Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
My lady and I keep eyeing pop up trailers. We've been going through RVTrader, local Facebook market crap. Reading blogs and watching YouTube vids. Trying to find out how to tell if a used one is a shined turd that will somehow explode an hour into being at a National Park.

Any brand names to strictly avoid or sellers? Campers world has a bad rep right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Tiny Chalupa posted:

My lady and I keep eyeing pop up trailers. We've been going through RVTrader, local Facebook market crap. Reading blogs and watching YouTube vids. Trying to find out how to tell if a used one is a shined turd that will somehow explode an hour into being at a National Park.

Any brand names to strictly avoid or sellers? Campers world has a bad rep right?

Campers World is just fine, it's a national chain. For a used pop-up, you'll probably have more luck with a private seller, as they are just too cheap to justify a dealer caring about it (conversely, you may get a dealer that took one as a trade in and just wants to get it off the lot). The nice thing about pop ups is that there's not a whole lot that can go wrong, short of the floor being rotten, sneaky water damage, or the canvas being terrible.That can all be checked by just setting it up and not letting it air out too long. Persistent moldy smells are a bad sign. Don't buy one that's been smoked in, the smell will never get out of the canvas, and it's probably covering up diagnostic smells of your trailer rotting.

What are you looking for? What kind of budget? Pop ups can be had from 1k to 20k.

As far as exploding, just get the propane lines checked and invest in a new bottle.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 5, 2020

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Suspect Bucket posted:

Campers World is just fine, it's a national chain. For a used pop-up, you'll probably have more luck with a private seller, as they are just too cheap to justify a dealer caring about it (conversely, you may get a dealer that took one as a trade in and just wants to get it off the lot). The nice thing about pop ups is that there's not a whole lot that can go wrong, short of the floor being rotten, sneaky water damage, or the canvas being terrible.That can all be checked by just setting it up and not letting it air out too long. Persistent moldy smells are a bad sign. Don't buy one that's been smoked in, the smell will never get out of the canvas, and it's probably covering up diagnostic smells of your trailer rotting.

What are you looking for? What kind of budget? Pop ups can be had from 1k to 20k.

As far as exploding, just get the propane lines checked and invest in a new bottle.

Great tips, thank you. I've been reading everything on pop ups that I can find from "buying tips" to "know what to look for" and "why own a pop up"
We don't need a giant one, most seem to all fit 4+ people anyways, and we are hoping to stay under 5k. We are in Utah with parks a plenty + Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado are all doable over a 3 day weekend. We do that sorts thing often.

Yeah, if we have propane I'll get that checked out. Really I'm not overly picky. I feel we will like need something that can plug in some sort of heater and/or AC as the weather is so temperamental around here
I've tried to find some more suited to good space for 2 people, our kids aren't likely to do this with us, but most geared toward that don't seem to e used and are 15k+
That's ridiculous. At that range I might as well get a trailer I can tow

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Our first camping trip was our in-laws' soft side pop-up. I didn't really care for it, but to each their own. If I was going to buy one, I would get one of the hard side ones.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Tiny Chalupa posted:

. I feel we will like need something that can plug in some sort of heater and/or AC as the weather is so temperamental around here
I've tried to find some more suited to good space for 2 people, our kids aren't likely to do this with us, but most geared toward that don't seem to e used and are 15k+

Most popups will come with a heater, some with an AC as well. The heater is propane, the AC is a plug in electric. If by some chance you can't get one with heat, the Little Buddy, Buddy, and Big Buddy heaters are well regarded for their safety and heat output. Lots of campers swear by the Little Buddy.

Nothing wrong with having more space. Don't stress about the two beds thing, it's always good to have the other bed to lay out or hang clothes on, as well as just extra space. One of those beds is also usually smaller, so take the big bed and use the small bed as overflow storage.

If you're desperate to keep any possibility of visitors out, here's a 2013 Livin Light Quicksilver. https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2013-Livin--Lite-QUICKSILVER-6.0-5011532115. It's got an AC, no heater I can see, no water or kitchen facilities.

Otherwise, I'd go for something like this 2010 Palamino. Heater but no AC, full kitchen, loads of space at a low weight. https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2010-Forest-River-Rv-Rockwood-Freedom-LTD-Series-1940LTD-5011624814. You can add an aftermarket roof AC unit if fans and swamp coolers can't cut it. https://www.campingworld.com/coleman-mach-3-plus-air-conditioner-630163.html

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 7, 2020

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
So with all the recent insanity goin' on and being stuck at home with not enough problems to solve I've gone out and bought a project.

big old honkin' truck camper.
Aluminum frame
Insulated as all hell
babbies first genny
dry bath + shower

new roof in 2015. Full manuals, blueprints, service documentation, etc.
It was allowed to get really wet with the old roof, there's a couple areas that need some refinishing, being aluminum, nothing is soft or structurally unsound.
Gonna fix it up during the shelter in place rules, update it, and go see what's around

Truck of course gives no fucks that it's back there.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

cursedshitbox posted:

So with all the recent insanity goin' on and being stuck at home with not enough problems to solve I've gone out and bought a project.

big old honkin' truck camper.
Aluminum frame
Insulated as all hell
babbies first genny
dry bath + shower

new roof in 2015. Full manuals, blueprints, service documentation, etc.
It was allowed to get really wet with the old roof, there's a couple areas that need some refinishing, being aluminum, nothing is soft or structurally unsound.
Gonna fix it up during the shelter in place rules, update it, and go see what's around

Truck of course gives no fucks that it's back there.

That oowwwnnnnss boonneeessss. A proper beast. Hopefully the wet spots won't give you too many surprises. Kilz and bleach and best of luck! Post more pics.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried
So after a couple of weeks of being ill (pretty sure it was covid19, don't recommend it) I'm finally making some progress. Stripped out all the shelves, ply and the floor from the van and cleaned everything up. Absolutely poo poo job but at least it's done.

Next jobs are:

1) new insulated floor
2) solar panels and roof light fitted
3) insulate and clad walls and roof

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Blacknose posted:

What are you planning for Wattage and power conversion?

Suspect Bucket posted:

That oowwwnnnnss boonneeessss. A proper beast. Hopefully the wet spots won't give you too many surprises. Kilz and bleach and best of luck! Post more pics.

1. Killz is the poo poo! It's our friend.
2. Frame is aluminum, so the soggy stuff isn't as bad as it could be.
3. Firehose of project progress: https://imgur.com/a/IItauhv

Pic dump commencing.
If you guys don't mind, I'll firehose the project in here too, and try to give as pointers and details on how to deal with old camper things.

As it was purchased:

The cabinet next to the door had been super soggy. walls and floor were crispy. It's the first project. Strip it down to the frame/insulation. This uses standard styrofoam insulation. The last luan layer is glued to it. There's no removing it. Make sure it's dry. Paint it with killz. Later on the new luan/plywood layer will be epoxied to this.

Bunk cabinets, bed, strom window and trim stripped. This is an upcoming project after the cabinet is completed. A new 1/4" sheet will go towards the front as its obviously perished. The sheet closer to the camera is fine and can be reused. During a water test the front cap was leaking at the EDPM to front cap seal. This will be fixed with our best friend, Eternabond. I'm going to reseal the window too.

Pulled the gross jackknife sofa out. It's not going back in. the luan behind it has perished, and into the fridge wall and does include the area behind the fridge. The 3/4" deck below the sofa is solid.

EDPM roof and the walls scrubbed. also a good test for leaks. The front cap and kitchen window leak.

Some parts of the cabinet will have to be repaired, which is done with liquid nails and sheets of 1/8" plywood. Clamp in place, let cure overnight.

Primer and kills everything.

First coat of color

Order 60' of window seals. The windows on this coach are held in with urethane to the metal frame. The rubber acts as a secondary line of defense against water intrusion.
Reverse view window at the base of the door

Dinette window. I used to do coach windows back in the day, it's a tedious but not hard project. Get the seals hot and wet. Line the inner lip up with the frame and wiggle it in with your thumb. A video is probably needed to describe this process...

This is the leaky kitchen window. Naturally the PO used silicone to try and seal a urethane bonded piece of glass. The frame will come out and it'll get fixed on the bench. While the frames are out, the filon walls can be pressed back into shape with epoxy.

TV Antenna removed, Roof caps and vents Eternabonded. Fridge vent and access hatch installed. Its approaching water tight! The fridge access hatch surround will be replaced later. There's a way to bring yellowed plastics back using hydrogen peroxide and UV exposure though that's not gonna be done with this.

plywood cabinet trim repairs:

Alright so power.
Planning for 3/600W of solar going to a 3kW Victron inverter running on two Victron LiFePO4 batteries. The Victron batteries speak canbus, and can chat with the inverter using Victron's VE.bus BMS . It'll relay cell voltages and temperatures which is very important for the chemistry.
This will also handle short protection using their BP|100 batteryprotect current monitor that also speaks VE bus.
The 2.5kW LP onan generator stays for the time being as an emergency backup power solution.
LiFePO4 and lead acid's discharge rates are different, a BMS is required between the trucks' starter batteries and the coach's power batteries. WIthout thisthe LiFePO4 set will try to overdraw the truck batteries.
While on shore power, boondocking, or with the generator, our Chevrolet Volt can be charged off this entire system using L1. The Volt can not backfeed the system for additional capacity.
We can build interfaces that monitor all of this tech.

Here's a graphic I drew up to try and explain everything visually. The bms/short protection is integrated with the inverter in this drawing.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

What are you planning for Wattage and power conversion?

3 x 100w panels into an MPPT controller feeding a 220aH AGM battery, with a split charge relay as a backup and no mains hookup.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I know you have a lot on your plate, but now I desperately want to see someone RetroBrite a refrigerator now.

Are you going to keep the table, or do a smaller format one? I love the layout, and the truck's a beautiful beast. Good call on keeping the Onan, especially since it doesn't look like weight savings will be an issue here. Speaking of which, what is the weight of an aluminum frame camper vs wood?

So the Rona's scuttled our road trip plans for the next few months. We were hoping to head up to Burlington VT and Montreal for a fun week. Hopefully once this all passes we still have enough summer left to comfortably explore the north.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Blacknose posted:

3 x 100w panels into an MPPT controller feeding a 220aH AGM battery, with a split charge relay as a backup and no mains hookup.

That's a pretty good setup for vanning it. 300W shouldn't be any problem for boondocking.

The fridge I might reskin with some ferrous metal. Otherwise it'll get replaced for a chest type 12v yacht style job.

Table stays, Husband and I both work remote, so it'll be handy. the little island it sits on we've been talking about cutting down as we both trip on it often. I do kinda wish it had a wetbath over a dry one, eh whatever.
The truck build is here

Weights and capacities as follows:

cursedshitbox posted:

Payload stuff...
4 pack + overload + factory helper spring. Front is a 2 pack. Both front and rear are 3" wide springs. Pack rating is 6820 rear. 4410 front. tire rating is 7050/axle Sterling Visteon junker rearend is rated for 9750, and a D60 front is 6500 respectively.
Upfitter never fixed the gvwr ratings, so hubby and I with a tent on the back is about at the gvwr. Sounds about right for a ford diesel with vacuum brakes. That was fixed.
Using the rear axle + tire rating I'm good to play with about 4200lb. Staying within the spring limits is 3960. The camper in that picture is about 3400lb with the shitters full, gray tank, fresh water, LP, and batteries. Dry is 2900. That's going to get significantly altered as we tear poo poo out and replace it. There's a scale nearby so I'll be scaling it when it's done.

As for wood vs aluminum, I think there's tradeoffs that about equal it out. Lance stuck to wood longer than anybody else and they're significantly lighter. less insulation, lighter/fewer appliances and amenities, etc. Typically aluminum frames come with the higher end campers which are going to be heavier. Bigfoot is a great alternative to this. They use wood on a boat-hull like construction. Also heavy as a moon. Slides turn these things into planetary bodies worth of mass they get so heavy. To have a slide meant sticking to a 8 or 9' floor length. This coach is 11'8" and about the largest I'd be comfortable throwing on this truck with cargo. There was a Lance 1161 that has an awesome floorplan, but a hair too heavy for the 37's ratings.

I'd use aluminum vs wood for the argument of strength and resilience to the elements. In the TC category I was primarily looking at Arctic Fox (aluminum) and Bigfoots(wood).

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

That's a pretty good setup for vanning it. 300W shouldn't be any problem for boondocking.

I feel like I could have easily gotten away with 200W and a slightly smaller battery but we don't get vast amounts of sun in the UK and the rest of northern Europe so thought I may as well go big.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Blacknose posted:

So after a couple of weeks of being ill (pretty sure it was covid19, don't recommend it) I'm finally making some progress. Stripped out all the shelves, ply and the floor from the van and cleaned everything up. Absolutely poo poo job but at least it's done.

Next jobs are:

1) new insulated floor
3) insulate and clad walls and roof

Do you have an idea of how you want to do the layout? Good that you have a nice blank canvas now.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

I have a rough idea but I haven't got any cad drawings. I'll scribble something out.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Hi RV thread!
I'm currently doing a van/overlander conversion which I am intending to complete during lockdown!

Ive got a Project thread over here in AI

Blacknose posted:

Having a mains hookup is really handy. Don't worry about doing a full RV style one that will run everything but just get one in to run essentials and charge batteries.
I have a mains hookup that runs a single socket inside the van, a socket next to my fridge and a 4 way extension next to my batteries with some trickle chargers attached to both leisure and main batteries which is very handy for winter.
You are only looking at £15 for a hookup socket, £20 for a 2 way consumer unit and I cannibalised an outdoor rated extension lead for the wiring!

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

poo poo those 101s are sweet rigs!

I'm not too worried about hookup. If it becomes an issue I'll add one later, same with an inverter. My power needs should be relatively minimal - I was taking stock of what I actually use in any given day and it's basically phone, maybe a bit of laptop (which will need a 12v adapter), lighting and a fridge. Fridge is going to be a 12v compressor so no issues there. All the relevant wiring will be accessible enough to later additions will be no bother.

Trickle charging over winter is a non issue because the logistics at my house just don't work for it. I'll be relying on solar and driving it to keep the battery alive in winter.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Tomarse posted:

Hi RV thread!
I'm currently doing a van/overlander conversion which I am intending to complete during lockdown!

Ive got a Project thread over here in AI

Using that lockdown to good effect! What a beaut.

In other news

Tuk tuk rv

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Dad Bucket spotted this absolute cutie in the wild.

Now I'm chiding him for buying lumber during a pandemic. DADDY NO.

edit: NM he's forgiven

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 28, 2020

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Cabinet ceiling back on

Bunk stripped, cleaned up, window frame fixed:

And first sheet laid down.

Awning removed to repair its mounting system and the wall.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

I decided to just make a project thread for my build rather than hammering this thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920377

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Started in earnest on my first camper import now that I own 5 (I think) between here and Japan. The awning is a Fiamma says made in Italy and I am beyond pleased with the quality and the condition of it. First deployment. Love it.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Those fiamma awnings are basically standard issue for all motorhomes in Europe. They're really good.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
An awning is the most overlooked part of an RV. A good awning with a screen doubles your living space and protects you from insects. Have a fan for summer, and it's heaven in anything up to the hottest most humid weather.

The pandemic has pretty much ruined my plans for a wedding or a camper this year. I was kinda hoping to rent a van from https://www.escapecampervans.com/ for a summer trip, but that's not looking likely. They don't allow you to bring a dog july-september, and the Fiancès very busy with WFH. We're going to invest in a decent 4 man tent and try to take a week or two to explore the interior North East.

Maybe we can swing renting a pop-up or mini trailer though...

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 10, 2020

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Blacknose posted:

Those fiamma awnings are basically standard issue for all motorhomes in Europe. They're really good.

Could I ask you if you know any about them? From pics it looks like I have one on a recent hisce I bought in Japan and I may have one on 2 others. Babby’s First awnings. This was super easy to deploy and put back up. But I only extended it as far as you see because the color on the awning material stopped and the rest was white. It was capable of going farther. Any idea if that length looks correct or normal?

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

That looks about right but honestly I'm no expert. Fiamma have a pretty good web presence and tons of people have probably discussed them on euro camper forums etc.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The white is the tag end, you generally don't want to extend it past that. The length you have in the picture looks good.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Thanks! I am beyond happy with the build quality and to extend it and there be no mold or tears after not being out for who knows how many years I was very, very surprised and relieved.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Suspect Bucket posted:

An awning is the most overlooked part of an RV. A good awning with a screen doubles your living space and protects you from insects. Have a fan for summer, and it's heaven in anything up to the hottest most humid weather.

The pandemic has pretty much ruined my plans for a wedding or a camper this year. I was kinda hoping to rent a van from https://www.escapecampervans.com/ for a summer trip, but that's not looking likely. They don't allow you to bring a dog july-september, and the Fiancès very busy with WFH. We're going to invest in a decent 4 man tent and try to take a week or two to explore the interior North East.

Maybe we can swing renting a pop-up or mini trailer though...

Depending on your local market it might make sense to buy a used popup or camper and sell it on when you're done. It looks like a couple grand to rent one of their vans for 2 weeks. If you buy a camper or pop up and use it for two weeks, it will probably be worth whatever you paid for it at the end.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

therobit posted:

Depending on your local market it might make sense to buy a used popup or camper and sell it on when you're done. It looks like a couple grand to rent one of their vans for 2 weeks. If you buy a camper or pop up and use it for two weeks, it will probably be worth whatever you paid for it at the end.

That might work if I had anywhere to store an unsold rv. I live in an apartment. I also don't want to deal with all that. I have disposable income for an easy solution since MY WEDDING IS CANCLED (boo sociatal excuse for cool party gone, yay money)

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Slim Potatohead just discovered the wonder of awnings with his new rig. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdJaogiVZ20&t=540s

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Forgotten about him YouTube’s also is so stupid. Recommends me the same things over and over and I use to watch a lot of his videos and completely forgot he existed.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

everdave posted:

Forgotten about him YouTube’s also is so stupid. Recommends me the same things over and over and I use to watch a lot of his videos and completely forgot he existed.

He's a lovely dude. His new camper is so cute. Smash that subscribe and bell icon!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
What did potato head get? Last I saw he had that A shaped one.

Questions: is this something common I can replace, hopefully just the top
Cover part? It is brittle and cracked from the sun, Japanese hi Ace. Top part hinges lid is 14.5 width bottom whole assembly is 16.5”. Working exhaust fan installed underneath over bathroom area. I just taped over tonight bc rain is coming it has been in plenty of rain this way and has a drain in the floor so haven’t noticed til I got on top

Also thoughts on how hard it would be to vinyl wrap this roof? Ordered a 5ft x 10ft vinyl wrap off eBay

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
you might be able to replace just the lid. See if you can take it apart.

In the US market they're a standardized 14"x14" hole.

I replaced both the fans on my camper, you're welcome to any of the old stuff if it works for you, just cover the ride.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

you might be able to replace just the lid. See if you can take it apart.

In the US market they're a standardized 14"x14" hole.

I replaced both the fans on my camper, you're welcome to any of the old stuff if it works for you, just cover the ride.

I don’t know if they would work for this exact one but I have so many campers coming I’d take any extra parts like that just in case it worked for me. If you can PM me let me know $ I’ll zip you PP tonight, but no rush shipping not in a rush for anything

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Slim got a fiberglass Outback trailer. Like a Scamp / Boler / Casita. He's customized it to his liking, got the whole thing sent back to Outback to rip the kitchen out. He's not a firm believer in having a sink in a tiny RV. I personally disagree, but Slim's gonna Slim.

Would something like this work for the vent? https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Unimaxx-Universal-Vent-Lid.html

Or just get a low profile vent cover.

Camping update, I'm either going to rent a cool millennial camper van for my honeymoon, or buy an ARB awning and sunroom for the truck and camp in that for two weeks.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 15, 2020

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Suspect Bucket posted:

Slim got a fiberglass Outback trailer. Like a Scamp / Boler / Casita. He's customized it to his liking, got the whole thing sent back to Outback to rip the kitchen out. He's not a firm believer in having a sink in a tiny RV. I personally disagree, but Slim's gonna Slim.

Would something like this work for the vent? https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Unimaxx-Universal-Vent-Lid.html

Or just get a low profile vent cover.

Camping update, I'm either going to rent a cool millennial camper van for my honeymoon, or buy an ARB awning and sunroom for the truck and camp in that for two weeks.

It might work but CSB is sending me some stuff and I am working on it cosmetically to get ready for sale, but that is a good link.

Will watch some Slim tonight and subscribe!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Hi Ace camper has beautiful wood floors underneath the old rear end linoleum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What

Hoooooooooowww? ?!?!

I thought that only happened with houses.