Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I can maybe remember a handful of scenes/setpieces/dungeons of this game despite knowing I 100%ed it to the point that Tricky wouldn't change color anymore when playing fetch.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of loading it up in Dolphin to see if it really was as bad as people say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The reason you need to press buy a second time is because you're in the highly advanced haggling mode first. Shopkeep gives you a default price, you can then press up* and down to change that price. What this boils down to is getting called a cheapskate 10 times before you find the number he's programmed to accept as lowest price.

E: *If I remember right, yes this means you can pay more than the original price if you are a huge idiot or something.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

C-Euro posted:

...it's probably a knock against the game that I did something and have zero recollection of it, right?

It either means the game's so unremarkable that your brain just didn't save those memories for the actual long term, or that you repressed the memories because they're so bad. It's probably mostly the former.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

These literally fire-breathing dinosaurs being held captive by lizards that are all smaller than them (Tricky's a lovely baby so of course he's tiny) wielding some janky clubs. Just like the mammoths that are so large that even just lifting a bunch of sharpclaw with their trunk and throwing them beating them into the wall/ground should be entirely trivial.

But no, it takes a space-faring fox with a stick he picked up on the ground somewhere to free them. And he doesn't even want to be there.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That all sounds like such a better game than what we got in the end. Thanks for forcing Star Fox into this, Miyamoto.

I knew the haggling wasn't good, but I forgot how garbage it actually was. It's also entirely pointless because unless you obsessively buy every item in the store, you're always at scarab cap. And it's not even like you can do a good enough job at it to skip past the wallet wall.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I wonder why Miyamoto hates Star Fox so much that he's already killed two entries to the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I was just setting up my Switch and got reminded about Starlink having a small Starfox easter egg thing.

The last Starfox sighting in the galaxy.

I played it and it's genuinely good. Fox is an actual real character, not just a tiny cameo. I haven't bought the DLC that adds the rest of the team as playable characters, so I don't know how well that holds up in comparison.