Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The threaded cane was such a good starting weapon that I used it exclusively for a long time. The animation for transitioning from blade to whip during a combo is :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Fiend Matador posted:

the whirligig saw was the weapon i was using when i first beat orphan of kos so ill always have a fondness for it because of that

This for me but Ludwig's Holy Blade. I didn't use it at all until the very end of Old Hunters and it helped me break through OoK

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Laurence was my most hated FromSoft boss until Demon of Hatred

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
His music is probably my favorite From music alongside Vendrick and Vordt's themes. The second phase has a waltz quality about it

And his voice actor cuts loose with awesome horse noises after his head is cut off

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CyberPingu posted:

I hope this doesn't get shut down and we eventually see a release.

Also apparently Bluepoint have "finished" the PC port of Bloodborne. Are currently signed on to make the sequel and a remaster of the first one.

That... sounds like a lot for one studio and I'd be shocked if From/Sony farm out the sequel to Bluepoint as opposed to making it in house.

I kept seeing rumors that their next project was a Metal Gear Solid remake. I don't think they've ever made a game from the ground up as opposed to remakes or remasters so I have a hard time believing they'd make a Bloodborne sequel.

Personally I hope neither rumor is true. From is so well known now that I don't think they need to rely on sequels to sell their games. I'd rather each new game be new IP from here on out.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

scary ghost dog posted:

its the best one

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The transform attacks are so satisfying. My last run was mostly using the Reiterpallasch and getting parries on the sword-to-gun transform feels great

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

scary ghost dog posted:

reiterpallasch is primarily a skill weapon. youll want bloodletter or the bowblade for a btinge build, unless you want to combo the reiterpallasch with the evelyn/repeating pistol and bone marrow ash for mega parry damage setups, but bosses are really annoying with that setup

Yeah since bone marrow ash is for your left hand weapon/pistol it doesn't buff shots from the Reiterpallasch unfortunately. Still a really fun moveset and since skill improves your visceral damage you can get into a good flow with it. It's also really useful in chalice dungeons because you can keep a torch equipped without losing the ability to parry.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just do chalice dungeons when you're low on vials and consumables

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The vial system works because it establishes that hunters are junkies fiending for a blood-fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
He's Flamelurker on steroids. It rules