Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Alas, that bit about Krystal's Parents is indeed never mentioned anywhere outside of I think the manual, and that opening text. Part of why I dislike this game from a story perspective, and the decision to make it a Star Fox game. By shoving Krystal aside, she went from "potentially interesting action girl" to "Damsel in distress", never showing any actual personality outside of her current relationship status to Fox.

And yeah... the uhh, the voices... aren't great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

RabidWeasel posted:

Somehow I still remember "Bafomdad". I don't remember what that is or what it looks like but I sure remember its loving stupid name.

Honestly, I'd bet you remember that one in particular because of Jontron flipping out about that one when he did a video on this game. As for what it is, I'll wait and let the LP crew handle that once they find one.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Honestly, Fox's personality in the next game is pretty consistent... with his 64 personality. As far as I know, this is the only time Fox is portrayed as this much of a jerk.

On the other hand, he's not used to this kind of adventure and questing crap. He's a fighter pilot, not a drat diplomat. As an aside, there was actually a comic put out that explains Falco's disappearance, called "Farewell Beloved Falco".

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Fun fact: If you smack Tricky enough, he will actually try to retaliate by using his Flame ability on you. You can actually abuse this to get him to use it when you want to without using up any of his energy meter.