Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Taintrunner posted:

I've been having decent luck just setting combat to auto, looks like the AI is better at fighting than me. Got my sick Kampfer/Barbados/Nu/Duel abomination just wrecking shop with Char at the helm.

I use that dude a fair bit as a rlief gundam guy - atleast you're one of the names I recognise!

The AI is weirdly passive for some builds, my current main Gundam does a lot more damage in melee but the AI loves standing around and shooting until the EX abilities charge. Which is fine, Trans-Am Rush is ridiculously broken as is double saber attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

Guncannon's great but have you considered Mobile Worker on anything that isn't a big giant lardo?

Like so:

With the Dynames arms it's a little more Hot Dog Stand than I prefer but it still owns

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Phy posted:

Like so:

With the Dynames arms it's a little more Hot Dog Stand than I prefer but it still owns

It's good but honestly I really don't think anything (so far) beats Guncannon

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I use that dude a fair bit as a rlief gundam guy - atleast you're one of the names I recognise!

The AI is weirdly passive for some builds, my current main Gundam does a lot more damage in melee but the AI loves standing around and shooting until the EX abilities charge. Which is fine, Trans-Am Rush is ridiculously broken as is double saber attack.

Keep in mind that the AI type is separate from job licenses. For example, the prereg Heero Yuy is a defender with long range AI (i.e. shoots and does not enter melee). Meanwhile someone like Ramba Ral is a defender with short range AI and will preferentially enter melee.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Thanks for the earlier answers, Null of Undefined. Good to know about the duplicate parts and the level cap bit especially.

I like this game, as it brings me back to some old Virtual On action. The control scheme leaves something to be desired. To be fair, I feel that way about most action type games on a phone. I'm mostly in it for the virtual gunpla building. Which is going to be my main problem, I can tell. I'm sure I'll never need GM II legs or an Acguy backpack in a fight, but what if I want to make some wacky build and slap a crazy color scheme on it for a third man in some low pressure match? I'm never going to want to delete anything.

I assume parts only drop in one rarity, right? Like I got a bunch of 1 star Dom Tropen parts from the shop. There are no higher star drops of that suit from the gatcha are there?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

kirtar posted:

Keep in mind that the AI type is separate from job licenses. For example, the prereg Heero Yuy is a defender with long range AI (i.e. shoots and does not enter melee). Meanwhile someone like Ramba Ral is a defender with short range AI and will preferentially enter melee.

Yeah using Sai saici who is listed as 'Short ranged/balanced' so expected more melee.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Luchacabra posted:

Thanks for the earlier answers, Null of Undefined. Good to know about the duplicate parts and the level cap bit especially.

I like this game, as it brings me back to some old Virtual On action. The control scheme leaves something to be desired. To be fair, I feel that way about most action type games on a phone. I'm mostly in it for the virtual gunpla building. Which is going to be my main problem, I can tell. I'm sure I'll never need GM II legs or an Acguy backpack in a fight, but what if I want to make some wacky build and slap a crazy color scheme on it for a third man in some low pressure match? I'm never going to want to delete anything.

I assume parts only drop in one rarity, right? Like I got a bunch of 1 star Dom Tropen parts from the shop. There are no higher star drops of that suit from the gatcha are there?

Yeah parts all have a default rarity and you can increase through Tune Ups as far as I know

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
But, and correct me if I'm wrong, it's not really worth spending a bunch of resources to tune up a bunch of 1* parts into 4* ones cause they'll never be as strong as "natively" 4* parts anyway, and cost you a bunch of resources to get there. Unless you REALLY want a 4* Juaggu for some reason (I kind of do, god bless that ugly piece of poo poo).
I have used so many EN recharges today. Only 2 more regular-hard missions and I'll have gotten all the event rewards.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Diet Poison posted:

But, and correct me if I'm wrong, it's not really worth spending a bunch of resources to tune up a bunch of 1* parts into 4* ones cause they'll never be as strong as "natively" 4* parts anyway, and cost you a bunch of resources to get there. Unless you REALLY want a 4* Juaggu for some reason (I kind of do, god bless that ugly piece of poo poo).
I have used so many EN recharges today. Only 2 more regular-hard missions and I'll have gotten all the event rewards.

For reference, 2* parts max out at like half the total stats of 4* parts.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I feel like the cpwr ratings skew too heavily in favor of hp increasing parts, using autobuild instead of taking the time to look through all my parts has lead to me ignoring a lot of parts. Are there any good stat breakdowns? I'm sick of using the pre-register Gundam shield but the game rates it more highly than any of the 3* rarity shields I have, some of which are higher leveled even.

E: also whoever made up these stats sure hated Gundam SEED and especially AGE all my 3* and 4* pieces from those series get way lower numbers vs stuff from literally everything else.

Sextro fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 12, 2019

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Diet Poison posted:

No idea if all native 4 star parts are stronger than parts raised to 4 star. I haven’t done it enough to really have any good amount of data but I’m sure we’ll have that info eventually. I can say for sure that my 4 star bearguy head and 4 star Acguy arms are super strong and auto pick considers them my strongest.

It’s also definitely not gonna stop me from making an all 5 star GM.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Null of Undefined posted:

It’s also definitely not gonna stop me from making an all 5 star GM III.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

No idea if all native 4 star parts are stronger than parts raised to 4 star. I haven’t done it enough to really have any good amount of data but I’m sure we’ll have that info eventually. I can say for sure that my 4 star bearguy head and 4 star Acguy arms are super strong and auto pick considers them my strongest.

It’s also definitely not gonna stop me from making an all 5 star GM.

Yeah native high star parts are way better than upgraded you've upgraded to a high star rating. Hold onto the circuits you need to go from 4->5 stars.

The CPWR optimisation thing isn't particularly good generally. It doesn't seem to look at the other attributes like getting a technique rating or getting a word tag, so sometimes you can actually get a better overall rating by swapping parts manually.

I think that is good though. It's nice that there is some value in fiddling with your parts setup yourself, particularly in balancing across your squad.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 12, 2019

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Diet Poison posted:

But, and correct me if I'm wrong, it's not really worth spending a bunch of resources to tune up a bunch of 1* parts into 4* ones cause they'll never be as strong as "natively" 4* parts anyway, and cost you a bunch of resources to get there. Unless you REALLY want a 4* Juaggu for some reason

This is good advice, but also, I blew a ton of upgrade circuits maxing out level 60 Gelgoog Cannon parts. I got to 20,000 CPWR, which is way less than the 30+ I've been seeing other, better, builds come out to, but I also fuckin love Gelgoogs, so, uhh.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I'm kind of worried that I might have already hit a wall with this game, having already 95% attained my goal of "collecting" all the 1 and 2 star Gunplas, and Haro chips come real slowly once you've finished the story. But we'll see. Something I just noticed that I really appreciate is that if you buy Haro chips (and lol if you ever use real cash on mobile game currency, please tell me I'm not alone in this opinion, just strikes me as hosed up) there really isn't much of an "incentive" to drop a hundred bucks at a time, like I've seen with other games the whole "wow! best value" poo poo for getting many more fake-coins in return for spending more realbux at once, but it costs 1.1c/haro to buy 120, and 0.99c/haro to buy 11100. Canuck funds (assuming the game auto-converts, cause $1.39 seems like the Canadian translation of $0.99.) I dunno, I just really like that; it seems way less exploitative of people with poor impulse control whose monkey-brains light up hard for a perceived bargain.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Yeah I've about hit that point too. Not much to do for the time being until they fix arena and release another event, I'm basically just going back and clearing challenges for free missions that I missed to get a few :harobux: and doing the daily missions for that extra 20. On the bright side we get 1 free standard capsule a day and I've been getting plenty of friend points from y'all. so There's still stuff to do.

Also to verify, a 5 star GM legs is like a quarter as powerful as 5 star Barbatos legs so upgrading will only get you so far. That sucks because I feel like getting a 1star to 5star takes a lot of effort and money and parts, so it should be at least as powerful, but I guess they want to encourage you to buy more gacha rolls.

I'm still obsessed with this game and can't wait to see how it grows and where it goes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Also to verify, a 5 star GM legs is like a quarter as powerful as 5 star Barbatos legs so upgrading will only get you so far. That sucks because I feel like getting a 1star to 5star takes a lot of effort and money and parts, so it should be at least as powerful, but I guess they want to encourage you to buy more gacha rolls.

I'm still obsessed with this game and can't wait to see how it grows and where it goes.

I'd really like to at least draw some more Char's Zaku or Kampfer parts so that not everything I own is Made of Gundam; I think those are the rarest Zeonic parts so far. (I have one unit that's like half Kampfer half Alex... so wrong but so right)

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So do 1/2* parts require fewer upgrade circuits to get to 5* than natural 4* parts or do you folks have an easy way to get the circuits?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

I'm kind of worried that I might have already hit a wall with this game, having already 95% attained my goal of "collecting" all the 1 and 2 star Gunplas, and Haro chips come real slowly once you've finished the story. But we'll see. Something I just noticed that I really appreciate is that if you buy Haro chips (and lol if you ever use real cash on mobile game currency, please tell me I'm not alone in this opinion, just strikes me as hosed up) there really isn't much of an "incentive" to drop a hundred bucks at a time, like I've seen with other games the whole "wow! best value" poo poo for getting many more fake-coins in return for spending more realbux at once, but it costs 1.1c/haro to buy 120, and 0.99c/haro to buy 11100. Canuck funds (assuming the game auto-converts, cause $1.39 seems like the Canadian translation of $0.99.) I dunno, I just really like that; it seems way less exploitative of people with poor impulse control whose monkey-brains light up hard for a perceived bargain.

I'm not against spending money on mobile games (Ask me about spending $300 on SW Galaxy of Heroes), but the structure of GBGW is a hard pass for me. Spending money on loot box/gacha style draws is some pants-on-head bad odds. The EV of a given draw should probably be north of $500 for any given purple part, given the chance for repeats.

Anything that breaks out parts "booster pack" style like this should be looked at with suspicion. I'd be more inclined to buy a premium pack where you get one part of Money Gundam than I will be to buy pool draws with a 3% chance of getting a given part of Money Gundam and the rest of the draws are chaff.

I should really break out my probability notes and do some calculations at some point. It would be good for me to brush up on, and I could probably wave a few people off on buying currency.

Phy posted:

I'd really like to at least draw some more Char's Zaku or Kampfer parts so that not everything I own is Made of Gundam; I think those are the rarest Zeonic parts so far. (I have one unit that's like half Kampfer half Alex... so wrong but so right)

The Kampfer's back is great, and I'm using it on gunpla with Rising Gundam arms to make god's gift to long range support.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Warmachine posted:

The Kampfer's back is great, and I'm using it on gunpla with Rising Gundam arms to make god's gift to long range support.

Yeah, I had that for most of my run through the campaign until I scored the Nu's Fin Funnels. I should throw it back on my main and see if it shreds grunt suits as nicely as the Mk II or Jegan shields' launchers (which have been a one-hit kill in the Very Hard event battle)

Zushio
May 8, 2008
EVFUETJTT

Next event has Aile Strike & X Divider as the draws. Pilots are Cecily Fairchild and Kou Uraki.
2x coins for Rising Gundam, 5x for Aile Stirke, 7x for X Divider.

Been enjoying the hell out of this, doublely so since I got a new s10 and it stopped crashing constantly (RIP s6edge). Had solid luck on pulls except for a drat gun. Even landed a Dynames Head for the last couple of event days. Maxed out the Rising Gundam, don't think it is worth Awakening. Team is sitting at just under 19k right now.

I'm super glad Turn-A is getting repped so early my favourite Gundam series by far. The Sumo's gun is bar far the best weapon I have and I was glad to get it. And since my pilot draws have been kinda meh (except 4 Yzak in 1 draw) Harry has been great too.

Heres a shot of my current ride.

It's sitting at about 7500. I've just been buying out the capital shop and taking friend draws constantly in a quest to get more paint schemes so I can customize. At first I was putting real effort in to making a cohesive look. Then I got the Dom paint. It just looks too good on almost everything.

I'm only level 32 and am pushed right up against the Cost Limit. When I level up one more time I can replace the 3rd last Green my last unit is still using.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 12, 2019

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Oops. I have a Huckbein.

EW9088U7T is my friend code.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
So if you got three Dynames backs, would you use em separately or combine em? >< Am I correct in thinking the only effect of combining is changing the CD/duration of trans am?

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Nur_Neerg posted:

So if you got three Dynames backs, would you use em separately or combine em? >< Am I correct in thinking the only effect of combining is changing the CD/duration of trans am?

I would combine them to increase the EX skill but if it’s not a back you plan on using much you could also just sell them for plat coins or something.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Speaking of the story... how is everyone dealing with the final boss? He's got a solid 5k power on my individual suits, and hits like a goddamn truck. I'm not sure if the answer is "grind out CPWR" to out stat the boss on a 1v1 basis, or something to do with team composition (which, since the only thing I can think of is some kinda of dual-rep gimmick where two CPU suits have the repair kits to allow them to rep each other, seems not to far from outclassing him 1v1).

Any tips? I'm space poor and don't have much in the way of fancy gacha parts or the ability to draw them.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Advice I've seen is basically run Defenders in your two allies so they last longer, and stat up your main as much as possible. I burned most of my green and blue part-specific nippers in the process, and for my suit the difference between 10k and 12k was enough to go from frustration to bodying him easily. If you have the Gundam's beam rifle with Last Shooting, equip that, or parts with staggering effects like missile launchers. Also it helps to keep a ton of distance between you and him, afaik his finisher auto-hits if you're too close and I never found a way to interrupt it.

If you get real desperate you can always burn Harobux at the end of the fight, it resets your health, allies and cooldowns, but not his.

Phy fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 13, 2019

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I never had a problem with him but tbh I think that’s just cuz I’d hit him with the Beam Javelin and Gundam beam Rifle EX moves.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Buttpla

Also Kamfer legs are loving stupid and deleted the last boss fairly easily.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I never had a problem with him but tbh I think that’s just cuz I’d hit him with the Beam Javelin and Gundam beam Rifle EX moves.

Yeah, one of the things I'm starting to feel is a lack of A-tier EX moves. I ought to go through my parts and figure out the big nasty ones. Is there a list anywhere?

edit:

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Buttpla

Also Kamfer legs are loving stupid and deleted the last boss fairly easily.

A+ use of Yzak.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Warmachine posted:

Yeah, one of the things I'm starting to feel is a lack of A-tier EX moves. I ought to go through my parts and figure out the big nasty ones. Is there a list anywhere?

edit:

A+ use of Yzak.

Kamfer leg shot thingy does a shitload of damage and reloads rather quickly. My mace thingy does a lot of damage but it was pink and probably a lovely droprate.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Kamfer leg shot thingy does a shitload of damage and reloads rather quickly. My mace thingy does a lot of damage but it was pink and probably a lovely droprate.

Funny enough, I pulled the mace from a coupon draw. It's my only purple draw with an EX skill.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Warmachine posted:

Funny enough, I pulled the mace from a coupon draw. It's my only purple draw with an EX skill.

Yeah Mace seems to be rated A damage for it's skill, kampfer legs are B+ but 1/4 the cool down and a small aoe.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Nur_Neerg posted:

Yeah that's the only benefit of combining (well, they will also level up a bit).

Given how few 4 star parts I have, is probably use them as they will be strong options. I've got two 4 star Gundam shields and am using both.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Oops. I have a Huckbein.

EW9088U7T is my friend code.

Nice!

I haven't figured how to do Cybuster, but I will.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Yeah that's the only benefit of combining (well, they will also level up a bit).

Given how few 4 star parts I have, is probably use them as they will be strong options. I've got two 4 star Gundam shields and am using both.

Plus 4*s can recycle, remember. If you somehow end up with 3 extra Barbatos heads for some reason you can trade 'em in for the legs or arms, etc.

e: Just got a fuckin 4* beam saber from a free pull. Nice.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 13, 2019

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Lmao I just got a FOURTH Dynames back >< Debating between buffing and recycling.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Random build spit out a winner.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zushio posted:

Random build spit out a winner.

Ral's right again, it seems.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Ral's right again, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Phy posted:

Advice I've seen is basically run Defenders in your two allies so they last longer, and stat up your main as much as possible. I burned most of my green and blue part-specific nippers in the process, and for my suit the difference between 10k and 12k was enough to go from frustration to bodying him easily. If you have the Gundam's beam rifle with Last Shooting, equip that, or parts with staggering effects like missile launchers. Also it helps to keep a ton of distance between you and him, afaik his finisher auto-hits if you're too close and I never found a way to interrupt it.

If you get real desperate you can always burn Harobux at the end of the fight, it resets your health, allies and cooldowns, but not his.

I had to use the 50 Harobux to finish him off, the dude hits like a truck but I ran a shooty dude and just let him tear up my allies while I Barbatos-cannond him for a while.

The fight right before that against the gigantic RX-78 was neat too, if much easier. Just this huge Gundam running around, my only complaint was that it didn't take place on the Diver City map against the 1/1 Unicorn.