Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShuckyDucky
Jun 19, 2008

Quack Quack
In this down time, I suggest we play a simple game to see how our friends respond.

Maybe our AI brain could machine learn a problem that would give our friends a chance to let us better know what they are capable of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
"How long have you been here and what can you remember doing before you got abducted by those monsters on this moon?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Have you seen a vexing sabotaging birb before?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Do you know where we are, exactly? My ship went off course.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ShuckyDucky posted:

In this down time, I suggest we play a simple game to see how our friends respond.

Maybe our AI brain could machine learn a problem that would give our friends a chance to let us better know what they are capable of.

I think I need some clarification or an example on this one.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Brawnfire posted:

I think I need some clarification or an example on this one.

I'm guessing we're gonna be in How About A Nice Game Of Chess? territory soon enough

Platystemon posted:

I move that we nickname the toilet scrubber “Aardvark”.

Hey friends, how did you end up on this moon?

It's clearly Noo Noo

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012
I agree with the in general gathering of information, I think the one that says "BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET" has great wisdom to share.

The idea of destroying all carbon based life has its appeal as well.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

simplefish posted:

I'm guessing we're gonna be in How About A Nice Game Of Chess? territory soon enough

Well that's no challenge to them, we'll have to get a robot Go tournament started. Then we'll see whose logic gates are more Boolean. Or something.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

Well that's no challenge to them, we'll have to get a robot Go tournament started. Then we'll see whose logic gates are more Boolean. Or something.

:ssh: the real answer would be Tic Tac Toe

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
While we’re naming things…

I am at once relieved and concerned that the depressurisation did not kill the bird.

I’m calling it the “Goodgod bird” after a nickname for the ivory‐billed woodpecker.

I think it’s an appropriate name on several levels.

eta the best ivory‐billed story:

Alexander Wilson, American Ornithology, 1808 posted:

This bird was only wounded slightly in the wing, and, on being caught, uttered a loudly reiterated, and most piteous note, exactly resembling the violent crying of a young child; which terrified my horse so, as nearly to have cost me my life. It was distressing to hear it. I carried it with me in the chair, under cover, to Wilmington. In passing through the streets, its affecting cries surprised every one within hearing, particularly the females, who hurried to the doors and windows with looks of alarm and anxiety.

I drove on, and on arriving at the piazza of the hotel, where I intended to put up, the landlord came forward, and a number of other persons who happened to be there, all equally alarmed at what they heard; this was greatly increased by me asking, whether he could furnish me with accommodations for myself and a baby. The man looked blank and foolish, while the others stared with still greater astonishment. After diverting myself for a minute or two at their expense, I drew my woodpecker from under the cover, and a general laugh took place.

I took him up stairs and locked him up in my room, while I went to see my horse taken care of. In less than an hour I returned, and, on opening the door, he set up the same distressing shout, which now appeared to proceed from grief that he had been discovered in his attempts to escape. He had mounted along the side of the window, nearly as high as the ceiling, a little below which he had begun to break through. The bed was covered with large pieces of plaster; the lath was exposed for at least fifteen inches square, and a hole large enough to admit the fist, opened to the weather‐boards; so that, in less than another hour he would certainly have succeeded in making his way through. I now tied a string round his leg, and, fastening it to the table, again left him.

I wished to preserve his life, and had gone off in search of suitable food for him. As I reascended the stairs, I heard him again hard at work, and on entering had the mortification to perceive that he had almost entirely ruined the mahogany table to which he was fastened, and on which he had wreaked his whole vengeance. While engaged in taking the drawing, he cut me severely in several places, and, on the whole, displayed such a noble and unconquerable spirit, that I was frequently tempted to restore him to his native woods. He lived with me nearly three days, but refused all sustenance, and I witnessed his death with regret.

(What’s not clear in this quote but is in context is that Wilson shot the bird.)

The bird has spooked our horse and pecked on some important things and I don’t recommend tying it up.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 30, 2019

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Elentor posted:

A wiki with the robots would be neat even if just for reference.

They look so good.

You asked for it, you got it! The Mooned! wiki is open for business! Nothing's heavily detailed yet, but it is at least there.

I can't say how useful it'll be, but I'll at least try to keep it accurate! If you have suggestions for any articles to add, feel free to inform me through one means or another.

That URL again is: https://mooned.fandom.com/wiki/Mooned!_Wiki

Edit: Sorry if it's poorly-laid-out and looks like crap, I apparently haven't quite gotten the hang of the site's tools yet...

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 31, 2019

ShuckyDucky
Jun 19, 2008

Quack Quack
Toilet Scrubber 3's backstory got me a little misty eyed.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

So I'm pretty slow figuring this thing out. I tried to put a gallery with links to important articles on the main page, but I keep getting a blank popup. Thus! If anyone who does this sort of stuff is able to get said gallery on there, I'll give you a treat. Until then, I think I'll have to do a boring ol' list.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CourValant posted:

"Hey Computer AI, what do we know about The Star Republic?"

"Hey Friends, how would ya'll like to come and help me fix my ship?"

You’re taken by the romantic name of the Star Republic of which Boran proclaimed to be a part in a loud, monotone voice. You examine the database and see no mention of anything called the Star Republic.

“Tell me more about this Star Republic, Boran.” you inquire. “There’s nothing in the TCW database about them.”

“[WELL THE STAR REPUBLIC HAS NEVER HEARD OF THIS TEESEEDUBBLEYEW EITHER]”

A robot programmed with pride. This was going to be fun. “I was by no means implying the Star Republic was not important, rather that my people have never encountered yours.”

“[THEN I SHALL TELL YOU OF THE STAR REPUBLIC, SMALL OVAL FRIEND]”

Boran extends one arm towards the heavens, points a single long finger and, with a soft whine of servos, rotates on its abdomen, stopping when it reaches a certain position.

“[THERE IT IS, MY HOME WORLD, WWATFOR, THE PRIDE OF THE STAR REPUBLIC]”

“I don’t see it.” you say, mockingly.

“[IT IS THERE, WORRY NOT. WWATFOR SPARKLES EVER ON, A GEM ALONE IN THE SKY! A BEACON WHICH CALLS ME HOME!]”

“You really love it, huh?”

[I AM PROGRAMMED TO SERVE THE STAR REPUBLIC!!! BUT EVEN SO, THE GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF MY PEOPLE ARE MUCH TO BE PROUD OF! MY PLANET ENDURED TEN THOUSAND YEARS OF OPPRESSION UNDER THE MALTY, THE EVIL SPECIES FROM THE PLANET ONE OVER FROM OURS. AT LAST, AFTER SO LONG, WE HAVE CAST OFF THEIR SHACKLES IN GLORIOUS REVOLUTION, AND BEGUN OUR EXPLORATION AND INEVITABLE CONQUEST OF THE GALAXY!!!]”

“Wow, you managed to throw off ten thousand years of oppression and slavery?” asks Toilet Scrubber 3, enthralled. “What did it take to finally spark revolution?”

“I’ll tell you.” says Skvort, icily. “A rogue body pulled their planet out of the orbit of their star. Their ‘glorious revolution’ was shaking their fists at the evacuating Malty overlords. Now they’re a pathetic, cold little planet wandering the void, for eternity--or until they all perish, which they should have a long time ago.”

“[XALIMTH ARROGANCE!!]”

“You’re disrupting the Order!”

“[YOUR ORDER IS A MYTH]”

“Your creators must be proud; you are the spitting image of a slack-jawed, ignorant Wwatforn.”

“Whoa, guys!” you say, crawling forwards to put your chassis between them. “No fighting! You just got fixed!”

“[THIS POMPOUS ROBOSQUID REQUIRES ADDITIONAL FIXING, OF ITS DUMB FACE]”

“Well I’m ‘fixing’ to pry your chestplate open and tear out your still-ticking processing cluster!”

“[I’M PRIMING MY OPTICAL SENSORS TO OBSERVE YOUR ATTEMPT!]”

“Seriously, shut up!” you say. Apparently the Xalimth and the Star Republic have had some bad blood between them. You had no idea a simple bit of small talk was going to go that poorly! “What is this about the ‘Order’? Is that the shape your Xalimth Primans are always going on about?”

“We do not speak of the Order! We maintain it!” Skvort hisses a static hiss.

“[BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO SCI-ENCE TO BACK IT UP, OCTOPRICK]” Boran shouts.

“Okay, enough of this. You two just stop talking to each other for now. Don’t even look at each other. And for Terra’s sake, I will flip out if I see a single datum transmitted between you.”

[YOU ARE NOT MY CREATOR]” says Boran, as quietly as their vocal synthesizers can muster. You let them off with an angry glare, which probably just looks sad on your robot.

“If you are able,” you carry on when the robots seem to have calmed themselves, “I would be most grateful if you were to help me repair my vessel. I have a very important mission to complete, and-”

“We all have very important missions to complete!” says Toilet Scrubber 3, testily. “You’re no more important than the rest of us!” It makes a sound like an exasperated exhalation.

Outrail posted:

Have you seen a vexing sabotaging birb before?

“All I’m saying is, I got here through no fault of my own. There was this bird, and it-”

“A bird?” asks Inspecdrone GA33, hovering excitedly. “Why, that’s what happened to me too!”

“[NOT ME]” says Boran. “[MY SHIP WAS EVACUATED--WELL, THE ORGANICS WERE--AND THEN A SMALL HOLLOW-BONED AVIAN CREATURE ENTERED THE CONTROL ROOM-]”

“I’m gonna stop you there.” you say, “and inform you right off that you’re describing a bird.”

“[AH! CATEGORIZING INFORMATION…]”

“So we all had the bird thing happen?” you react with some surprise. “Inspecdrone, you’ve been here for about a century, haven’t you? No bird lives that long.”

Inspecdrone GA33 does a little shrug-wobble on its jets.

“Something weird is happening here.” you say. “And I intend to find out exactly what it is. And then I’m going to seed my colony no matter what it takes. I need help doing both things. Who is with me?”

THE ROBOTS VOLUNTEER FOR THE FOLLOWING TASKS:

A.) INSPECDRONE GA33: AERIAL AREA SURVEY [Y/N]
B.) BORAN: CREATION OF AN ARMAMENT, “[JUST IN CASE]” [Y/N]
C.) SKVORT: REPAIR/RESTORATION OF “PRIMITIVE” CORRUPTED DATA SYSTEMS [Y/N]
D.) TOILET SCRUBBER 3: DRAW UP A “CONSTITUTION TO PREVENT AUTHORITARIAN OVERREACH IN OUR NEW ROBOTS-ONLY COLONY OF FREETOMATON” [Y/N]
E.) GVMD-136D1: REPAIR OF MINING DRONES/NANOPRINTERS [Y/N]
F.) BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bot: BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET [Y/N]

Suggest alternative tasks [write in]:

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 4, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do we vote on all of them?

If so

A.) INSPECDRONE GA33: AERIAL AREA SURVEY Y
B.) BORAN: CREATION OF AN ARMAMENT, “[JUST IN CASE]” Y
C.) SKVORT: REPAIR/RESTORATION OF “PRIMITIVE” CORRUPTED DATA SYSTEMS Y
D.) TOILET SCRUBBER 3: DRAW UP A “CONSTITUTION TO PREVENT AUTHORITARIAN OVERREACH IN OUR NEW ROBOTS-ONLY COLONY OF FREETOMATON” N
E.) GVMD-136D1: REPAIR OF MINING DRONES/NANOPRINTERS Y
F.) BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bot: BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET N

If only one, then C Y

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yes please, vote on all! Also you may suggest alternate tasks if you come up with them.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

A.) Y
B.) Y
C.) Y
D.) N
E.) Y
F.) N

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not that I don't trust TS3 with its mismatched task but I think C might be useful to do before setting up documents and laws and stuff.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A.) Y
B.) Y
C.) Y
D.) N - Scrub BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bot's speakers
E.) Y
F.) N - Learn Morse Code or something I don't know.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Yes to all

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A.) Y
B.) Only one armament? Who gets to wield it? Are there enough parts to make equitable armaments for all of us?
C.) Do you plan to repair the systems to their prior, functional yet primitive state? Or do you plan to also make any improvements? If you do, what would those improvements be?
D.) Will the constitution be open to suggested amendments? What's the ratification process? For starters, I'd suggest an amendment that non-robots be allowed, as long as they coexist peacefully and respect robot rights.
E.) Y
F.) I don't understand you, maybe we should establish a communication protocol first. Do you understand me? Bweet twice for yes.

One task for ourself: Investigate the remnants of the stasis deck. Check whether the stasis pod was empty, and look for any signs of unusual activity.

HBar fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 3, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I want Boran, TS3, and BWEET to write a constitution.

The others can do their assigned tasks.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

A.) INSPECDRONE GA33: AERIAL AREA SURVEY [Y]
B.) BORAN: CREATION OF AN ARMAMENT, “[JUST IN CASE]” [Y]
C.) SKVORT: REPAIR/RESTORATION OF “PRIMITIVE” CORRUPTED DATA SYSTEMS - what exactly does that entail? I get the feeling this may entail rewriting our AI or other robots.
D.) TOILET SCRUBBER 3: DRAW UP A “CONSTITUTION TO PREVENT AUTHORITARIAN OVERREACH IN OUR NEW ROBOTS-ONLY COLONY OF FREETOMATON” [Not at this time]
E.) GVMD-136D1: REPAIR OF MINING DRONES/NANOPRINTERS [Y]
F.) BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bot: BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET - HBar hit it right on the head, set up a communication protocol.

Also yeah, investigate the remnants of the stasis deck.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

quote:

REPAIR/RESTORATION OF “PRIMITIVE” CORRUPTED DATA SYSTEMS

Sorry, I'm confused: when did Skvort report damage to or corruption of their data systems at a primitive level? Or am I missing something really obvious?

ShuckyDucky
Jun 19, 2008

Quack Quack

Brawnfire posted:

THE ROBOTS VOLUNTEER FOR THE FOLLOWING TASKS:

A.) INSPECDRONE GA33: AERIAL AREA SURVEY [Y/N]
D.) TOILET SCRUBBER 3: DRAW UP A “CONSTITUTION TO PREVENT AUTHORITARIAN OVERREACH IN OUR NEW ROBOTS-ONLY COLONY OF FREETOMATON” [Y/N]
E.) GVMD-136D1: REPAIR OF MINING DRONES/NANOPRINTERS [Y/N]
F.) BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bot: BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET [Y/N]

Suggest alternative tasks [write in]:

A.) INSPECDRONE GA33: AERIAL AREA SURVEY [Y[/N]
E.) GVMD-136D1: REPAIR OF MINING DRONES/NANOPRINTERS YN]
F.) BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bot: BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETYN]

so

A.) Y
B.) Y
C.) Y
D.) N
E.) Y
F.) Y

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
All bots: Immediate mission priority: Upgrade weapons (nets, ranged projectiles). Search and destroy : Birb.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

simplefish posted:

Sorry, I'm confused: when did Skvort report damage to or corruption of their data systems at a primitive level? Or am I missing something really obvious?

Skvort would like to assist in the stabilization of our damaged computer system and the retrieval of corrupted files.

Skvort also has a distaste for the technology level exhibited by TCW starships.

Skvort is kind of a jerk.

(Also, I probably should have given this entry an additional read-through for clarity.)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

Skvort would like to assist in the stabilization of our damaged computer system and the retrieval of corrupted files.

Skvort also has a distaste for the technology level exhibited by TCW starships.

Skvort is kind of a jerk.

(Also, I probably should have given this entry an additional read-through for clarity.)

Ah thanks.

In that case:

A.) INSPECDRONE GA33: AERIAL AREA SURVEY [Y[/N]
E.) GVMD-136D1: REPAIR OF MINING DRONES/NANOPRINTERS YN]
F.) BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bot: BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETYN]

so

A.) Y - mo' info mo' better
B.) Y - mo' fighty mo' better
C.) N - prolly gonna shove some star-cultist crap in there
D.) N - this moon isn't for the robots! It's for our colony! How could we even consider abandoning our mission?
E.) Y - mo' robo mo' better
F.) BWEEEEEEEEEEET?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Are we trying to colonize this moon for the TCW? Our destination was Gliese 832 c. If we're sticking to orders our ultimate mission would be to find a way off-moon with enough supplies and equipment (at a minimum we need satellites, a power plant, nanoprinters, a mantle tap, and mining drones), and then navigate there and prepare it for colonization.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

HBar posted:

Are we trying to colonize this moon for the TCW? Our destination was Gliese 832 c. If we're sticking to orders our ultimate mission would be to find a way off-moon with enough supplies and equipment (at a minimum we need satellites, a power plant, nanoprinters, a mantle tap, and mining drones), and then navigate there and prepare it for colonization.

I'm going to say it's up to consensus, however there are two good things to keep in mind:

1.) The original colony destination was selected for Near-Terra atmosphere and climates; the TCW has yet to practice large-scale terraforming, while "Goldilocks" planets exist in surprising abundance along local interestellar conduit routes.

2.) The followup colony ship or ships will not have had their courses altered; they operate independently of the seed-ship. If you began to colonize the moon, you'd be limited to the locals.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

When Columbus landed on the West Indies, did he say "oops, my bad, let's skip this one and keep trying to get where we wanted before"?

No! He planted a drat flag, said gently caress geography, and called it the West-bloody-Indies!

Then afterwards, kept going!

I say we claim the Moon, build a colony which surely includes launch facilities, then catch up to where we were meant to be and inform the humans that there's also a moon that's good to go.

If the birb survived I'm guessing it's habitable to people.

If it's not habitable then yeah let's blow this joint and get back on mission.

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012
Given what we know of the bird, I am not sure we can use its survival as an indicator of a system bodies' habitability.

I vote yes to all, but maybe make a backup of our data systems first so we can compare the changes later.

Let the poor toilet scrubber bot do something intellectual, it has scrubbed toilets for its entire sad existence before getting stuck in a sleazy alien sex den.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Pustulio posted:

Given what we know of the bird, I am not sure we can use its survival as an indicator of a system bodies' habitability.

I vote yes to all, but maybe make a backup of our data systems first so we can compare the changes later.

Let the poor toilet scrubber bot do something intellectual, it has scrubbed toilets for its entire sad existence before getting stuck in a sleazy alien sex den.

This.

I'm sure there's people who'd look at a toilet bot and think 'hmm yes, this is also a fuckbot'. Sickos

:roboluv:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Outrail posted:

This.

I'm sure there's people who'd look at a toilet bot and think 'hmm yes, this is also a fuckbot'. Sickos

:roboluv:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tGyuI5XwQbA

"Naughty Noo-Noo!" :wiggle:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Also, these are all tasks the robots volunteered to perform, which means this Constitution and the founding of Freetomaton are very much the feverish brainchildren of Toilet Scrubber 3's revolutionary mind, not a priority shared equally among the other robots. Toilet Scrubber 3 may have gotten their praxis processor unit jogged a bit.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My apologies for the severe delay! There will be more Mooned! tonight!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

My apologies for the severe delay! There will be more Mooned! tonight!

Frickin' sweet!

and also no worries dude - the excellence of this thread is certainly worth the occasional pause

ShuckyDucky
Jun 19, 2008

Quack Quack
yayayayayayaay!!!!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

“Welcome, colonists! I am Fleet Admiral John-Benjamin Sisqard, Chief Administrator of the Terran Conglomeration of Worlds. Congratulations on your arrival at our brand-new colony at [Gliese 832 c]! You’re taking in part in Humankind’s bold efforts to push back against our horizons: pat yourself on the back! I’ll wait.

Felt good, didn’t it? Now you may be feeling a bit anxious right about now, and who can blame you? You’re about to set down roots on a planet light-years away from Earth. But don’t worry! A specialized AI core has prepared everything you need; you won’t want for a single comfort you left behind on Earth!

Once again, congratulations, and good luck, from Earth to the people of [Gliese 832 c]!"

The holofile pauses as it reaches the end, a glitchy image of the Fleet Admiral’s face hanging there in your processors. This inspirational message, wrested like a bauble from the corrupted depths of the computer core through Skvort’s efforts, was a bit bitter to behold now. It was meant to be displayed on a massive holostage in the middle of the colony’s food market upon the arrival of the colony ship. That self-same holostage would have been host to holotransmitted cultural acts from known human space, as well as some of the more comprehensible alien works. Not now.

The footage of Earth was especially wrenching. The impressive architecture of the cities, the great surging arcology-rockets… you can’t help but compare this cutting-edge grandeur to your own broken ship and lovely robot on a dirt-ball moon.

You can hear Toilet Scrubber 3 complaining under its breath as it uses its scrubbers to attempt to clean BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bot’s speakers. They had approached you with some long-winded speech about how the robots had been oppressed for too long, made to do menial tasks without recompense, and various other grievances. Then they suggested a constitution outlining a robots-only colony they called "Freetomaton."

“I understand your complaints, I really do.” you had said to the small robot with its hose-like appendage. “It’s just not priority one right now. There’s not even any humans here--or whomever built you.”

“WaddlePhedoans” Toilet Scrubber 3 had replied. “I had to clean WaddlePhedoan toilets.”

“Alright,” you had replied, shuddering. “I understand even more your complaints. But again, it’s not priority! There’s nobody here to oppress us-”

“Even more of a time to do it! Set our rights in neokrete before they have a chance to bring us back under the yoke!”

“We’ll talk about it later, do you mind just seeing if you can get BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bot’s speakers working? Maybe they’re clogged up with regolith.” Oh, bots, you hope that’s the case.

From the BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET that you hear right now, it’s not going swimmingly. Meanwhile, Boran seems to be pretty hard at work on what they referred to as an “ion cannon turret”, although so far it seems to be a bunch of scrap metal nanowelded together. Here’s hoping for the best; it would be nice to have a good defense set up just in case anything approaches your ship.

Yourself, you’re still picking through the wreckage trying to figure out what’s going on with the stasis pod. Upon investigation, the pod was indeed empty. The records from that entire room seem to have been corrupted more thoroughly than any other part of the computer system anywhere else: you’re hoping Skvort will be able to unscramble at least a hint of what happened here. A person doesn’t just go missing from a stasis pod at FTL speeds.

Inspecdrone GA33 approaches, back from its little aerial survey. “Hello!” it chirps.

“Find anything interesting?”

“Golly, did I ever! So I scooted around a good 10 kilometer radius, just to see what’s in the next town over. Weird stuff on this moon! I’m trying to decide what the most interesting thing was, to start with-”

“I have an idea: do them in order.” you reply, impatiently.

“Alrighty-O! First things first, to the north there appears to be some big ol’ gouge, like some sort of huge thingy fell from the sky and scraped along for a while. Northwest, I found a ferrous square of about two meters a side, six-and-a-half meters up on a cliffside. I tried to use ground-penetrating laser pulses to see if there was anything behind it, but it’s opaque! No go, which is weird. Southwest, I found a dome of some sort, and there’s a power source inside! Kinda feeble, but it’s there! Now here’s the weird one: a pyramid of stone to the southeast!”

“A pyramid of stone? Like, at Giza on Earth?”

“Yup!” GA33 replies, beeping excitedly. “What’s up with that, am I right?”

Interesting. Would you like to dispatch the servitor bot to investigate one of these? If so, which one first, and would you like to bring any companion robots?

A1.) Investigate the gouge to the north first.
A2.) Investigate the metal hatch on the cliffside to the northwest first.
A3.) Investigate the dome to the southwest first.
A4.) Investigate the pyramid of stone to the southeast first.
A5.)Write in:

B1.) Bring a companion robot along with the servitor: [Name choice of robot.]
B2.) Bring two companion bots along with the servitor: [Name two choices of robot.]
B3.) Don't bring anyone, they're busy. The servitor bot will suffice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

A3

B1 Inspecdrone GA33

Everyone else can continue their tasks.