Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

My teams are underwhelming though. I honestly have been getting pretty lucky this year.

You better win the whole thing so I can say I was beat by the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Wow, Kenyon Drake with 40 pts. on the bench :eyepoop:

Happens to the best of us. :)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Happens to the best of us. :)

It's true it's almost like fantasy football is bullshit

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

It's true it's almost like fantasy football is bullshit

And yet we keep coming back over and over again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wow did my team pull out some bullshit but I'll take it. The streaks continues!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Wow did my team pull out some bullshit but I'll take it. The streaks continues!

Congrats Wandler, you deserve it. Kick some rear end in the Super Bowl!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Nice of my WR1 and WR2 to put up matching 2.90 point performances.

Now all I have to do is hope Latavius Murray, who started the season as Dollar General Mark Ingram and is currently somewhere around Flea Market Marion Barber, outscores teammate Michael loving Thomas by 10 points tomorrow night.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Congrats Wandler, you deserve it. Kick some rear end in the Super Bowl!

Thanks! One more week.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

Nice of my WR1 and WR2 to put up matching 2.90 point performances.

Now all I have to do is hope Latavius Murray, who started the season as Dollar General Mark Ingram and is currently somewhere around Flea Market Marion Barber, outscores teammate Michael loving Thomas by 10 points tomorrow night.

Even when the Saints play like poo poo, Michael Thomas gets 7 catches for 95 yards

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

lol ok I am .68 points ahead and this is literally a Michael Thomas vs Latavius Murray head to head

Think I have maybe a 2-3% chance. Am I selfish enough to wish for a injury to our #1 everything early on?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

lol ok I am .68 points ahead and this is literally a Michael Thomas vs Latavius Murray head to head

Think I have maybe a 2-3% chance. Am I selfish enough to wish for a injury to our #1 everything early on?

Real team over fantasy always. No wishing for injuries. :argh:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

No wishing for meaningful injuries. If someone happens to cramp up or get a stinger that keeps them out of half the game well....

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
prolly gonna lose my other league because I didn't start Matt Ryan against the 9ers and then he goes and puts up respectable numbers.

I know that I'm cursed though. The second I believe in him, he collapses like a souffle

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's a hot race for last place!

I am down 7 points with Jared Cook (fresh off a concussion but also starting) and Will Lutz to go. Yahoo says I'm an 88% favorite, but I've played enough fantasy football to know that points on the board are way more valuable than projected points.

I much closer until the last 5 minutes of that game last night, when that lovely Steelers QB took 2 ugly sacks and threw two picks!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

PostNouveau posted:

It's a hot race for last place!

I am down 7 points with Jared Cook (fresh off a concussion but also starting) and Will Lutz to go. Yahoo says I'm an 88% favorite, but I've played enough fantasy football to know that points on the board are way more valuable than projected points.

I much closer until the last 5 minutes of that game last night, when that lovely Steelers QB took 2 ugly sacks and threw two picks!

So wait, do I want to win or lose? I'm so confused

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

Depends on whether you want to draft fifth or sixth next year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

I believe the loser gets an av, so it depends on how much you want an NFC South fantasy football loser av.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

I believe the loser gets an av, so it depends on how much you want an NFC South fantasy football loser av.

Speaking of which, anyone want to design this?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

wandler20 posted:

If I end up with it, I'll design it.

:getin:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

lol this game is literally alternating Thomas and Murray plays

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

GD_American posted:

lol this game is literally alternating Thomas and Murray plays

Welp i am officially the worst. Time to get ready to settle in for another season or 3 of mediocrity.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Woooo not last

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad we've managed to get down to the two best teams: 2 of the 6 teams that went loving 7-6.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

I'm glad we've managed to get down to the two best teams: 2 of the 6 teams that went loving 7-6.

Seems like a good representation of the NFCS.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
My first time in a fantasy football final, which is exciting!! also pretty amazing considering I was in Thailand and didn't bother with it for two weeks (which I lost).

But you know, can't keep a good man down I guess

PostNouveau posted:

It's called being good when it counts :smuggo:

Although yeah, Mr 12-1 getting taken out by a margin of 6.5 points is like, drat

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

Although yeah, Mr 12-1 getting taken out by a margin of 6.5 points is like, drat

poo poo Fantasy football happens, what can I say? :shrug: Still trying to gun for third place though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I seem to have won the consolation bracket.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I seem to have won the consolation bracket.

uhh....you're 4.4 points behind and need Mike Boone (season stats: 97 rushing yards, 2 receptions, 1 receiving yard) to get you over the top in a do-or-die divisional game

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Boone is starting so he should fall rear end backwards into 10 points minimum.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Boone is starting so he should fall rear end backwards into 10 points minimum.

I've thought that multiple times about star players who turned into loving pumpkins. Notably, Amari Cooper.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

uhh....you're 4.4 points behind and need Mike Boone (season stats: 97 rushing yards, 2 receptions, 1 receiving yard) to get you over the top in a do-or-die divisional game

That’s me. I’m playing you for third place. Chili’s team is Jameis’ loving W and he did win the consolation bracket for the #1 draft pick.

I just need five points from Boone. In another league I need him to score less than 12 to win that Super Bowl so 5 works for me. Go Boone but not too much. :)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Maybe I'm confused about what winning the consolation bracket means. I thought that meant 3rd place?

Also started thinking about keepers next year. Saquon, yes. Matt Ryan, gently caress off. Maybe.....NE DEF? :haw:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Maybe I'm confused about what winning the consolation bracket means. I thought that meant 3rd place?

Also started thinking about keepers next year. Saquon, yes. Matt Ryan, gently caress off. Maybe.....NE DEF? :haw:

No, the consolation bracket is for those who didn’t make the playoffs at all. That’s something that gives those players something to keep playing for (draft positions for next year) instead of money/championships.

My two keepers are probably Lamar and CMC. Ekeler would be a third possibility.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Had a few ideas and some tired memes to go with it. You might also consider adding the NFCS gang tag if you use one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

I'm up like 70 points on AB's Helmet. I'm in the consolation bracket.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, it's this one

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

I got 4.3. Congratulations on the win. 😁

Also, congratulations to Play for your championship! I hand the championship belt to you. Treat it well.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I realize now I should have kept Michael Thomas

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'll figure out the payments and post season stuff after Christmas. It was a fun successful year, thanks for playing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Congrats to the champion. SHIVA KOMENISOMARKANDARKRAMMMMMM