Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Chapters like this one give me life.

RuBisCO posted:

Kiss your wife, Loid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

RuBisCO posted:

Kiss your wife, Loid

Absolutely perfect.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Real nice cool down chapter after finishing up the boat.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RuBisCO posted:

Kiss your wife, Loid

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

SPY X FAMILY: Kiss your wife, Loid

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Arzaac posted:

SPY X FAMILY: Kiss your wife, Loid

I like how considerate Anya was this chapter. She knew Yor didn't want to show her wound so she changed her mind about diving. Of course they got to go anyway once they saw the suits, but I feel like the telepathy has made her more considerate than most kids her age would be. Also, just a beautiful chapter.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Spy x Family is going to do take inspiration from Baki, where there was an entire volume released of just Baki loving his girlfriend, which wasn’t serialized in the magazine. Except it will just be Loid kissing his wife.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Spy x Family: I can't tell if that man is highly capable or completely incompetent

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Such a wholesome chapter :3:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I Am Fowl posted:

I like how considerate Anya was this chapter. She knew Yor didn't want to show her wound so she changed her mind about diving. Of course they got to go anyway once they saw the suits, but I feel like the telepathy has made her more considerate than most kids her age would be. Also, just a beautiful chapter.

There’s a darker side to it though. Anja is aware her family is together because of the mission and that both mom and dad need eachother to pretend to be a real family.
She’s incredibly scared that something will cause the family to break up causing her to go back to a fosterhome. :(

Now I made myself sad. I’ll just read this chapter again to make me feel better. :unsmith:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Every chapter I hope they'll find out each others' secrets and accept each other and Anya can live without that unnecessary anxiety.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Anya is such a friggin' MVP. She's the invisible glue that holds these invisible people together.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I Am Fowl posted:

Every chapter I hope they'll find out each others' secrets and accept each other and Anya can live without that unnecessary anxiety.

It's too soon sadly. He hasn't even kissed his wife yet

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

There’s a darker side to it though. Anja is aware her family is together because of the mission and that both mom and dad need eachother to pretend to be a real family.
She’s incredibly scared that something will cause the family to break up causing her to go back to a fosterhome. :(

Loid's mused that WISE will watch over Yor and Anya after the mission's finished and he's left, so the worst-case scenario probably wouldn't happen... but Anya doesn't know that, and even if she did, she'd probably still be terrified of him leaving because she's been desperate for a stable family.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

narm00 posted:

Loid's mused that WISE will watch over Yor and Anya after the mission's finished and he's left, so the worst-case scenario probably wouldn't happen... but Anya doesn't know that, and even if she did, she'd probably still be terrified of him leaving because she's been desperate for a stable family.

You're doing a terrible job at making me feel better about Anya's anxiety. :(

I'm going to read this chapter again.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The more likely dark scenario is one where the Thorn Princess gets hired to perform a hit on Twilight

Granted, given her employer's even tempered natures, any attempt to do so will probably be a frame up job... but then there's the likelihood that her brother might find out, as a result...

This is all endgame or major turning point sounding stuff, though, and there is probably a lot of material to be milked from the status quo before that happens

I'm going to call it now; the series ends with the Forgers faking their deaths to live happily together

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OnimaruXLR posted:

The more likely dark scenario is one where the Thorn Princess gets hired to perform a hit on Twilight

Granted, given her employer's even tempered natures, any attempt to do so will probably be a frame up job... but then there's the likelihood that her brother might find out, as a result...

This is all endgame or major turning point sounding stuff, though, and there is probably a lot of material to be milked from the status quo before that happens

I'm going to call it now; the series ends with the Forgers faking their deaths to live happily together

Or Loid and Yor collectively slaughter their way through everyone who stand in their way of a happy family life. Between Yor's combat power, Loid's spycraft, Anya's mind-reading, Bond's precognition and Scruffy's... something, they could put such a feat.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Catpetter1981 posted:

Or Loid and Yor collectively slaughter their way through everyone who stand in their way of a happy family life. Between Yor's combat power, Loid's spycraft, Anya's mind-reading, Bond's precognition and Scruffy's... something, they could put such a feat.

That's a Thorn Princess solution, though. Twilight prefers subtlety and diplomacy.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

It'll end with them going from the shadows to the spotlight as a show of East and West coming together after they simultaneously save both blocs from all out war and receive medals. Coincidentally, it's when receiving the medals that they find out who each other are.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And then they go on a proper honeymoon together, abandoning Anya*.

*For a week. Scruffy babysits.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yor and Loid are absolutely going to get each other as targets at some point. The only question is if Loid will have enough intel on her by then to not get killed or unmasked in the process.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Yeah I'm kind of imagining a really nasty, knock out, drag down fight that Yor comes out ahead on and stops just before killing him when she finds out it's Loid. It's too juicy not to do.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

How did actual Mr and Mrs Smith go in the end

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I still kinda expect them to introduce a second psychic child at some point, or perhaps even an antagonist character that combines multiple of their abilities.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fangz posted:

an antagonist character that combines multiple of their abilities.

Isn't that the role of Daylight or Dawnstar or Morningglory

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Catpetter1981 posted:

Isn't that the role of Daylight or Dawnstar or Morningglory
Huh, you're right: Daybreak perfectly combines Yor's lack of spying skills, Anya's lack of combat prowess, and Loid's lack of emotional intelligence.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rody One Half posted:

How did actual Mr and Mrs Smith go in the end

After their orgs set them against each other they decided to team up and fought off a kill team. Then got together for real with no secrets and live their best assassin lives.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1462171393643085824?t=ttWPTXxv8Gib_0GgyypQVw&s=19

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

drat this looks good. I can't wait for the anime to fill the hole Princess Principal put in my mind after that season was concluded.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Annointed posted:

drat this looks good. I can't wait for the anime to fill the hole Princess Principal put in my mind after that season was concluded.

I mean, Princess Principal technically isn't over yet. There's been two movies released, with four more in planning. Takes a bit longer to see them than the day and date we get for most anime these days, but there is going to be more content for that.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, Princess Principal technically isn't over yet. There's been two movies released, with four more in planning. Takes a bit longer to see them than the day and date we get for most anime these days, but there is going to be more content for that.

I didn't know there were more films to be released. I'm hyped. I guess I can have Spy x Family as the in between the movies.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
https://twitter.com/_tatsuyaendo_/status/1464926434510532610?s=21

No SpyxFamily this week, we’re getting a one shot instead.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1469034120965730308?t=W6vKzNff4M4JeSCoCNIM-Q&s=19

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Ah, a fellow clip studio paint user. What a wacky layout though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
What hardware is used for that. I see the cursor move a lot but nobody has that godly mouse control

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Jose posted:

What hardware is used for that. I see the cursor move a lot but nobody has that godly mouse control

These videos are usually sped up a bunch.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I know but I'm still curious because I don't believe anyone can draw a whole manga chapter with a mouse

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jose posted:

Probably using a tablet. I've seen Wacom liquid mentioned in interviews with mangaka before.

(Of course, fine control forces me to mention that the mangaka Yoshikazu Yasuhiko is known for not doing roughs whatsoever. Dude just starts sketching until the drawing is done. It's insane.)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Jose posted:

I know but I'm still curious because I don't believe anyone can draw a whole manga chapter with a mouse

Drawing tablet for sure. Hololive''s Ina uses a CINTIQ Pro 24. The guy who makes Ranking of Kings uses a CINTIQ 13HD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Mission 57, in which the aesop never stood a chance.