Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Rallying is great and teaches you it's usually better to stay aggressive instead of backing off to heal as soon as you're hurt but it doesn't really replace healing. I think Elden Ring and Sekiro both do it better by having estus equivalents as well as ways to top up healing in combat. Getting charges back for clearing a group or deathblow healing respectively.

I only ran out of vials once or twice but farming a good amount so that you don't run out again in the end game is dull and would just be better if it was estus. I don't think farming is a big deal but it's more time consuming than people are making out. I'd rather just think about the combat and boss I'm working on and not the economy and busy work of buying vials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Drink the blood or shoot it up, I don't care. Just get it in you and on you somehow and slay beasts

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i bested logarius at like lvl 32 with no hud so get good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I run out of vials and cry.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Is this the sekiro thread too? Recently picked it back up after giving up at the blazing bull 3 years ago and watching someone who's actually good at it play through instead. Now it's been a few days and I blew past that fucker and just now beat Lady Butterfly on the second try, I'm fuckin' amped!! Man this game is good

Since my RSIs have been flaring up lately it's forced me to actually figure out strategies and timing instead of panicky button mashing like a dumbass. Best way I can articulate this game is that it makes me feel sharper, you know?

Also really makes me thirsty for some cloudy sake

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nioh 1 and 2 have basically the exact same heal system as Bloodborne and my conclusion is that its genius and almost better than estus. it doesn't punish you when you only have the minimum on respawn. it just means you need to spend some time focusing on the fundamentals instead of the boss.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

If I ran out I would only use what you can get on the run back to the boss. So some bosses I had 12+, other I had like 2 to work with. Never felt the need to farm because in all these games, you barely need to heal on the attempt when you actually win. If I was sittin' there doing 20 vials and dying anyway, then who cares how many I have saved up.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The vial system works because it establishes that hunters are junkies fiending for a blood-fix

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Vials are like weapon degradation in BotW, the game throws everything at you to compensate for it but some people will just never cop to using those resources the way the game wants them to rather than getting frustrated that it doesn't work like it does in a different game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
* thinking really hard* vials are like riddler trophies

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
any kind of potion-buying, inventory-management + socketing gems into weapons + crafting & repairing gear is imo just super dull zero skill downtime stuff and I'd always rather be fighting bad rear end enemies+bosses than doing hub-area styff, so having everything restocked automatically when sitting at bonfires the better & ideally imo that would go for all of the poison/toxic/bleed/chaos consumables, too

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Sounding like certain people had a tough time with bloodborne lol :D couldnt be loving me.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
The only difficult parts of bloodborne were orphan of kos, ludwig, and that one chalice dungeon with the superpowered watchdog poo poo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

The only difficult parts of bloodborne were orphan of kos, ludwig, and that one chalice dungeon with the superpowered watchdog poo poo

My first playthrough I couldn't beat rom and put the game down for like 6 months lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Cursed Amygdala was my big hangup. I don’t remember struggling with anything nearly as much.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
Ailing Loran enemies give a shitload of blood echoes. can buy vials with those if ya want

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

any kind of potion-buying, inventory-management + socketing gems into weapons + crafting & repairing gear is imo just super dull zero skill downtime stuff and I'd always rather be fighting bad rear end enemies+bosses than doing hub-area styff, so having everything restocked automatically when sitting at bonfires the better & ideally imo that would go for all of the poison/toxic/bleed/chaos consumables, too

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Hizke posted:

I would simply stop being a whiny fool. Farm the blood vials or don't. Let history remember you as a weak, pathetic GBS gamer.. Or an Imp. Your choice. I know I made mine.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Hizke posted:

theyre drat noobs. i ran out when i was a nooblet myself and died to the cursed defiled watchdog 100 times in a row, but then you can go kill a handful of enemies and buy the max amount. diseased rear end games posters lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

lmao

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Finished the game. Loved the atmosphere throughout. Kaz was a great fight. Ended up as a baby old one under the care of a creepy doll. 10/10.

Started mucking about the chalice dungeons and holy poo poo the Abhorrent Beast makes all of the actual bosses look like jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
He's Flamelurker on steroids. It rules