Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

From what I've read, there was a shortage of TNG era uniforms at the time of filming. Most likely though, they used the sets and uniforms from Voyager because they were around and could be used for next to nothing. Consistency probably got thrown out of the window when the subject of the budget came up.

The same thing happened during the filming of Star Trek: Generations. The main cast conspicuously swaps back and forth between the TNG and DS9/VOY uniforms depending on the scene being shot at the moment and using literally whatever they could grab. See: Jonathan Frakes wearing a Voyager uniform that's about 2 sizes too small for him for the entire second act of the film because Riker's TNG uniform wasn't available.

Personally speaking, I really dislike the Voyager uniforms. DS9 was right to ditch them and switch to the First Contact ones as soon as they could, and honestly, Voyager should have too as soon as they got back in contact with Starfleet again. Just like bullshit some excuse like "Oh hey, Starfleet sent specifications for the new uniforms in their latest transmission so we've replicated replacements for everyone"... but Voyager was an exercise in being cheap and lazy, so :effort:

Kick Q in the dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

My favorite part is all the chairs with casters. Given what might happen to a ship's contents if inertial damping or artificial gravity fails, having a bridge full of wheely seats seems like a mildly terrible idea...

Also I love how this game finally explains why consoles explode all the time: what do you expect when you run main power taps through them all?

They're literally swivel chairs from Staples or Office Depot. At least on Voyager itself they got proper stationary chairs for their non-hero Starfleet bridge sets like the Prometheus and the Equinox. Hell, even the Dauntless at least used barely disguised bar stools for its bridge chairs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Snorb posted:

And that's how you get dragged into an adventure with style!

Seconding kick Q in the crotch, though I think punching him in the face is also an acceptable solution to that, uh, "puzzle."

I do appreciate that as much as Q trolls you over the course of the game, he's always on your side when push comes to shove. TNG painted Q as humanity's judge, but really he's humanity's rear end in a top hat defense attorney :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mateo360 posted:

I if am remembering correctly, The computer core is usually a low maned area if it needs any manning at all. The problem with it here is they redressed Voyager's Engineering set and then decided to populate the stations and chairs.

I'm pretty sure they featured the computer core in at least one episode of TNG and/or Voyager and it was basically just a big closet that no one was meant to be in except for maintenance purposes. Computer cores on Federation starships are supposed to be powerful and smart enough to usually be able to maintain themselves without being a full-blown self-aware AI like Data, the Doctor, Moriarty, or Vic Fontaine.

Although Q briefly makes Voyager's main computer sentient as a joke and it immediately tells Janeway to go gently caress herself, which was just :discourse:, and Geordi almost accidentally made the Enterprise-D's main computer sentient too and gave it a body in the form of Leah Brahms.

But yeah, like I'd imagine there'd be at last one Lower Decks type officer hovering nearby the core who basically acted as the ship's internal systems administrator or server maintenance tech.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Snorb posted:

Once again, quoting probably my favorite line in the game. In a way, I wish there were more FMV Trek games-- these two were awesome just for Robert O'Reilly and John deLancie's performances.

It's not a game, but if you get the chance I'd highly recommend listening to Spock vs. Q and Spock vs. Q: The Sequel. It is exactly what it says on the tin; Leonard Nimoy and John de Lancie being absolutely hilarious dunking on one another in-character in front of a live audience.

For example:

quote:

Spock: What if we were to engage in a sport?
Q: What's in it for moi?
Spock: What would you like?
Q: Teach me that mind meld trick.
Spock: Ah, you are unable to do that... what a pity.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I love how Q retains some knowledge of what happens between loops and it just makes him seem like an even bigger rear end in a top hat than before.

Qaylan: [Hyposprays Targus into a vegetative state]
Q: You should have just shot her.
Qaylan: [Shoots Targus]
Q: WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!

You told me to, rear end in a top hat!