it a day.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Origami Dali posted:

It seems that GA for a lot of shows is being continually abandoned for seated ticketing. That way, the venue can jack up the price of tickets per floor section, or in some cases, per row. :capitalism:

its also a safety thing I would guess. less likely to have mosh injuries or crowd surfers with seats everywhere.

although when marilyn manson played the Enmore theatre in Sydney in like 1997 the crowd ripped up all the seating in front of the stage.

I last saw tool over 10 years ago, never really planned on going, but did anticipate one of my child-having friends would have a last minute family emergency and need to offload his ticket. sure enough he just called me 3hrs before doors open and said 'i cant go, you can take my ticket for free if you want?'

i like my friends having kids.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Adam Jones made several really obvious and bad mistakes that the other more talented members of the band managed to save.

The sound sucked total rear end, and was way too loud even with earplugs.

If I paid money for that show I'd be pissed but free it wasn't too bad.

Light show was decent.