Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nuebot posted:

Speaking of Reddit, someone posted a thing and apparently they might be adding the option to just purchase parts with real money directly? :shepface: Bandai games, man.

Add Balls to the game and they’ll have my money.

Hyper-Nerd Option: Saberfish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

fartknocker posted:

Add Balls to the game and they’ll have my money.

Hyper-Nerd Option: Saberfish

Hell yeah

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Why in the gently caress is Mika a defender?!

That didn’t stop me from pulling him in three tries, but drat that doesn’t make any sense.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 11, 2019

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Speaking of Reddit, someone posted a thing and apparently they might be adding the option to just purchase parts with real money directly? :shepface: Bandai games, man.

Not that I can talk because I still play Honkai Impact 3rd which added an awful Battle Pass system.

Any direct purchase method they dream up absolutely cannot be worse than the odds on the current gacha system. One of the sticked threads in the Reddit FAQ is someone who did the math that I'm just too drat lazy to do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GundamBattle/comments/d059lj/the_odds_of_a_banner_piece_and_completing_suits/

I didn't verify his work, but you're looking at something close to $870 if you take his conservative estimate of 80 10x pulls to complete a suit. If you take the raw without accounting for Recycling, you're over $1k.

I could be wrong, of course. Bandai could literally slap $1.5k direct buy digital Gundam into this game, and make us all wonder why we didn't just buy metal build Nu Gundam with the Fin Funnels.

edit: loving hell, making this post made my realize that realistic estimates make metal structure Nu Gundam look like a sane purchase. :psyduck:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The rates in this game, like all bandai games, are abysmal for sure. I think the screenshot posted on Reddit was at like 1,500 yen for the sandrock? I don't know if that was for the whole kit or a single part though. Or what levels it came at or anything.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

They key is tjj in not really stress about specific parts. Look at it this way, if you do a 10 draw you have a 100% chance of getting 10 pieces :shepicide:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I'm not sure you hugely need specific parts. Just with the free money I've got a lineup of suits that are pretty decent?

Heck for a lot of parts you don't want your suit to be all from the same mech. For example locking all the Gundam Artemis parts gives to too many Protag word tags.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I'm not sure you hugely need specific parts. Just with the free money I've got a lineup of suits that are pretty decent?

Heck for a lot of parts you don't want your suit to be all from the same mech. For example locking all the Gundam Artemis parts gives to too many Protag word tags.

Yeah but like. What if you're a fan of the nu gundam, and now you won't be able to get the cool nu gundam paint scheme and stuff because you never managed to roll all the nu gundam parts, let alone have a set of your favorite gundam; stats be damned.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
It would also be nice if I could roll some loving shields. Why are these so drat hard to get?

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
This new event is kind of annoying because Char is a dumbass on auto and just lets himself be dunked on by the Gusion's big ol hammer.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Solkanar512 posted:

It would also be nice if I could roll some loving shields. Why are these so drat hard to get?

Oh it's not just me, good. I have FOUR 3*+ shields. And two of 'em are the same and I'm glad I didn't know about the same-part upgrade thing at the time.
On the other hand I have a million heads.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I have 4 different Purple Shields now, but no gun or pilot.

Edit: And another one!

Zushio fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 11, 2019

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I have a 4* (now 5*) pilot. I still use Harry Ord and am gonna beef him up to 5* when I get one more pink AI circuit.

UNIVAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Harry is my main pilot, I only ever swap him if I need to shift over my attribute.

This event is gonna be rough to grab all the stuff from the shop for me since I am stuck at 2x. To max out the parts it is somewhere between 350 and 420 coins, the 100 coin paint and then 350 of decals.

At least there isnt a pilot this time, that's usually 600 to max it alone.

Not worried about the upgrade items as I'm already sitting on six of each.

Edit: Clay Bazooka is amazing, my best weapon for sure now. It will stagger units out if EX moves no problem. Kind of wish I had a couple more.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 11, 2019

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I have pretty much garbage for shields too. Except Jegan shields. I can't get enough of those fuckers. Sure, the stats are mediocre, but the magazine missile hits like a truck and the Mid-Range word tag works with pretty much every shooty suit I make.

Nuebot posted:

Yeah but like. What if you're a fan of the nu gundam, and now you won't be able to get the cool nu gundam paint scheme and stuff because you never managed to roll all the nu gundam parts, let alone have a set of your favorite gundam; stats be damned.

This. I wanted at least a Qubeley butt, and if Kshatrya ends up being a gacha exclusive, I'll be super disappointed because yes I do in fact want to collect a full set of my favorite suits. That doesn't mean I won't make ala carte suits (I love my mashup of Exia, Barbatos, Gundam, and Talgeese parts), but there are some mechs I just want because I like them.

But like I said, I should probably just go buy the plammo at that point.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I have a MG Turn-A, a MG F91 and PG RX-78-2 sitting in my closet.

For... close to a decade. I keep putting them off, and now I'm so out of practice I'd like to get a few HG and maybe an RG (which didn't exist when I stopped building) to practice on and brush up on some techniques. Want these to look as good as possible but don't want to have to do painting as it's a huge pain in the rear end/expensive. Obviously the Turn-A will be set for cow carrying mode.

Unrelatedly, the new EX event is brutal, I can barely scratch that thing. Guess I'll need to Awaken the Blues I'm still using, was trying to avoid spending too much capital as I'm a little low lately (only 3.5 million).

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Zushio posted:

I have a MG Turn-A, a MG F91 and PG RX-78-2 sitting in my closet.

For... close to a decade. I keep putting them off, and now I'm so out of practice I'd like to get a few HG and maybe an RG (which didn't exist when I stopped building) to practice on and brush up on some techniques. Want these to look as good as possible but don't want to have to do painting as it's a huge pain in the rear end/expensive. Obviously the Turn-A will be set for cow carrying mode.

Unrelatedly, the new EX event is brutal, I can barely scratch that thing. Guess I'll need to Awaken the Blues I'm still using, was trying to avoid spending too much capital as I'm a little low lately (only 3.5 million).

Don’t worry about the MGs. They’re only “more difficult” in the sense that they’re more detailed and have more steps/runners/etc. The increased scale works in your favor as well. I would say that RGs are more difficult to build but my second gunpla was an RG and it’s great.

You might need some practice applying dry transfers but just have fun with them and if you feel like you’re in over your head go to the gunpla thread and we can help out.

Also, complaining got me not one but two of the featured 4* shields so I hope the same happens for the rest of you.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 12, 2019

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I'm not too worried, my actual building skills are probably fine. I was just getting in to learning sanding,filling seams and doing topcoat (matte all the way, almost impossible to find Mr. Topcoat here). I was already okay at panel lining, as it isn't hard. I want to do all those steps to these, as they are my favorites.

Oddly, all of my other kits, which are all HG or No Grade, only had stickers. I actually didn't realize there were also rub on and water slide decals to deal with in a MG or higher. I've never done those so I'll need to look up some tutorials.

Also I love that the Turn-A, as the 100th MG, has absolutely no polycaps. The articulation is still good too. Once I move I think some Gunpla will be my "I'm poor now" entertainment.

Edit: Gunpla thread is where? I assume somewhere in DIY?

Zushio fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 12, 2019

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

I have a 4* (now 5*) pilot. I still use Harry Ord and am gonna beef him up to 5* when I get one more pink AI circuit.

UNIVAAAAAAAAAAAAS

I use Harry and Treize. This game's absolute love of the Defender AI is awful though, it's so bad and barely functional.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Zushio posted:

I'm not too worried, my actual building skills are probably fine. I was just getting in to learning sanding,filling seams and doing topcoat (matte all the way, almost impossible to find Mr. Topcoat here). I was already okay at panel lining, as it isn't hard. I want to do all those steps to these, as they are my favorites.

Oddly, all of my other kits, which are all HG or No Grade, only had stickers. I actually didn't realize there were also rub on and water slide decals to deal with in a MG or higher. I've never done those so I'll need to look up some tutorials.

Also I love that the Turn-A, as the 100th MG, has absolutely no polycaps. The articulation is still good too. Once I move I think some Gunpla will be my "I'm poor now" entertainment.

Edit: Gunpla thread is where? I assume somewhere in DIY?

Right here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195&perpage=40&pagenumber=711

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Didn't realize I had such luck with pilots. My crew is Lowe, Amuro(5*), and Char.

I'm also very light on shields, only have one 4*. I shouldn't complain since I feel like I've gotten a lot of purples. I just wish so many of them weren't from SEED.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Solkanar512 posted:

Also, complaining got me not one but two of the featured 4* shields so I hope the same happens for the rest of you.

I mean, I need some Red Frame legs like yesterday to finish my melee build, but I bet this thing won't cough up the goods because I'm not an actual drat gambling addict that this game is targeted for.

edit: Palace Athene shield. :mad:

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Haha gently caress I just did an arena against an SS who was so defensively oriented that it wasn't doing poo poo to me even though I could barely keep a shield up (sidebar: I don't know if this is just a problem with my phone or if this is a thing, but even as a defender I sometimes have to hammer on the shield button like 5 times before it gives me anything longer than a microsecond- and this isn't just while I'm being attacked) and so I easily held out til I could press Trans Am Raid AKA Insta-Kill Mode and got halfway through typing up a Facebook comment before I realized I'd only taken the fucker down to half damage!

And cause he was so offensively poo poo, I was still alive, and killed him with my other power move.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Haha gently caress I just did an arena against an SS who was so defensively oriented that it wasn't doing poo poo to me even though I could barely keep a shield up (sidebar: I don't know if this is just a problem with my phone or if this is a thing, but even as a defender I sometimes have to hammer on the shield button like 5 times before it gives me anything longer than a microsecond- and this isn't just while I'm being attacked) and so I easily held out til I could press Trans Am Raid AKA Insta-Kill Mode and got halfway through typing up a Facebook comment before I realized I'd only taken the fucker down to half damage!

And cause he was so offensively poo poo, I was still alive, and killed him with my other power move.

That's a pretty funny gimmick TBH

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

What was their setup? Because this sounds suspiciously like my suit's AI which just turtles forever and never uses its gun which does lots of damage.

In other news, I just now realized the power of EX skills! I have a shield with missiles. Those missiles one or two shot guys way, way higher CP than me. I'm coasting through SS rank.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’m pretty sure it’s Zundam Battle.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Got really unlucky this event and never got a multiplier piece, so I’m about to be behind one pink tune up part :smith:

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

okay so the Challenge from Ono seems... like legitimately impossible.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The two things I noticed so far is that they are listed in reverse difficult for some reason, with the bottom one seemingly being the easiest. The second is you basically have to stay the gently caress away from them and hope you can pick a great reserve guy to help. If you’ve got the Tallgeese arms or the Wing Buster Rifle, something that has that kind of big charged shot, run with it.

Cause at 500 Harobux per win, and only 5 EN per try, I’m gonna do them all. Once I maxed out my three best guys as well as I could, I beat the second pair without massive difficulty.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Well, I just noticed they will be available for like 10 years according to the announcement.

Maybe should have held off on dumping all the Awakening items on my backup units. Guess it's not a huge deal, but I really need the make money Daily back up soon. Gonna drop a boatload of skip tickets on it.

Upgrading will probably pay off for the 3v3 arena, but my squad cost is right on the line again. What's max at LV 100? I just hit 76.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Finished all of them last night, was actually pretty fun. Love that they're only 5 en each.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

That patch announcement mentions Blueprints. I'm not holding out hope that this'll be what I want, but maybe, just maybe, it'll give me a way to build and collect the gacha suits I am looking for.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Zushio posted:

Well, I just noticed they will be available for like 10 years according to the announcement.

Maybe should have held off on dumping all the Awakening items on my backup units. Guess it's not a huge deal, but I really need the make money Daily back up soon. Gonna drop a boatload of skip tickets on it.

Upgrading will probably pay off for the 3v3 arena, but my squad cost is right on the line again. What's max at LV 100? I just hit 76.

Level 100 squad cost is 2400

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Why the poo poo is upgrading so expensive. I'm already eating up one kind of resource to do it, and now I'm cash-poor to boot!
Now that I think about it, "cash" in this game is fuckin' stupid when there's already Harobux, EN, Nippers (and the AI equivalent), Chips, and Platinum/Arena/Event coins. Christ.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Nice, managed to get the first two. I missed the first Scenario day too, which means I'm short 30 haro bux. I was on a perfect streak so far!

Edit: Oh, I thought using a skip ticket gave you the Haro Bux again. Would have just ran the mission normally then.

Edit Edit: Just got a Code Phi melee weapon.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 24, 2019

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

They just updated a ton of stuff, new story missions and inner frame gear. I’ll update the OP as soon as I make a write up.

Oh poo poo! The new blueprint system actually gives us a use for all the 1* friend points pulls! Really glad I just hoarded all my FP.

Null of Undefined fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 27, 2019

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Null of Undefined posted:

They just updated a ton of stuff, new story missions and inner frame gear. I’ll update the OP as soon as I make a write up.

Oh poo poo! The new blueprint system actually gives us a use for all the 1* friend points pulls! Really glad I just hoarded all my FP.

Yes and now it is grindy hell that has never grinded before. To get a 1000 upgrade requires 10 greens, 325 specific whites and 325 generic whites. To get a 1500? Multiply that times 5 and sacrifice 10 blues as well enjoy your herpes. Want your main trio that way? Do it 2 more times. And who knows what the other 4-5 currently locked upgrade slots are going to require.

I appreciate a reason to hoard whites and the 65k or so fps I had but... for loving hell yo.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, I upgraded the shot attack to the 1000 upgrade and I probably burned through 50K friend points to do so. It gives me more reason to keep an eye on the store to buy the 1* parts if I need something like heads or torsos, but just getting to the 500 point upgrade is annoying, then doing it 5 times for the 1000 is a killer for a fairly small bump when my main Gunpla is already mid-70K and most of my other guys are easily 15-20K or above.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I got a +1K Melee attack and a +1K Shot attack and it cost so much to do so (I don't hoard friend points so I was just buying out the capital shop) that I went from over $4M (thanks to $1.5M in event rewards) down to like $1M. I don't think the bonus is worth that poo poo at all.
Also just rolled the dice on Ono again, earned some Harobux and chucked em into the machine cause I want some Freedom Gundam parts... got Beargguy arms, one other pointless blue, and 8 greens. Woof. I'd pay 1500 hb for "you only get one part but it's a random 4*".
Thankful you can level up beyond 100 now, though. I think it was gonna get pretty boring not being able to get those intermittent EN fills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Literally everything wrong in this game is the probability system and it reminds me why I hate gacha so drat much.

I like the Delta Plus, so I'm glad that's going to be an event suit. Event suits tend to be a mixed bag, but you know what you're getting for what you put in.