Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
A very elegant chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Henderson's introduced as housemaster, and a lot of people read that as headmaster, probably 'cause it's more familiar/expected (and also because he was overseeing the new applicants).

But as Alacron says, if he were headmaster, he'd have taken less of a hit for punching Murdoch in chapter 5.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I like that Damian's friends are actual friends and not just typical henchmen that are only hanging out with him for power.

Yeah, same :kimchi: I also think Henderson knew damned well what the boys were doing, to assign them to help their buddy.

And to think I thought so lowly of him and Damien's friends when i first saw them :allears:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, same :kimchi: I also think Henderson knew damned well what the boys were doing, to assign them to help their buddy.

And to think I thought so lowly of him and Damien's friends when i first saw them :allears:

They were introduced as Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle, that is the entitled little poo poo and his muscle. Those roles are usually flatter than Flatland.
Then the author slowly establishes why Damian behaves that way and that the muscle are actual friends, and the cardboard cutouts suddenly have all three dimensions. :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New chapter is sooo good.

link

Now I know my previous suggestion for a Bond pic was met with some resistance, but this chapter has plenty of fantastic choices if we want to update the OP.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The funniest part is that Bond may have been 100% correct about his death via Yor cuisine and really did successfully save his own life. :allears:

Good dog is good :shittydog:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh my God this chapter :kimchi:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Holy poo poo this chapter is so good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Things i truly appreciate: 1) every single tiny little thought bubble Yor, and 2) a dog's idea of what a Loid's job probably is

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
My heart is warmed, that was so good

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This is the best chapter. :dogcited:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Doggo is good boi

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I was admittedly a little worried that Bond was gonna take a backseat after his intro, so I'm super pleased to see a completely Bond focused chapter.

He's fun to watch for pretty much the same reason Anya is: the information he gets from his extraordinary powers are completely at odds with hits understanding of how the world works.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love how loid is perfectly aware that bond is a super-intelligent dog but he's perfectly fine with it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Predognition is an incredible superpower

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
This is my new favorite chapter in the same way Homeward Bound was my favorite movie growing up!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Bond is a good dog.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I love the duality of both Bond and Loid taken presented information and drawing wildly incorrect assumptions

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Loid being this masterful and hyperintelligent spy while also not quite getting that it isn't normal for members of your family to see the future or kick cars in half is one of the funniest things in the world to me.

Yeah my wife made the tennis ball into potato chips with one swing of her racket. Family life. Average. Yes.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

Loid being this masterful and hyperintelligent spy while also not quite getting that it isn't normal for members of your family to see the future or kick cars in half is one of the funniest things in the world to me.

Yeah my wife made the tennis ball into potato chips with one swing of her racket. Family life. Average. Yes.

To be fair, you wouldn't really be able to attribute Bond's behavior to future sight since he could just have easily smelled those guys coming. The wife being a freakishly strong fighter however has no excuse. Step up your game Lloyd.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i just bought the first couple of volumes, and while re-reading the first chapters i just absolutely lost it during their first outing as a family. at one point Yor jumps off the rooftop all three of them are on, and runs down the façade of the building like a ninja, and Loid just goes "boy she's impulsive. well, guess we should go after her" and starts heading down some stairs with anya

his baseline for normal is just incredibly broken

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Everyone praises rescue dogs for saving others, but nobody asks if the dog wants to rescue himself. :ohdear:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Desumaytah posted:

Things Agent Twilight does not understand: Dogs, women, children

Things Loid Folger is surrounded by: Dogs, women, children

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Super Jay Mann posted:

The funniest part is that Bond may have been 100% correct about his death via Yor cuisine and really did successfully save his own life. :allears:

Yeah, I came to post exactly that :allears: Poor Yor.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

On one hand I'm tired of the "she can't cook lol" thing in general, but on other hand Yor being so good of a killer that it affects other parts of her skillset is funny.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It would be nice if we got a chapter (or more) about Yor soon.
Outside of the chapter after the tennis arc it feels like all she’s used for recently is jokes about being bad at cooking or having super strength, like when was the last time we actually saw her doing her assassination job?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It would be nice if we got a chapter (or more) about Yor soon.
Outside of the chapter after the tennis arc it feels like all she’s used for recently is jokes about being bad at cooking or having super strength, like when was the last time we actually saw her doing her assassination job?

I think the last time was the chapter she got shot in the rear end.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I feel like I remember hearing that Endo was worried about making Yor too unsympathetic by showing her murder people, but I think he's underestimating how much I'd die for her.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nerdietalk posted:

I feel like I remember hearing that Endo was worried about making Yor too unsympathetic by showing her murder people, but I think he's underestimating how much I'd die for her.

I can only imagine her becoming unsympathetic if he makes her torture people or goes the Mashima route with her.
I love Yor's duality so much.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Anja’s growing up. :)
Loid is secretly being a bragging dad.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/spy-x-family-chapter-40-1/chapter/21926?action=read

I can't believe Anya skipped rope FIVE TIMES

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How short is Lady Fullmetal?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

she's growing too powerful!!!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TWO vaulting boxes, that must be like One and a half feet in height

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's so impressive that not even this jaded intelligence operative can believe it

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It's weird that they would put such a mission critical update in one of the short ex chapters.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

It's weird that they would put such a mission critical update in one of the short ex chapters.

People down the line are gonna be so confused when Anya manages to jump rope several times to help out in a mission and will never know how she got to that point :argh:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I loving love this series.

Proud Spy father. Good father.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

People down the line are gonna be so confused when Anya manages to jump rope several times to help out in a mission and will never know how she got to that point :argh:

It's a way to remind the readers that a good spy studies all available intel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's a Yuri chapter this week no that that kind
mangaplus
Viz
So the Stasi aren't as overbearing as the early chapters depicted the culture of state police, or maybe it's just this instance because Yuri understands this guy's plight. Either way it's a nice gray chapter and if Yuri can keep this amount of siscon and seriousness consistent I'll like the character all the more