Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

habeasdorkus posted:

Ok, lets get this party started with the Hub of the Solar System.

[list]
[*]City Name: Boston, MA
[*]City Nicknames: The Hub of the Solar System, The Hub of the Universe, The City on a Hill, The American Athens, The Cradle of Liberty, Beantown.
[*]Major teams: Red Sox (MLB), Celtics (NBA), Bruins (NHL), Patriots (NFL, but located 45 minutes out of town in Foxboro), Revolution (MLS, also play at Foxboro)

Gonna add a little bit on to Boston while I work on a very small post about Manchester:

The North End has some of the best restaurants in the city. Santarpio's in East Boston is also good and not usually crowded. Don't drive in to the city, if you're driving in from the west or the north park at Alewife station right at the end of route 2. There's a couple hotels nearby, it's right off the highway, and there's not usually a lot of traffic on 2, unlike every other highway in the area. If you fly in don't even rent a car unless you absolutely have to.

The New England Auto Show usually comes in I believe in January and it's pretty good if you're into cars, though it's mostly domestics.

If you're looking for outdoorsy activities and don't mind the drive, the White Mountains are about 2 to 3 hours up I-93 and the whole area might be amongst the best in the nation for skiing, hiking, offroading, etc.

Also one thing to avoid if you're going south, don't ever go to Plymouth Rock, it's a complete waste of time; it's literally just a rock.

e: Aphrodite mentioned this in the Discord as well, there's a lot less to do on Sundays than you'd expect, a lot of the restaurants aren't open and the city is a lot quieter than other days.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU