Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Michelin should have targeted getting those tweel airless tyres out for trailers before they focused on cars, I'm always amazing how many trailers and caravans I see on the side of the motorway with busted tyres every summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

A couple hundred kilos over weight for a couple hundred yards wouldn't harm anything, and if it breaks well it was going to break soon anyway and better then than at speed on the highway.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've got an idea and I wondered if you guys have ever seen anything like it. When we go tent camping we carry most of our copious crap in an old gutted trailer tent chassis. I want to make a hard top for it and was wondering if there was a way to use the (mostly emptied) trailer as the kitchen when we're set up. Simple version would be just to use it as a work surface (building the top to the right height) but I wondered if anyone's seen any Overland trailers or similar set up this way?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

Might be a touch heavy using an old travel trailer. There's several fantastic overlanding style campers out now. Another i've seen is using old utility bodies from a pickup with a standard trailer axle and a roof top tent above the body section. The toolboxes make great "rooms" for galleys, toiletries, and general storage.

A few months ago I saw a husband/wife working out of a utility body converted trailer being pulled behind an early bronco. All of it sitting on 35s. They had a killer setup with a roof top tent, bathroom, office, the works.

Thanks all for the recommendations and links, looks like either this or an Ausy-style tradesman's trailer were what I was thinking, not much of either available here in the UK though. I'll keep my eye out but maybe this is the push I need to learn to fabricate a basic top for my existing trailer.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Will you be raising the roof?