Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

For me fun in Toronto is about eating and drinking so I will write on that.
Like a lot of big cities, Toronto has a lot of options, especially if you're willing to drive out to the suburbs where every strip mall has amazingly diverse and affordable food. Danny Chau for the Ringer actually had a pretty decent article that touched on the suburb/strip mall food scene here which explains it better than I can: https://www.theringer.com/2019/2/18/18228969/toronto-food-diary

I'd also recommend checking out blogto.ca which once you get past their clickbait real estate articles has a lot of good lists of where to get what in the city. It's hard to make a list here as there is just too much to cover and it really depends what you want.

I've lived on the west side for a lot of my adult life so my suggestions are biased but hopefully some east enders can give good suggestions too (Only Cafe owns).I really like Korea town. It has a lot of great restaurants (mama chef is my favourite) and the strip of bars running west all the way to Landsdown has a lot to offer too. Pour Boy is the best dive bar in the city dont @ me. That same stretch running on Dundas or College also has more trendier but still fantastic restaurants.

If youre into beer check out the many breweries that have opened recently. Rainhard, Junction, Shacklands (my fave), High park, Blood Brothers, Halo, Peoples Pint and a few more are all in the west-ish end and relatively close to each other (Rainhard, Junction and Shacklands are literally beside each other). For cocktails people rave about Bar Raval but Northwood on that same stretch of Bloor (and their sister place across the street) is more chill.

For bars/music/night life it really depends on what you like. The strip of bars on Dundas running from Bathurst to Dovercourt is probably my favourite, but I'm biased because it has a bunch of lowkey places that play good electronic music (Bambiis especially). If you like more rock/alternative, Cameron House and The Rivoli on Queen usually have good local musicians. For classical, the Toronto symphony orchestra is legit but the university of Toronto also puts on a ton of free concerts. For Jazz, check out The Rex on Queen street.

E: I guess I broke the rule by making GBS threads on King street so I'll just say I think the food/drink/entertainment in the city gets better the further you get from the central business district.

BWV fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU