Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I've been playing through Bloodborne again as a quarantine thing and it's drat good but holy loving poo poo frenzy is the worst goddamned piece of poo poo status effect I've ever experienced in a video game! A whole game of running up to and beating enemies up and being aggressive and then just wham, here, hide behind a rock for 4 minutes or die! It's cool, you can come back and explore later after you've found a secret passage you jump to from an elevator if you're lucky because half of the time you're gonna miss the hole in the wall and die! Oh, and after that we put three enemies that kill you in no time if you look at them lol, glhf. gently caress frenzy

Edit: I wrote that and immediately fell off the drat elevator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Ruffini posted:

Maybe you should avoid getting frenzied.

I tried that and it worked pretty well, thanks.

Still call bullshit on having to warp to home and change my whole rune thing to fight three random monsters

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
So apparently there's DLC to this which I hear is good from this thread. Can I access the dlc bits from my save file after killing the wetnurse?

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I found it and I'm now excited to play new Bloodborne content (for me). Lost my disk years ago and just bought it last week but I'd forgotten how drat good it is. I had also never found Cainhurst Castle before as it turns out, so that was also new and fun

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

scary ghost dog posted:

cainhurst is so pretty

Yeah, but those giant four-legged bloodsac spiders outside were loving gross.

So far the DLC's real nice. Love the environment and the enemies/hunters are fun to fight! Made it to a guy with two claw weapons who liked to yell and jump at me and died with it having about 10 health left. It seems like they did the opposite of the Dark Souls DLC that took you back in time and took you forward in time here but that's just based on how the environment. Real pretty with Bloodborn in the sunshine!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

tote up a bags posted:

I played through Sekiro and went from full "This game is bad it's just QTEs" to "I am a loving god of the 1000-time folded sword" and in many ways I preferred it to Bloodborne. It only has one total shitter boss (you know the one) whereas Bloodborne had a handful. Bloodborne's still the GOAT but Sekiro gave it a real run for its money. Also drat the environments in Sekiro were lush.

I don't know the one. Monkeys? But yeah, I agree with what you say. I never thought the Dark Souls games would be the bad games by From then Bloodborne and Sekiro came out

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

tote up a bags posted:

Ah no I loved monkey fun, it was a weird but fun puzzle. I was talking about Demon Of Hatred who would be a perfectly acceptable Bloodborne boss but instead they jammed him in Sekiro for no gosh darn good reason

DoH is fun as soon as you figure out that you should jump over the rush attack even though it doesn't make any drat sense but you're right that it's more Bloodborne than Sekiro

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Killed the cleric beast. I thought I was cool because I learned to parry before fighting him again but you can’t parry him (I couldn’t) and I got smashed. Once I went back without locking on I could smash his poo poo in. Only problem is stamina when you are rolling up in his small rear end zone.

You can parry Cleric Beast but it's a massive pain in the rear end since it's usually pretty far away so the timing is different due to bullet travel time. Your method is way better.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
That's a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Sekiro pauses when you pause because they decided multiplayer is dumb for one game before changing their mind back