Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

site posted:

Decided to pick a fight on twitter and now the transphobes are out in force. Enjoying my friday night

Do you use BlockTogether or one of the other blocklists on Twitter because I find it a waaaay more enjoyable site/app to use with that in effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

site posted:

Thanks for outing yourself as transphobe. Good to know i should avoid you

Hey now, they're not (necessarily) a transphobe, they're just someone who is willing to give transphobia a pass as long as they get a fun vidyagame to play. :shepface:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

wafflemoose posted:

Huh, the Ion Fury thread has quite a few new posts, let's see what they're about.......uh...ok then... :yikes:

This is why I don't give a poo poo about videogame politics/drama. Who cares if gamemakers are SJW hating nazis or whatever, I'll be over here chucking bowling bombs at cyborg cultists and having a good time in this finely crafted retro 90s throwback FPS.

Liking the game does not make you an rear end in a top hat. But this attitude does.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Neo Rasa posted:

Do you use BlockTogether or one of the other blocklists on Twitter because I find it a waaaay more enjoyable site/app to use with that in effect.

I use block chain and have a block list drat near 500k accounts large but i guess theres just no end to the amount of bigots on twitter

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I just think the politics and drama behind videogames are dumb, or maybe I'm just numb to it from all the negative press games tend to get, like how the AAA game industry keeps screwing up or some indie developers turn out to be really racist. It's getting old and I just want to play some videogames without somebody getting upset or butthurt because a game has microtransactions or a developer said something transphobic.

site posted:

Thanks for outing yourself as transphobe. Good to know i should avoid you

I have nothing against trans people, I just get sick and tired of all the politics.

Unlucky7 posted:

Liking the game does not make you an rear end in a top hat. But this attitude does.

Yeah I worded that post wrong. I don't care about the politics and drama, it's tiresome.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

wafflemoose posted:

I have nothing against trans people, I just get sick and tired of all the politics.

As the saying goes, if you think you're sick and tired of hearing about it, imagine how sick and tired they are of living with it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

wafflemoose posted:

Huh, the Ion Fury thread has quite a few new posts, let's see what they're about.......uh...ok then... :yikes:

This is why I don't give a poo poo about videogame politics/drama. Who cares if gamemakers are SJW hating nazis or whatever, I'll be over here chucking bowling bombs at cyborg cultists and having a good time in this finely crafted retro 90s throwback FPS.

I don't hate trans people :shrug:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, using the term 'butthurt' automatically makes your posting sound worse and when it comes down to it you could just not look at the thread if it chafes you that badly. it's a genuine topic that people kind of have a right to talk about and i doubt there's any real Hot Tips to be learned from a forum thread anyways for a game about shooting things.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wafflemoose posted:

I just think the politics and drama behind videogames are dumb, or maybe I'm just numb to it from all the negative press games tend to get, like how the AAA game industry keeps screwing up or some indie developers turn out to be really racist. It's getting old and I just want to play some videogames without somebody getting upset or butthurt because a game has microtransactions or a developer said something transphobic.

Yeah I worded that post wrong. I don't care about the politics and drama, it's tiresome.
You don't have to care, but other people are allowed to care.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

site posted:

I use block chain and have a block list drat near 500k accounts large but i guess theres just no end to the amount of bigots on twitter

That sucks sorry. :/

wafflemoose posted:

And yet, here we are.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

You don't have to care, but other people are allowed to care.

This. loving, this, for everything.

Why do so many people have trouble comprehending this?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Well they refused my refund request unfortunately. I hope Voidpoint owns up to this poo poo but it seems unlikely given its official answers. Thanks for making me go back to downloading pirated games, bigoted assholes.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

wafflemoose posted:

Yeah well I'm sick and tired of people saying I'm mentally ill, a disease on society, or whatever other lovely combination of slurs you can come up with. And it might be "politics" to you but its personal for people that are targeted by this.

Like this isn't the developers telling a few questionable jokes, what they've said is pretty loving gross.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Whichever dev is manning the twitter account is having an Extremely Normal One right now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I was looking forward to playing this but now, welp

What is it about Build that melts brains like this?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Whichever dev is manning the twitter account is having an Extremely Normal One right now

https://twitter.com/voidpnt/status/1162565077205053440

now that he's angrily declaring he's not transphobic while refusing to apologize for anything, he's really convinced me

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

kirbysuperstar posted:

I was looking forward to playing this but now, welp

What is it about Build that melts brains like this?

they got brain leakage from their head getting caught in a door in duke3d

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
at the rate they're digging they might just hit the corpse of Duke Nukem

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

somewhere, a PR person at the publisher is having their friday night ruined as they learn that the dev is digging this hole deeper at a rate of one tweet every two minutes

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Johnny Joestar posted:

i mean, using the term 'butthurt' automatically makes your posting sound worse and when it comes down to it you could just not look at the thread if it chafes you that badly. it's a genuine topic that people kind of have a right to talk about and i doubt there's any real Hot Tips to be learned from a forum thread anyways for a game about shooting things.
No but you see other people are posting on the internet about a thing I don't care about and this infuriates me!

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/voidpnt/status/1162565077205053440

now that he's angrily declaring he's not transphobic while refusing to apologize for anything, he's really convinced me
I love how the original tweet was all like "it was taken out of context!" and then someone posted the rest of it and it was even worse than the first bit

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

They, uh, they posted what they say is the "complete" picture of that conversation and it's the same image but with more cut out from it.

Like brain leakage isn't even inaccurate at this point it's going into weird performance art territory.

Also if you look at the uh, their official Discord account follows like all the gater channels and Sarkeesian Effect and stuff. I'm glad I found this out before I gave them money because drat, what a bunch of assholes.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bleh, my refund request did not go through. Kinda expected it, really; I got it on early access way back when, so I didn’t think they would go through, but I was hoping.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Also if you look at the uh, their official Discord account follows like all the gater channels and Sarkeesian Effect and stuff. I'm glad I found this out before I gave them money because drat, what a bunch of assholes.
it follows freaking lauren southern lol

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I preordered this ages ago so I didn't really think about who exactly was on team but man finding out Oasiz was one of the key devs near release did NOT make me terribly happy. some of the poo poo that goes on Duke4.net and the discord made me really frustrated at that community, and it's no suprise some of those horrible idiots ended up working on the game.

It's not gonna stop me from enjoying it honestly but I definitely would not recommend anyone pay for it. maybe wait for a humble bundle and then remove all money that goes to the devs like people did with Fez or something idk.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

whenever chuds say they're being taken out of context they most likely think what they're saying is totally reasonable and fine and, unsurprisingly, it turns out that in-context, assuming some magical dimension where just being outright hateful can somehow be hand-waved away as being just one part of a picture that's perfectly fine, it tends to just be outright worse when normal people learn more about it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I can't even try to refund this, I hit the 24 hour mark during the afternoon :sweatdrop:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

it follows freaking lauren southern lol

i hate it when im on my game company's official twitter and I slip on a banana peel and hit my mouse in the process and accidentally follow Christina Hoff Sommers on twitter dot com without realizing it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

eke out posted:

i hate it when im on my game company's official twitter and I slip on a banana peel and hit my mouse in the process and accidentally follow Christina Hoff Summers on twitter dot com without realizing it

Actually, These SJW's Don't Get That The Message Of Muslims Being Subhuman Is A Core And Essential Component Of Our Videogame *digs into core of the earth*

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

eke out posted:

somewhere, a PR person at the publisher is having their friday night ruined as they learn that the dev is digging this hole deeper at a rate of one tweet every two minutes
You know for a bunch of nerds I'm always rather impressed at how fast and hard video games devs are capable of digging are

Johnny Joestar posted:

whenever chuds say they're being taken out of context they most likely think what they're saying is totally reasonable and fine and, unsurprisingly, it turns out that in-context, assuming some magical dimension where just being outright hateful can somehow be hand-waved away as being just one part of a picture that's perfectly fine, it tends to just be outright worse when normal people learn more about it
Yeah I know, it's just funny every time

Funny in how infuriating it is that is

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
It's honestly worth noting that the communities for Build Engine games are extremely secularized, and all of the mostly normal people left ages ago. What you're left with are a bunch of weirdos who can't seem to see that they're NOT ONLY gatekeeping weirdos that can't stand anyone speaking ill of it, but they've also become really specifically interested in taking the poo poo in the games far too literally. You end up with a bunch of fairly low bar people who can't grasp the concept of the world being bigger than them.

E: I actually left the Duke4 forums years ago because of commentary from some idiot whose username is "Person of Color". Let that sink in.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 17, 2019

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Why is everything about 3D Realms cursed?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Oh god dammit god dammit it all I spent forever getting hyped about this game and they couldn’t even wait a weekend for me to finish playing it before they pull this poo poo

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

xarph posted:

Why is everything about 3D Realms cursed?

Like Duke Nukem Forever Ion Fury was also a new game technically born out of the old Duke Nukem Forever since Bombshell first popped up in the Quake II version so I guess it really was destiny that something about it had to be awful.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Oh god dammit god dammit it all I spent forever getting hyped about this game and they couldn’t even wait a weekend for me to finish playing it before they pull this poo poo

Same. Its really good too

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
well, at least i feel less bad about pirating the game before i had the extra cash to buy it.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Neo Rasa posted:

Someone's collecting screenshots of the yikes in this thread because they're unfollowing some especially problematic accounts.
https://twitter.com/caravanmalice/status/1162547783678566400

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
wish there was a way to browse someones discord anonymously cuz i wanna see if theyre throwing a shitfit right now

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
from what I see there's a moratorium on mentioning it, except new users joining the channel to voice support in the face of sjws :rolleye:

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
the Duke4 discord is deathly silent about it. I'm gonna keep low in there lest they start banning people that mention it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

*frantically hiding every connection that the egregious shitstain i call my brain made on this public company account*

the sjws are taking me out of context