Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
laurence is important to beat because its the only way to do a true beast claws build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

star eater posted:

Ludwig is my favorite fight, the only one i might like a little more is the Great ape fights in sekiro

the sekiro ape fight might be the best boss fight ever in a game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

I killed the Orphan :)

img-evangelion-congatulations.gif

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
do a lil pvp in the nightmare frontier before u move on, since sekiro has no multiplayer

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

this is a pretty dry read but very interesting and the best part is the section on the league and vermin

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

NG++ might have me beat. I’m stuck on like 3 different bosses

try using beast blood pellets

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ruffini posted:

Maybe you should avoid getting frenzied.

This

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Man with Hat posted:

So apparently there's DLC to this which I hear is good from this thread. Can I access the dlc bits from my save file after killing the wetnurse?

any time after killing amelia but before entering ng+

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
cainhurst is so pretty

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Man with Hat posted:

Yeah, but those giant four-legged bloodsac spiders outside were loving gross.

So far the DLC's real nice. Love the environment and the enemies/hunters are fun to fight! Made it to a guy with two claw weapons who liked to yell and jump at me and died with it having about 10 health left. It seems like they did the opposite of the Dark Souls DLC that took you back in time and took you forward in time here but that's just based on how the environment. Real pretty with Bloodborn in the sunshine!

the old hunters isnt really the future or the past.....its set in Hunter Hell, which happens to also connect to Church Hell and Random Guy Hell, both of which u will get to, later.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just remembered I own this and I was so butthurt after beating father gasgoine that I didn't play it for 5 years, so now I decided to try it out again.

still right at the beginning and keep dying in old yarnham to the mobs there while I figure out the controls again.

there is a finesse to this that has been blunted by years of God of War, Spiderman, The Last of Us Remastered, and jerking off where if I try to mash roll or whatever I just roll back into the crowed and get bum raped. im bad at this, guys

any pro tips? I chose the threaded cane, because I want to swagger around all day with the top hat I saw in a loading screen

serious tip: learn to be deliberate with your button pushes....if u go into zen mode and pay attention to every animation itll click for u. nothing is cancelable and you never need to buffer inputs

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
as far as pro tips go: the threaded canes whip-mode normal and heavy attacks are great for range and crowds. if youre fighting a single target try the whip-mode dodge attacks and the cane mode normal and heavy attacks.....and if your enemy is blobby use the cane-mode r2 stab

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

Old Yarnham is optional and kind of hard and unless you really want the loot there early (cool-but-niche weapon and gun, and I think some early access to some higher-tier upgrade mats) it's fine to put off until later. Explore Cathedral Ward more , there's another optional area branching off from it that's easier and has a really important reward at the end. And the cane whip is cool as hell, it's what I mostly used in my first playthrough

u cant get to the other optional area until u beat old yharnam, unless u get the thing that costs 10k in the dream store. but, nothing in the game is really optional. and old yharnam is probably the easiest area to tackle at the time u unlock it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My weapon ran out of durability because I kept dying in the first area over and over and I cannot continue the game. Good god what have I become.

lol owned

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
also, if u end up running out of blood vials, the best way to restock is to clear a zone that u find easy and then spend all the blechoes u get from it on blood vials at the dream store. i also recommend spending the entire pot of boss blechoes on blood vials for the first few bosses

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

not sure why they even bothered carrying over durability from souls

they needed a downside for the strongest blood gems that wasnt slowly draining health (which sucks) or less damage on certain enemies (which defeats the point.) compared to those, cutting durability in half is very tolerable. but it doesnt really serve a purpose anywhere else

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
yeah thats not parrying.....big beast bosses can have each of their limbs & head broken by repeated attacks, especially with blunt weapons, that allows u to do a visceral attack

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

wheelhouse should be destroyed with bloodborne style trick weapons every day

that would be epic

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a.p. dent posted:

this game kicks rear end!!

its the best one

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The only knock I have against BB is that it takes some work to get the coolest weapon without accidentally going into NG+

thats the whole point of ng+ …..

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That sounds sick, been meaning to try a non-chikage bloodtinge build

reiterpallasch is primarily a skill weapon. youll want bloodletter or the bowblade for a btinge build, unless you want to combo the reiterpallasch with the evelyn/repeating pistol and bone marrow ash for mega parry damage setups, but bosses are really annoying with that setup

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a.p. dent posted:

okay i started using the threaded cane and this thing is loving awesome now that i've fortified it a bit (esp. for hitting snakes from long range)

check out the backstep r1 and r2

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Orange DeviI posted:

Is a ps4 pro worth it for this game compared to a regular ps4? Ps5s don’t exist and it’s never coming to pc

its exactly the same game on every platform. same resolution and framerate. ps5 ssd offers faster loading times but thats the only improvement possible over base ps4

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

swimsuit posted:

is there any point in doing the chalice dungeons?

its more bloodborne. unique bosses and upgrade mats so you can try new weapons

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i have brain aids and spent as much time farming blood gems in chalice dungeons as i did playing the game normally. but it was epic

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
torn between calling games posters noobs for not knowing how to easily get more blood vials and failtards for running out in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
* thinking really hard* vials are like riddler trophies