Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Residual Toast posted:

I don't think anyone mentioned this but there's a new zone in Your Chronicle, as well as challenge runs with decent rewards that make it possible to do ED5 in a non insane way when levelled now, I think.

Steam version only, or web version too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Got my first Macguffin Fragment :toot:

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Only recently I discovered Trimps and I really enjoy the game. I'm just curious, are there any tips for the levels 50 - 60? Until lv 50 I finished all challenges, I then pushed it one time to 55 just to unlock Decay and I'm running it till ~lv 44, where it slows down a lot, so I abandon the challenge then. Rinse & repeat

Any particular tips to help me pushing either to level 60 other than just farming more helium? I'm spending most helium on carpentry (currently level 14), as it looks like returns from that perk are quite good.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 24, 2022

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
new (extremely) beta game by Spotky1004

Module Incremental
https://spotky1004.com/Module-Incremental-Beta/

Game doesn't explain itself well, so:
*First prestige adds prestige points to your pool
*The next prestige will cash in those points for random module drops
*The blue "2.00" button is the prestige point requirement for the next "Upgrader" buy

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

crime weed posted:

Module Incremental

*The blue "2.00" button is the prestige point requirement for the next "Upgrader" buy

This game officially annoyed me by being an incremental where tight margins are very important while also having the visible numbers round up. This is mostly irritating because a 4 upgrades Extra Modules reads as +0.25 slots per level, but it's actually marginally less than that which means it takes a whole extra level to get each slot. I've just been locked at 6 upgrades for hours and thought I'd finally found an out only for this to happen. Maybe once it gets further along I'll look at it again.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

This game officially annoyed me by being an incremental where tight margins are very important while also having the visible numbers round up. This is mostly irritating because a 4 upgrades Extra Modules reads as +0.25 slots per level, but it's actually marginally less than that which means it takes a whole extra level to get each slot. I've just been locked at 6 upgrades for hours and thought I'd finally found an out only for this to happen. Maybe once it gets further along I'll look at it again.

It's ridiculous how often I've seen an upgrade that costs, say, 1e6 of a resource so you spend an hour waiting for it to go up to 1e6. Then you can't buy the upgrade because actually you only have 5e5, and the upgrade actually costs 1.4e6 :arghfist:

crime weed posted:

Module Incremental

Does selecting a higher level for a module before you equip it actually do anything or are the arrows just there so you can preview costs?

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 25, 2022

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

It's ridiculous how often I've seen an upgrade that costs, say, 1e6 of a resource so you spend an hour waiting for it to go up to 1e6. Then you can't buy the upgrade because actually you only have 5e5, and the upgrade actually costs 1.4e6 :arghfist:

Does selecting a higher level for a module before you equip it actually do anything or are the arrows just there so you can preview costs?
to my best knowledge it's for previewing costs so you can set up your spreadsheets

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

hm. well. definitely a beta.
got the buttons for gold mine, gold duplicator and now decay boost overlapping. Hope I don't need to equip/upgrade gold mines again :shepface:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Name sounded familiar same kid that made resource grid. That never got too far past the beta feel and felt like it had places to go. Has spotky1004 done anything else? I like following idle game development but if this is unlikely to go places and be as spotty and random as updates on resource grid it kind of loses that. A really buggy game with updates multiple times a week with new stuff throw in with bug fixes is a fun and interesting experience with half finished poorly documented features. A game that does the same but on a time scale of months instead of hours or days is just low effort.

There's a big difference between this is broken and has been for months, and oh this is new how does this work? Does this work? No this doesn't work. Maybe it will work tomorrow.

I'm not counting it as down and out but so far based on the posts itt and the dev this seems like it will be forgotten.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been playing Trimps the past few days and I don't know if I'm having any fun with it. This is actually me continuing a save that I started ages ago to try and get back into it. Numbers are definitely going up but progress seems glacially paced (I just portaled for the first time last night) and the gameplay of clicking upgrades as they become available isn't really grabbing me.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

explosivo posted:

I've been playing Trimps the past few days and I don't know if I'm having any fun with it. This is actually me continuing a save that I started ages ago to try and get back into it. Numbers are definitely going up but progress seems glacially paced (I just portaled for the first time last night) and the gameplay of clicking upgrades as they become available isn't really grabbing me.

I haven't played in years, but you need to run challenges to make actual progress in Helium from what I remember. I stopped around when lava came out but if you are that far you need to farm that. I think there's something with towers after that? Either way you should be entering a challenge and doing the entire run in there if I remember correctly.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

pixaal posted:

I haven't played in years, but you need to run challenges to make actual progress in Helium from what I remember. I stopped around when lava came out but if you are that far you need to farm that. I think there's something with towers after that? Either way you should be entering a challenge and doing the entire run in there if I remember correctly.

Oh drat, I assumed it'd be an NGU situation where I could start challenges when I want to but now that I portaled it looks like I have to work my way back to that zone to get to the portal again before I can start a challenge :sigh:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

crime weed posted:

Module Incremental

I give up, I can't make it past 6 Upgraders and 4668 prestige points

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

pixaal posted:

Name sounded familiar same kid that made resource grid. That never got too far past the beta feel and felt like it had places to go. Has spotky1004 done anything else? I like following idle game development but if this is unlikely to go places and be as spotty and random as updates on resource grid it kind of loses that. A really buggy game with updates multiple times a week with new stuff throw in with bug fixes is a fun and interesting experience with half finished poorly documented features. A game that does the same but on a time scale of months instead of hours or days is just low effort.

There's a big difference between this is broken and has been for months, and oh this is new how does this work? Does this work? No this doesn't work. Maybe it will work tomorrow.

I'm not counting it as down and out but so far based on the posts itt and the dev this seems like it will be forgotten.
he's made a bunch, but the other big game the dev made was calculator evolution

https://spotky1004.com/Calculator-Evolution

the dude definitely develops in bursts, but i do like analyzing his UI design + code

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

GrossMurpel posted:

I give up, I can't make it past 6 Upgraders and 4668 prestige points

I stared at it for 5 minutes until I realized that pressing prestige doesn't seem to add anything to anything unless it's bigger than before. But it sort of does? But no, not where I'd expect.

This is a lot like Resource Grid for me. It's a good idea, but how things interact is even less apparent than it was there.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Jhet posted:

I stared at it for 5 minutes until I realized that pressing prestige doesn't seem to add anything to anything unless it's bigger than before. But it sort of does? But no, not where I'd expect.

This is a lot like Resource Grid for me. It's a good idea, but how things interact is even less apparent than it was there.

Prestiging adds XP to your modules every time you do it, but prestige points are set to the number on prestige, not added.
So if you keep prestiging you can keep leveling up your modules but you can only buy more Upgraders if you get more prestige point gain

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Also the helium per hour of trimps played actively vs setting it up and running at actually as an idle game is like four orders of magnitude or something. Eventually (very eventually) the game introduces it's own auto-play mechanics but I really heavily recommend running auto trimps to at least do some stuff even if you don't want to fully automate it.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

crime weed posted:

Module Incremental

Does anyone know how upgraders work?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

How do you Equip the Gold Duplicator once you unlock it?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Zteuer posted:

Does anyone know how upgraders work?

So:
-On prestige, unspent prestige points are turned into (prestige) modules.
-(prestige) modules are distributed at random to... your equipable modules.
-When an (equipable) module has enough (prestige) modules, it can go up a tier if you assign an upgrader.

Klungar posted:

How do you Equip the Gold Duplicator once you unlock it?

-Initially, you need to first respec to open your module slots so you can equip the (gold duplicator) module.
-Note that without a T2 (Extra Module) module, this won't actually help much. (Rec: Goldmine>ExtraModule>GoldDuplicator>PrestigeGain)

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

Arcanuse posted:

So:
-When an (equipable) module has enough (prestige) modules, it can go up a tier if you assign an upgrader.

-Initially, you need to first respec to open your module slots so you can equip the (gold duplicator) module.
-Note that without a T2 (Extra Module) module, this won't actually help much. (Rec: Goldmine>ExtraModule>GoldDuplicator>PrestigeGain)

Thanks a lot!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

So:

Thanks, basically needed to just double click on Prestige a couple cycles until I got the Prestige Modules distributed to the right Modules. What's the suggested Upgrades for 5/6? I currently have Gold Gain 2, Extra Module 2, and Gold Mult 1, which can get me to Prestige Gain VII if I'm willing to wait long enough at the end of a run, but not sure if Gold Gain 1/Gold Mult 2 would get me there faster. And does Prestige Gain itself never receive Prestige Modules, or have I just gotten very unlucky?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Agent355 posted:

Also the helium per hour of trimps played actively vs setting it up and running at actually as an idle game is like four orders of magnitude or something. Eventually (very eventually) the game introduces it's own auto-play mechanics but I really heavily recommend running auto trimps to at least do some stuff even if you don't want to fully automate it.

So you're saying it'll go quicker if it's always running instead of getting offline gains?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

No I mean actively as in sitting there and pressing buttons to make things happen. Trimps is very much a game where you don't have to wait very long before you should be building houses or weapons or w/e and if you stay on top of building things as fast as you can you'll make way more helium way faster than if you just let the game run (or stay offline).

Autotrimps you can set to just like, build houses or weapons when possible or w/e. I definitely used it heavily the whole time I played.

These are features you will unlock eventually (though they weren't even in the game when autotrimps first came out), but it's way down the line. So you have to either play actively and push buttons fairly constantly, get used to glacially slow progress by playing suboptimally, or use auto trimps.

E:

If you're so inclined you can basically get the game to play itself with enough autotrimps optimization, but you can also just strike a nice middle ground where all auto trimps does is build things when possible and you're responsible for the rest or whatever.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

explosivo posted:

So you're saying it'll go quicker if it's always running instead of getting offline gains?

I recommend auto trimps even if you don't want to automate anything for that handy dandy HE/hr chart when it starts to dip that's when you stop your run. Or was, again it's been a few years so maybe some challenge has a dip then another surge. Either way it is a very useful stat to chart.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hmm, thanks for the info. Autotrimps sounds like exactly what I need but gently caress it if I'm going to have to download a tool to make the game less painful to play. Think I'm just gonna put this one down now tbh.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I've been playing trimps for a long time,and never used autotrimps. For me, getting access to the automation is part of the point of playing, and just skipping over that would remove some of the goals of the game.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Just started playing Idelon, do we have a guild/guilds?

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Klungar posted:

Thanks, basically needed to just double click on Prestige a couple cycles until I got the Prestige Modules distributed to the right Modules. What's the suggested Upgrades for 5/6? I currently have Gold Gain 2, Extra Module 2, and Gold Mult 1, which can get me to Prestige Gain VII if I'm willing to wait long enough at the end of a run, but not sure if Gold Gain 1/Gold Mult 2 would get me there faster. And does Prestige Gain itself never receive Prestige Modules, or have I just gotten very unlucky?

It seems like the modules are divided up by some ratio and prestige gain has a very low ratio, so you need around 2k for it to gain a single module point. Also it looks like the current balance means you can only barely get to 11k prestige before the scaling becomes too much and you can't afford any more upgrades. So basically wait for more updates.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Spazzle posted:

I've been playing trimps for a long time,and never used autotrimps. For me, getting access to the automation is part of the point of playing, and just skipping over that would remove some of the goals of the game.

I'd agree if it didn't take months to unlock automation. I like my idle games to transition from active play to idle play pretty quick, if it's more than like a few days to get to the automation I tend to quit.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Agent355 posted:

I'd agree if it didn't take months to unlock automation. I like my idle games to transition from active play to idle play pretty quick, if it's more than like a few days to get to the automation I tend to quit.

I understand. For me trimps is kinda like an interactive clock you baby along for years.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Grapplejack posted:

For evolve idle spend some time doing silver runs and nuking yourself, you should be able to clear one every day or so and eventually you'll have your mastery at about 20-30% and you can start to bioseed

What is a silver run? I am running it at work and at home so I have 2 different games going and both I have already Bioseeded and done a bunch of reset but don't think I have ever seen anything about silver.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Trastion posted:

What is a silver run? I am running it at work and at home so I have 2 different games going and both I have already Bioseeded and done a bunch of reset but don't think I have ever seen anything about silver.

Silver is a 3-challenge run as indicated by the star in the top left near your home planet name. Generally those 3 challenges are everything but No Starting Plasmid. 4* runs are all the basic challenges and are the highest mastery tier.

On your first Blackhole I'd personally suggest doing no-star and getting out asap just so you can swap to either AM or Heavy. You'll return one day for the 4* universe-specific achievement anyways.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 25, 2022

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Spazzle posted:

I understand. For me trimps is kinda like an interactive clock you baby along for years.

I did the push to level 60 yesterday and that's the first level where you unlock some automation. Namely, auto building storage if you're full - and buying basic upgrades..

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Rynoto posted:

Silver is a 3-challenge run as indicated by the star in the top left near your home planet name. Generally those 3 challenges are everything but No Starting Plasmid. 4* runs are all the basic challenges and are the highest mastery tier.

On your first Blackhole I'd personally suggest doing no-star and getting out asap just so you can swap to either AM or Heavy. You'll return one day for the 4* universe-specific achievement anyways.

Ahh ok I have been doing 3 challenge runs already. Haven't seen a Blackhole yet though.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

kaaj posted:

I did the push to level 60 yesterday and that's the first level where you unlock some automation. Namely, auto building storage if you're full - and buying basic upgrades..

I’ve started and stopped playing Trimps 6-7 times exactly because I can’t seem to get to that point. My save didn’t go away this time, so I’m nearly there finally. I really need some automation, but really not that much. It’s so much wasted time and production on the way there.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Trastion posted:

Ahh ok I have been doing 3 challenge runs already. Haven't seen a Blackhole yet though.

It's the reset directly after Bioseed; you'll want to do 3-4 Bios to upgrade your plasmid softcap before powering through. There's no reason to stay in the starter universe just because of the way mastery and achievements work.

After the BH you have the more-boring-but-better-long-run choice of going antimatter and saving up 3k anti-plasmids while doing 4* runs - the fourth challenge changes to Weaker Mastery which you have very little of anyways - and will help you alot once you return to other universes as Anti-Plasmids aren't affected by the No Starting Plasmid challenge and 3k will give you ~30% prod mult. and ~25% storage mult. Very good for early-mid game 4* mastery grinding. After that (or if you want to skip Antimatter) it's off to Heavy universe which gives a currency bonus to all non-1st tier based resets.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 25, 2022

korora
Sep 3, 2011

Dire Lemming posted:

It seems like the modules are divided up by some ratio and prestige gain has a very low ratio, so you need around 2k for it to gain a single module point. Also it looks like the current balance means you can only barely get to 11k prestige before the scaling becomes too much and you can't afford any more upgrades. So basically wait for more updates.

You can get past that point with T2 Prestige Gain and a bit of idling.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

korora posted:

You can get past that point with T2 Prestige Gain and a bit of idling.

2/2/2 Gold Gain/Extra Module/Prestige Gain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Klungar posted:

2/2/2 Gold Gain/Extra Module/Prestige Gain?

Yeah that will get you upgrade 7 in around 2 hours of idling.

For upgrade 8 and maybe 9 I currently have 2/2/3 gold mine/growth/extra module which after checking it a few times through the day and after waking up I'm a couple of hours from 1.8 million prestige gain.