Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
  • City Name: Boston
  • Major teams: Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Patriots (not mentioning anything Foxboro-related because I never go there)
  • What to do: The North End is very close to the TD Garden (Bruins and Celtics); it has a ton of good Italian restaurants. The Museum of Science and the Aquarium are both very close and walkable on a nice day. You can also walk the Freedom Trail if you're a history buff, or take a Duck Tour. If you have a free night, there's a bunch of music venues (Sinclair, Paradise, Brighton Music Hall, House of Blues, Royale, Middle East). The MOFA and Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum are both close to Fenway.
  • What to avoid*: Quincy Market is a tourist trap. So is Cheers.
  • How to get there: You can take the Blue line from the airport to get downtown (or Uber/Lyft from a designated pickup spot). If your hotel is downtown you should be able to walk or take a short T ride wherever you need to get to. The Green Line can be very slow west of Fenway. Uber/Lyft if you're staying further out, rather than gently caress with the commuter rail (my opinion).
  • Stuff reasonably close that's interesting: Harvard Square is on the Red Line outbound from Downtown. Chinatown, as the name implies, has some great Chinese restaurants. There are a lot of Breweries around too (Harpoon, Mystic, Night Shift, Downeast, etc). If you're feeling really ambitious take a trip north (Salem, Beverly, Marblehead) or south (Quincy, Weymouth, Hingham) and hang out at a sea-side spot, get a lobster roll on the beach and all that fun poo poo.
  • Pre/Post-Game Hangouts:

Bruins/Celts: Any place between Causeway and Valenti Way will fill up at least an hour or so before game time, and if you're just drinking they should all do the trick. I like the food at Boston Beer Works, and Tavern in the Square has decent food too. I've heard good things about McGann's and Porters, although I've never eaten there.

Fenway: Similar situation in that there are a lot of bars and restaurants nearby and they all fill up early. Again, Beer Works is solid, Yard House has a ton of space, Bleacher Bar is a cool experience because it faces out on to center field in Fenway, Loretta's Last Call is really good food and drink, and Jillian's/Lucky Strike has stuff like pool tables/bowling/arcade games. Baseball Tavern can be fun because it has a roof deck, but the food is not good.

e: beaten by 4 minutes, but mine has some different stuff

Ace Jameson fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU