Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Questing is always relatively slow unless you manual quest every day.

There was a post several pages back describing a good questing strategy. If you get the upgrades from various sources that make a stack of 100 quest items count as 50, and make every quest take exactly 50 items, then you can use auto-merge slots to accumulate instant-hand-in stacks for major quests. It's half the speed compared to doing major quests manually, but it takes no attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Fellis posted:

I think you want to raise all the resources equally (amount of xp invested) at that point because the biggest factor is wishes, which every resource contributes equally

Although towards the end of evil when im BB all the ngus, ive found that i have plenty of excess EM so i probably should do more R3

So, like of my ~90 million daily exp, 30 million into each of the three?

I'm sure i read that there's a ratio to keep for resource 3 as well, like 4/130,000/1 or something like that. Although that comes out to a 120M exp total custom purchase.

If it contributes equally, I suppose more resource 3 at this point will help the wishes though seeing as i've only got 70k applied to it vs 27 trillion magic and 72 trillion energy.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Is there a separate goon NGU discord besides the official one?

I'm on 1hr rebirths manualling t1 and trying to snipe some clock gear. The game is good though progression does very slow

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Is there a separate goon NGU discord besides the official one?

I'm on 1hr rebirths manualling t1 and trying to snipe some clock gear. The game is good though progression does very slow

there's a secret goon channel on the main ngu discord, state your discord name here or in a PM to 4g and you'll get the hook up

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Stuck on Distance Incremental. I've gotten Elementary reset unlocked and a lot of things to fiddle with. What's the best combo to push forward?

Also, on Return of Hero, I've gotten factions unlocked, but doing missions fails to give them experience. How do I level them up?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

somekindofguy posted:

Stuck on Distance Incremental. I've gotten Elementary reset unlocked and a lot of things to fiddle with. What's the best combo to push forward?

Also, on Return of Hero, I've gotten factions unlocked, but doing missions fails to give them experience. How do I level them up?

The recruitment office on the city level makes faction XP medals as one of its products.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I wish Synergism would update already, it won't be very long before I'm out of shop upgrades and I'm bored of the anthill grind.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Kin posted:

I'm sure i read that there's a ratio to keep for resource 3 as well, like 4/130,000/1 or something like that. Although that comes out to a 120M exp total custom purchase.

If it contributes equally, I suppose more resource 3 at this point will help the wishes though seeing as i've only got 70k applied to it vs 27 trillion magic and 72 trillion energy.

The ratio between power and cap for R3 is the same as for Energy and Magic - 1 power to 37500 cap. It's most efficient to keep that ratio for total power. Bars are basically up to you in terms of how long you want to wait for R3 to reach maximum, as I don't think there's any other effect R3 bars will have (no beards to care about there, and R3 doesn't contribute to getting challenges done either).

I use the fact that R3 also costs exactly 100 000x as much as Energy as the guideline to keep them even-ish in terms of investment. Maybe there's more efficient ways to do it, but it satisfies some kind of OCD for me to keep the investments in each balanced.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

there's a secret goon channel on the main ngu discord, state your discord name here or in a PM to 4g and you'll get the hook up

I'm Tullidil#0791 in Discord.

So close to all 1's in basic training so I can just buy the instaclick, which is the thing I routinely forget to do each rebirth

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Kin posted:

You definitely want to equalize your XP investments in all three first, then you can set the custom amounts to be roughly equal

My custom amounts are:
30M XP Energy: 100000 power, 3250000000 cap, 25000 bars
30M XP Magic: 33333 power, 1083333250 cap, 8333 bars
28M XP R3: 1 Power, 32500 cap, 0 bars

I just buy extra R3 bars and magic resources manually to make things even out then. Unless you are fully black barred on beards for most of the rebirth, you don't want to go to these ratios yet. I'm not sure when that is (my beards were not BB for awhile because i skipped some of the bars quirks and perks), but eventually bars become way less important except for making sure you don't have to wait too long to get everything set after a rebirth.

I make like 300-400 million XP a day and I still use these cause it was easier to turn of XP confirmation and click em a bunch

Fellis fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 7, 2020

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm breaking into Sadistic's first adventure zone and one thing I'm wary about: is any equipment from here on out going to introduce anything new to the table? Since cards don't have any equipment stats Wish Speed is still the last one introduced. And the last non-accessory equipment with an unusual stat was the hat of greed giving gold drops, everything else just provides some combo of E/M/3 P/C/B. It's possible there could be new features introduced later that add new stats but since so many zones/equip sets are in the game now that all might be set in stone already?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You won't get anything new, no, but you'll start seeing C and B replaced with hack/wish/ngu speeds on non-accessory equipment.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
What on Earth is the Cooking stat in NGU? Just garbage to eat item budget?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Pope Guilty posted:

What on Earth is the Cooking stat in NGU? Just garbage to eat item budget?

Correct.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Fellis posted:

You definitely want to equalize your XP investments in all three first, then you can set the custom amounts to be roughly equal

My custom amounts are:
30M XP Energy: 100000 power, 3250000000 cap, 25000 bars
30M XP Magic: 33333 power, 1083333250 cap, 8333 bars
28M XP R3: 1 Power, 32500 cap, 0 bars

I just buy extra R3 bars and magic resources manually to make things even out then. Unless you are fully black barred on beards for most of the rebirth, you don't want to go to these ratios yet. I'm not sure when that is (my beards were not BB for awhile because i skipped some of the bars quirks and perks), but eventually bars become way less important except for making sure you don't have to wait too long to get everything set after a rebirth.

I make like 300-400 million XP a day and I still use these cause it was easier to turn of XP confirmation and click em a bunch

Cool, cheers for that. Working out the balance of exp investments for optimum gain is beyond me. Kinda wish there was a perk or something that just auto distributed exp.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

somekindofguy posted:

For the Fermions, apparently knowledge on the left and cadaver effect on the right is best.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
My Endless Battle at 207 hours is over. At least the main game. Only things left are: grinding achievements and cards.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Posting so 4G can add me to secret goonchat on discord

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Kin posted:

Cool, cheers for that. Working out the balance of exp investments for optimum gain is beyond me. Kinda wish there was a perk or something that just auto distributed exp.

Yeah i kinda bumbled around with my ratios and definitely didn't do it anywhere close to optimal. Once you hit wishes it's just "raise everything equally" which is pretty easy. I mean I might put my thumb on the scale for R3 because hacks are good, but once I hit sadistic I'll need the extra EM.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I decided to check out Wiz Khalifa's Weed Farm and I'm sad to say it appears to be a pretty bad game.

That said numbers go up so gently caress it let's grow some weed :f5:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Speaking of Android idle games, Home Quest recently popped up and I'm having fun with it. Sort of a remixed take on A Dark Room.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Home Quest is great so far, thanks for the recommendation!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

MikusR posted:

My Endless Battle at 207 hours is over. At least the main game. Only things left are: grinding achievements and cards.

Speaking of Endless battle, are there new mechanics unlocked in layers 6-9? I just got layer 5 unlocked and I was... dissapointed that nothing new showed up.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Dragongem posted:

Speaking of Endless battle, are there new mechanics unlocked in layers 6-9? I just got layer 5 unlocked and I was... dissapointed that nothing new showed up.

No. It's just more cards, quests, upgrades and boosts (the last layer boost makes any prestige increase all prestige currency by 5,10,15%).

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

MikusR posted:

No. It's just more cards, quests, upgrades and boosts (the last layer boost makes any prestige increase all prestige currency by 5,10,15%).

Oh...

:smith:

Well I guess I'm done with that one then. Glad you told me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Speaking of Android idle games, Home Quest recently popped up and I'm having fun with it. Sort of a remixed take on A Dark Room.

Been working through this myself, I just got to where I need to fight trolls and for some reason every time I hit fight my troops immediately retreat. Am I missing a mechanic?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Len posted:

Been working through this myself, I just got to where I need to fight trolls and for some reason every time I hit fight my troops immediately retreat. Am I missing a mechanic?

It's not stated anywhere but yes, if your health/attack drop or start below a certain % of the enemy group's, your army automatically retreats. Basically a TPK prevention measure.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It's not stated anywhere but yes, if your health/attack drop or start below a certain % of the enemy group's, your army automatically retreats. Basically a TPK prevention measure.

Weird, it still does damage to the trolls too

So you can slowly murder them and take no damage back

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Len posted:

Weird, it still does damage to the trolls too

So you can slowly murder them and take no damage back

Amusing, but sounds like a pain in the rear end compared to just making your army bigger and retreating when it looks like somebody could die unless you're abusing a macro. Also might not work so good if the enemy has sufficient healers/heroes to outpace/limit your damage.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a penalty to withdrawing troops to heal then going back in so I've been managing pretty well with that so far. I just unlocked healers though and need more barracks to make a bigger army now.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Somewhere around there is a group that unlocks a new settlement target when you kill them. It's a bit expensive but completely worth your while to snatch that up; all the structure costs start from base value in the new settlement and I do mean all of them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Somewhere around there is a group that unlocks a new settlement target when you kill them. It's a bit expensive but completely worth your while to snatch that up; all the structure costs start from base value in the new settlement and I do mean all of them.

Neat, I've got two and a half hours left on that process

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The one thing I really wish I could do in the game is fire troops. Being able to replace those stupid tanks with healers would be great, but instead they just sit there, taunting me with what I could be doing with the space they're taking up instead.

e: There's some kind of weird rounding error with troops. I have 100 slots, 50 of which should be occupied by 25 healers, 40 of which are occupied by archers, 10 of which are taken up by tanks... and I only have 99 slots used. Kind of makes my eye twitch even more than not being able to get rid of the tanks.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 9, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
NGU question: Does move cooldown reducing equipment affect idle attacks at all? I'm guessing no?

Also, will the later bestiary entries ever be added in a future patch?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Broken Cog posted:

NGU question: Does move cooldown reducing equipment affect idle attacks at all? I'm guessing no?

Also, will the later bestiary entries ever be added in a future patch?

I believe it does. Past a certain point, it's better than respawn reduction gear because the delay between respawns is less than/similar to the delay between auto-attacks.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The one thing I really wish I could do in the game is fire troops. Being able to replace those stupid tanks with healers would be great, but instead they just sit there, taunting me with what I could be doing with the space they're taking up instead.

e: There's some kind of weird rounding error with troops. I have 100 slots, 50 of which should be occupied by 25 healers, 40 of which are occupied by archers, 10 of which are taken up by tanks... and I only have 99 slots used. Kind of makes my eye twitch even more than not being able to get rid of the tanks.

I wish I'd decided to ditch wolves earlier. I waited until I had a decent number of healers and now I'll occasionally be able to let one get killed but usually I have to retreat because I'm the healers keep the damage spread out enough that something else more critical (like a healer) is at risk in addition to a wolf. That and now that I've got Marauders I wish I could get rid of the Warriors.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Hoping to spare people from potentially being the same kind of idiot I was: I was using a calculator to figure out how much XP I'd spent on stuff in NGU like Energy Cap, Energy Power, etc, instead of just putting my base values into the custom purchase box. Huge idiot, thank you.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

nessin posted:

I wish I'd decided to ditch wolves earlier. I waited until I had a decent number of healers and now I'll occasionally be able to let one get killed but usually I have to retreat because I'm the healers keep the damage spread out enough that something else more critical (like a healer) is at risk in addition to a wolf. That and now that I've got Marauders I wish I could get rid of the Warriors.

Yeah not being able to fire soldiers feels like an oversight. I'm pretty much just throwing my armies at other armies hoping the right soldiers die so I can replace them at this point.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
On NGU: I've just gotten myself a maxed-out Slimy Set, and my Adventure stats just got to where I can autokill Beast V2. What should I be doing to get my stats to where I can handle Chocolate World? I've been putting the full force of my energy into the Adventure NGU for a while now, and it's up to about 680,000. Is there anything else worth looking at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Cockmaster posted:

On NGU: I've just gotten myself a maxed-out Slimy Set, and my Adventure stats just got to where I can autokill Beast V2. What should I be doing to get my stats to where I can handle Chocolate World? I've been putting the full force of my energy into the Adventure NGU for a while now, and it's up to about 680,000. Is there anything else worth looking at?

I think you're just at the point, or very close to the point, where the best way to make progress is spending XP on adventure stats. Although I think you should be able or nearly able to max out all the NGUs at this point as well?