Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004
Clearly the "water feature" needs some bubble bath beads tossed into the gravel area sometime. Would make it look better covered in a giant mass of foam. or something. (Don't do this)..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Last year My neighbors planted trees that are going to obscure my view as soon as they grow more than 3” in violation of HOA bylaws, despite supposedly having an approved landscaping plan from the HOA. I’m assuming there will probably be a lawyer involved at some point as this will likely reduce the value of my lot significantly but I was waiting until they actually started obscuring to really start bitching which tbh is probably right now.

Burt I saw a home improvement show where they put in a three basalt column fountain exactly like that. It looked okay in the setting they did it which was not in the middle of their driveway with a cord running under the garage door.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I would box my yard in with 20 ft Cypress trees if I didn't have to wait 20 years

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I live in an apartment and haven't really met any neighbors. But I'm the weird foreigner in this scenario plus I almost never see anyone else who lives here. Maybe I should install a water feature so I can meet people?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

my neighbours killed my rabbits, and then the lady had the gall to be mad that i was upset about this

haha, neighbours! so wacky

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Admitting you have an hoa is the dreaded self own

My neighbor came over and moved some brush for me with his tractor after he got off work, a+ neighbor would say howdy to again

The previous neighbor that lived there before accused me of running over her dog because i walked to her door and said that her dead dog was in the road. She also accused my wife of stealing her mail, not like a fedex package but the junk mail and phone bill.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

maybe you should stop stealing her junk mail

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

In Reno you either have a house on the edge of town with arsenic laden well water, a house built in the 70s that’s constructed entirely of lead and asbestos, or an HOA.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Update on the pissing logs water feature. He has team of 4 right now ripping it out. Lol I can wait to see what’s next. Dude is like ocd maxed out so I’m sure the wire he was pissed at and told them to do it all over. They have a bobcat too lmao.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Update on the pissing logs water feature. He has team of 4 right now ripping it out. Lol I can wait to see what’s next. Dude is like ocd maxed out so I’m sure the wire he was pissed at and told them to do it all over. They have a bobcat too lmao.

LMAO awesome.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
maybe you can suggest he go with this fine installation instead this time?

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Mozi posted:

maybe you can suggest he go with this fine installation instead this time?

that's got some girth.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Burt Sexual posted:

:f5:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Osha.jpg

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
have anything parabolic like an old satellite tv antenna? with a little DIY you could shoot sound 24/7 at that creepy rear end camera

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Have you considered talking to your neighbour about your feelings OP?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
And I thought that the couple of damp spots in my living room and the outdated boiler were a big deal. I feel much better now!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

marijuanamancer posted:

have anything parabolic like an old satellite tv antenna? with a little DIY you could shoot sound 24/7 at that creepy rear end camera

I can only edge so long in the driveway.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imagine if you played something he hates thru one of these. has the benefit no one else can really hear unless directly in the path so its pretty stealth. until he looks over and is like why is that dish pointed at my camera, probably

it would friggin own burt

https://www.proacousticsusa.com/soundtube-ss30-secret-sound-sound-focusing-parabolic-speaker.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabolic_loudspeaker

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

is that your yard or his? those are nice trees.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

I can only edge so long in the driveway.

Here you're complaining about a bad neighbor with a fountain while you jerk off on your driveway

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
It's me, I'm the bad neighbor. I let the gardens go wild and it looks like crap, but the city won't let me just pave it over. My mother came to visit recently, and after seeing the yard, she told me that I was clearly the white trash of the neighborhood. Thanks mom.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Tristesse posted:

My neighbor a few doors down dropped dog poop on my doorstep the other day because his kid stole a package from me and I dared ask for it back.

https://ring.com/share/6719860918874686872

Jesus that dude looks really lovely

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I emailed my HOA this morning about the trees I’m taking bets on how long they take to respond and whether or not their response is more helpful than “lol go gently caress yourself.”

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Burt Sexual posted:

My dude across the street cut down a tree in between his driveways and put in a 3 foot water fountain that runs 24x7. Its fugly. It’s loud enough I hear it inside. It doesn’t produce oxygen and consumes electricity continually. He’s been ruled an idiot. “Water features” should be illegal. I’m calling the HOA.

Don’t be a snitch, Burt. Use your fists.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

is that your yard or his? those are nice trees.

Mine? I don’t cut down trees for pissing tree stumps. Ty though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
buy him an account OP!!!!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bird with big dick posted:

Last year My neighbors planted trees that are going to obscure my view as soon as they grow more than 3” in violation of HOA bylaws, despite supposedly having an approved landscaping plan from the HOA. I’m assuming there will probably be a lawyer involved at some point as this will likely reduce the value of my lot significantly but I was waiting until they actually started obscuring to really start bitching which tbh is probably right now.

Burt I saw a home improvement show where they put in a three basalt column fountain exactly like that. It looked okay in the setting they did it which was not in the middle of their driveway with a cord running under the garage door.

I live on a hill and the back looks over a lake (yeah yeah poor Burt) anyways a dude below planted trees on far corner from his house, he couldn’t even see it from his house. It would block our (partial) view that we had left in a year. I went down and asked if I could pay to have it professionally moved 20’ to the left. He said no. I’m like wtf dude, what’s it matter. He said he wanted to mark his property line/corner. He sold the house two years later. Infuriating. My hoa isn’t a traditional one with ten thousand rules, we just joined together to pay for community septic, water, roads,etc.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chinatown posted:

buy him an account OP!!!!

He’d be banned in a week.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
not infuriating by any means, but just after we moved in we met our neighbours who were planning a round the country trip in this big old 4WD truck thing, that looked like a military vehicle setup for camping

we noticed they were driving it around it a lot, and it was noticeable because it was loud as hell and belched about a million litres of diesel fumes into the air at all times, but they were nice and tbh it was a pretty rad truck so it didn't bother us.

Anyway the truck and them disappear one day so we assume they've headed out on their trip. About a week later we come home and lo and behold the truck is back out the front.

Turns out the thing dropped the transmission two days into their multiple-months-long journey, so the entire trip was off, and they had to pay to get it shipped several hundred kilometres back home.

yada yada yada they got divorced and the truck is still in the exact same spot the tow-truck dropped it off :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

He’d be banned in a week.

i figure you would buy him one and just probe him immediately for that terrible fountain

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'm glad I don't know any of my neighbors

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Domus posted:

It's me, I'm the bad neighbor. I let the gardens go wild and it looks like crap, but the city won't let me just pave it over. My mother came to visit recently, and after seeing the yard, she told me that I was clearly the white trash of the neighborhood. Thanks mom.

Mow your lawn??

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Not quite a neighbor, but we’re pretty sure someone close by in our neighborhood is trapping and/or murdering cats.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

I. M. Gei posted:

Not quite a neighbor, but we’re pretty sure someone close by in our neighborhood is trapping and/or murdering cats.

For reals, you might have a serial killer or other assorted murderer living near you.

Also, I think the FBI investigates animal cruelty at certain thresholds due to that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol went over and chatted up banker man. Picture coming of fountain 2.0. It was $4200 btw installed.

Better? But still lol prob five grand all said and done. It’s “Mongolian stone” or some bullshit he said. It was too low below grade so they dug it all out and raised it. An entire day of four crew.

It looks like a cum machine now. Which is p good considering

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 9, 2019

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Is it still loud as hell? Looks like they at least buried the wiring.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sapper posted:

Is it still loud as hell? Looks like they at least buried the wiring.

Yep, nope.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Burt have you considered simply acquiring like 600 head of goats and just graze? Goat herding is a very precise science and you could win this mans respect with this knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I feel like that fountain might work in a garden with a lot of ferns and moss or something. It looks so loving stupid just out in the open like that. Like a boomer fell into a bunch of brutalist sculptures.