Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Welcome to Game Kiwi’s return to the Digital World in... Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth!

What is this game?
It’s a JRPG for the PSVita, PS4, and Nintendo Switch starring everybody’s favorite Japanese collection of creatures, the Digimon. I haven’t played much of this before, but the battle system reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy X, so that’s a really good sign in my book. We're playing on PS4.

Who are you?
Game Kiwi is an internet in-joke turned into a real thing. This time I’ve got my girlfriend on second mic. You’ll know her voice if you’ve been following GK’s yearly Extra Life Streams, or our adventure streaming through all of the Kingdom Hearts series.

When will you release?
We plan on releasing videos once or twice a week on no specific day, depending on how much backlog we build up. More backlog means more episodes sooner.

Anything else?
This isn’t Game Kiwi’s first foray into Digimon games. If you missed it, check out our very first ever LP, Digimon World: Re-Digitized. It’s...showing its age, honestly. It was a different time, man.

Since it's a JRPG with random battles I'll probably cut out ones we record where nothing interesting is being said. I'll also do grinding off camera completely, so there shouldn't bee tooooo much of it past the first batch (1-5) of episodes. I just left it in those to give a general idea of how the game actually is.

I'll also have some user participation like the last Digimon LP. I'll be taking suggestions for evolution lines people want us to go down, as well as letting y'all name our mons, within reason.

:siren: Spoiler Rules: :siren:
Please don’t. Both Reiko and I getting it for the first time (as may be other posters). Please don’t ruin it for us. If you really really want to talk spoilers, there’s the Digimon General Thread for that, or you can PM me for evolution tips or things you want me to try and check out. If you absolutely have a burning need to talk spoilers, then blackbar tag them and any responses to spoiler comments. Don’t go crazy with it though.

Episode List:
Episode 1 - Jack In to Digimon
Episode 2 - The One Where We Play the Game
Episode 3 - My Weird digital Body
Episode 4 - It's A sneaking Mission
Episode 5 - Welcome To the Digilab
Episode 6 - Who's That digimon?
Episode 7 - It's pants Time!
Episode 8 - Mysterious digital Face
Episode 9 - Jimiken Rising
Episode 10 -So Much For less Poop
Episode 11 - Life On the Lamb
Episode 12 - Sleuth rank Up"
Episode 13 - Fill Theworld with Music
Episode 14 - A sneaking Mission
Episode 15 - Time to Dip

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
reserved

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

reserved

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

:siren: Audience Participation Time :siren:

i've got some mons what need names! the mons in question are:

Guilmon = FriendBesto

Hagurumon = Cogsworth

Punimon = PUNYMAN

Tokomon = TEEF

names will appear as early as episode 6, which we'll be recording next week.

e: names have been got

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 13, 2019

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It is done.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Digimon World was the first Digimon game released and was basically an RPG with virtual pet raising wedged awkwardly in. It was pretty infamous for the fact that your Digimon, regardless of what it or where it was, would often stop everything to have to go to the toilet. This mechanic, despite not really being a thing in any of the games following (bar the Digimon World remake released around the same time as this), burned itself in the minds of those who played it.

This. The last Digimon game I lp'd was said remake that's in the op.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Thanks for the double post, phone.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

yeah. give me all the advice. i love tips.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

new episode time. this time we actually see what the gameplay is like in the aptly titled...

Episode 2 - The One Where We Play the Game

edit: i forgot that i also have the free dlc now, sooooo

:siren: NEW DIGIMON TO NAME :siren:

Agumon (Black) = Dinoir

Gabumon (Black) = Zebra

Agumon (Tai Yagami Costume)

Agumon (Hero Costume MALE & FEMALE) <- 2 names here

The last 3 will never evolve (and honestly probably won't get used) because they'll lose the costumes, but you can still name them!

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 14, 2019

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

gently caress i can't believe i lost in my Poop Gambit

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Ardeem posted:

You could just... not make poop monsters and grind slower.

not...make poop monsters? i don't understand these words when next to each other

masam posted:

name augumon black Dinoir

i like it. a (probably) evergreen name

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i'm probably gonna try to balance between mons i like and ones y'all wanna see.

i'll also probably have a video doing poo poo to get a Top Mon just to show what it's like

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i mean that it'll make sense when he evolves, not just for this form

e: maybe. i don't actually know

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

follow your best judgement, i say crossing my fingers

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

time for a new episode

Episode 3 - My Weird digital Body

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

:siren: AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION TIME!! :siren:

in the latest recording session we got some new mons who needs names!

Yokomon

Kudamon

Otamamon = King Poop

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 18, 2019

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Not to give too much away, but we found another rather large evolution for Agumon in like episode 7-ish.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

it's [day of week] so that means it's time for a new episode!

Episode 4 - It's A sneaking Mission

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i can not be defeated by grind

i have the glowing cum car in ffxiv

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

it took so long to get

just doing the same thing over and over for hours

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

We've reached the end of the first recording session! Your name choices begin...NOW!

Episode 5 - Welcome To the Digilab

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

here's a new ep for you to celebrate labor day with

Episode 6 - Who's That digimon?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It seems to be a lot of that!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

boy i sure don't got a lot of these left in the can. i guess i'm recording more this week!

Episode 7 - It's pants Time!

anyway this one features us not knowing who a lot of digimon are

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It's not the wrong order. It's that the line populates both choices. Unless I'm forgetting something.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

oh i completely forgot about that one

game is neat, but uh maybe not the most well made

which i guess is part and parcel for being a digimon game people actually want to play

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

sorry it's taking so long between episodes. i've had a busy month and also my render workflow needs significant improvement. i'll be trying to speed it up soon! OTL

Episode 8 - Mysterious digital Face

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

pretty sure i specifically pinged you in discord when i started it

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

mateo360 posted:

also the fact the last Digimon game he LP'd was a World game with bathroom mechanics.

it's this

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

who's ready for more Main Story??

Episode 9 - Jimiken Rising

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

only marginally related, but reiko and i are streaming for extra life today starting a few minutes ago and there's a non-zero chance we'll play more digimon.

come join us! https://www.twitch.tv/gamekiwi

and donate here: http://bit.ly/gkel2019

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Not that I've been posting every week like I should be, but I'll be gone for the next month or so, so no episodes in that time. Sorry.

Anyway here's more Digman.

Episode 10 -So Much For less Poop

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

hey turns out vacation immediately followed by family visiting for a gluttony-based holiday really throws off the posting schedule.

anyway, i'm back now and hopefully i can stay ahead of recordings; no promises though.

Episode 11 - Life On the Lamb

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Hello friends. Sorry it's been so long between videos. I'm resolving to be more regular in the new year so this hopefully won't happen again bar vacations.

Anyway here's a new video that's mostly side content.

I don't remember if I said before, but if you see an unnamed digimon in my pool, name it. If one has a name that doesn't fit, two votes for a new name will grant the new name. Let chaos reign.

Episode 12 - Sleuth rank Up"

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Ardeem posted:

Does the commentary seem like it's about second fast to anybody else? It felt like there were a few times where you were responding to things either the exact moment they appeared on screen or a few miliseconds beforehand.

oh whoops. for whatever reason my NLE unsyncs the audio on one track by about that much. i know i synced the two voice tracks, but i guess i didn't catch it for the whole thing. is it distracting enough that i should rerender? or

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

will do

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

They were pre-order bonuses for this one.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Sorry about the sound on this one and the next one. OBS changed settings on me for some reason and merged all the audio into one track so there's not much i can do about it that won't take hours and hours.

Episode 13 - Fill Theworld with Music

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Ok here's the next one. I'll make double sure the sound is as good as I can get it from now on. We'll hopefully be recording more this week.

Episode 14 - A sneaking Mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

We have emerged from the depths of Bronchitis to bring you another episode. This time with good audio(?)!

Episode 15 - Time to Dip

I know we've got lots of Digimon that need names, so shout em out, y'all!