Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Please don't make fun of people's pain.

I'm sorry grandpa for not asking you more about your WW2 service where you just spent years cruising around the Carribean in merchant ships. You probably had some cool stories about prostitutes and bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Edit:

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Aug 8, 2019

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
sorry Greoge washington for not saluting the flag flying on that H3 i passed on the freeway, it wont happen again i swear!!

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Hey, gay forums...

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Excellent thread.

Grandma, I'm sorry I didn't visit you more often in the year you passed away.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
gently caress off ghost

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

rip

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I wish I tried to stay in contact with my brother in the last few years preceding his death. He was a hosed up little troll but :shrug:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

To my paternal grandparents: gently caress you. What kind of pieces of poo poo doesn't want anything to do with their grandkids?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
begone, ye foul ghosts! ye ghouls, ye goblins! be ye banished forevermore to the land of fire and ashes!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Why won't you stop haunting me? You're dead and buried, I threw the dirt down MYSELF and yet every night you walk through my manor. Each morning I find your favorite book placed upon your favorite chair, as though you were alive and spent the night reading it.

My days are filled with melancholy as I write sweet poems to you, my dear departed. And each night is vision of terror as I wait for the day you decide to enter our bedroom and creep into bed with me. Would I welcome the sweet release of madness that would surely accompany this? I suppose I would, at this point in my dreary existence.

Foul spirit! Mockery of my dead beloved!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

To my my grandma, who was so proud to be 100% Irish, raised on the southside of Milwaukee during tough years:
I was just thinking about you the other day.
There's a story from when just after her and my grandpa got married and got their own place, I don't know if it was where my mom was born and raised or not, I don't think so, but, anyway. She and grandpa had some people over for dinner, and over dinner during some loud conversation over some news and political stuff, my grandpa's brother (so, her new brother-in-law) said something to the effect of "well you know them drat n-" to someone else in passing. This was probably the late forties or so, all white company. It wasn't a polite thing to say, but, you could imagine that it wouldn't be ENTIRELY unexpected to hear given the time, the place, the topics, etc. Well, she gets up, small, Irish lady. Grabs this big Polish guy by the shirt collar and says "You get the HELL out of MY house, and don't you EVER come back." And walked him right out the front door by it.
See what he didn't know was, despite being a nice white girl from Milwaukee, my grandma's dad basically rode the rails from Milwaukee to Chicago (and beyond) doing odd jobs during the depression and was never home (he was a bum), and her mom was just sort of 'there'. When her mom wasn't there, my grandma was taken care of by a wonderful African American woman and her family for a good long time as a little girl. And she didn't have time for THAT bullshit.
Took probably 20+ years to get him back in her good graces, I think, from what's told.

To her husband, my grandpa,
Thank you for teaching me how to golf, how to score baseball, how to bowl, how to split wood, why you were such a strict Catholic (even though your first daughter was conceived out of wedlock you SLY FOX), why it's important to respect other cultures ("When we were kids, if we spoke Polish at home, dad beat us, so I don't remember none" ...yeah), the stories you wouldn't tell about the Navy, and..a lot more.

I miss you both very much.

Well. That's my serious post for the thread. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Hey grandma we found your recipe book and they aren't great.