Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I do agree with the speculation that Yor and Lloyd will be set against each other, though. It's just too perfect. Also Franky should compete with Daybreak for Nightfall's affections :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only thing that I think will happen for sure with Spy X Family is that one or more of Anya's biological parents will be alive still regardless of anything established so far- and you'll know the manga is headed towards the end when they show up.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

They're set against eachother at a masquerade party so even if they meet they don't recognise eachother and only Anya ends up aware.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They have a girl that can read minds and a dog that is a precog, they'll stop it before anything bad happens I 100% guarantee it

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yor's next assignment

"So, our psychic child program was destroyed a year ago, but turns out there might be a survivor after Desmond 'Our Leader' detected psychic brainwaves. Investigate this school for anything unusual..."
"Oh, my stepdaughter goes there, how convenient! No, no, she's my husband's biological dauhter, definitely not escaped from a lab. But that Becky girl has been giving my husband strange looks..."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the problem with yor and loid being set against each other is that yor doesn't wear any sort of disguise. if they meet while working, her secret immediately stops being a secret.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the problem with yor and loid being set against each other is that yor doesn't wear any sort of disguise. if they meet while working, her secret immediately stops being a secret.

Yes, so that’s endgame material. And I don’t think we’re anywhere near endgame

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yor has that Superman effect where no one can recognize her in her killer attire despite not covering her face.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Lloyd can't remember his wife is an assassin if he has a convenient amnesia inducing concussion. Cue Spy x Family devolving into repeated head trauma.

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

Brought To You By posted:

Lloyd can't remember his wife is an assassin if he has a convenient amnesia inducing concussion. Cue Spy x Family devolving into repeated head trauma.
But we already have a Newspaper Spider-Man thread!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Lloyd is so caught up in thought over what happened that he inadvertently eats Yor's cooking. He wakes up a day later with no memory of what has transpired.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yor may not wear a disguise, but she's such an unstoppable, lightning-fast engine of destruction that Loid might not get a proper look at her face anyway. Just a dark, murderous blur.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

If they do get set against each other, it'll be in a situation where they'll need to compete for the same target without knowing it. Twilight will be tasked with protecting someone at a school gathering of some sort, and he'll come up with some contrived excuse to go; Yor will be tasked with eliminating the same person and will also come up with some lame excuse to go to the same event. Cue both of them smiling nervously at each other while pulling off super secret special moves while the other isn't looking. In the end Bond and Anya will *shenanigans* and they'll all go home none the wiser.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are ways for them to come into conflict without coming into contact. i suspect even that much will be used quite sparingly, though.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Theyre gonna kiss while in disguise and Yor’s gonna feel all guilty about it. Twilight is gonna notice this new behavior and think he did something wrong and finally put the moves on his wife (Bond and Anya help a lot), then they will kiss again and they finally figure it out

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
No one is going to figure anything out because then we will have lost the central premise.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
What if Loid just fails to recognize Yor? "Hm, this woman looks like my wife...she also sounds like my wife...but she acts nothing like my perfectly normal wife, so this must some sort of weird coincidence."

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

What if Loid just fails to recognize Yor? "Hm, this woman looks like my wife...she also sounds like my wife...but she acts nothing like my perfectly normal wife, so this must some sort of weird coincidence."

I don’t know man, I think if she nails him he would recognize getting kicked in the head by a meteor kick

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yor figures it out first, so she tries to revert to acting like his wife while trying to land a killing blow on Loid when he isn’t looking. She’s hesitant, so she ends up just missing several times, breaking furniture or forcing Loid to matrix dodge multiple stabbings and slicings.

Loid, for his part, just thinks his wife is being passive aggressive and spends the whole time trying to figure out what’s got her all grumpy.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
While it's fun to theorize about it, I think it's far too early to go for Loid vs. Yor showdown. We still don't know basically anything about who is employing Yor, or how, or why, so I assume this will be about the organization (Garden?), the various characters in it and their relationship with Yor. We were already teased about like 3 of her colleagues in this chapter, I assume that at least one of them will be introduced soon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Loid cannot recognize his wife because her face is completely drenched in blood. (not hers)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Loid will just assume it's an assassin in disguise trying to throw him off by impersonating his wife

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
There has to be a whole pantomime routine where they unknowingly back into each other, but look around in just the right ways so they don't catch sight or bump into one another.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Honestly I think there's decent odds that Franky calling all those contacts might have pinged someone's radar and either they, or he, are the target. Would justify the chapter being mostly about him finding a cat. Or just good old fashion political traitor that needs purging :black101: and we just get more of the organizations structure and hierarchy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's gonna be a "meet the Garden" type arc, we're gonna see all of Yor's wacky fellow assassins!

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's gonna be a "meet the Garden" type arc, we're gonna see all of Yor's wacky fellow assassins!

I expect all of them to be as dorky as her in different ways.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Well we have two weeks to speculate their code names and with Yor's being "Thorn Princess" and I'm banking on the rest of them also having fairytale inspired code names. Gonna say one of the guys is named "Woodcutter" and his last name will ironically be Grimm.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

It certainly seems like it, though I think I might be a little too dumb to understand what exactly is being foreshadowed, unless there's some kind of hidden land where they all speak like Shakespeare, or if there's a research lab where they all speak classically for some reason.

Maybe she can just hear thoughts but not read them.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Well we have two weeks to speculate their code names and with Yor's being "Thorn Princess" and I'm banking on the rest of them also having fairytale inspired code names. Gonna say one of the guys is named "Woodcutter" and his last name will ironically be Grimm.

Alternatively its "plant royalty" for the naming scheme so we get like leaf prince and flower king and uh root queen.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just want lloyd to kiss his wife

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Rody One Half posted:

I just want to kiss Lloyd his wife

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Rody One Half posted:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i just want lloyd to kiss my wife

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Someone show him today's special page because

Rody One Half posted:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zerilan posted:

Powers aside she's pretty smart for her age really to even be keeping up then.

My mom was a first-grade teacher for over 40 years and according to her there's an absolutely massive difference between young first-graders and older ones (mostly in terms of stuff like ability to pay attention and stay focused). There's apparently a huge gap in maturity within the space of just a year or so around that age.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Mission 44 is out... and it turns out that this time Yor's on bodyguard duty.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yor's boss has a splendidly creepy design.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Who else is ready for the Boat Arc?

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Leraika posted:

Yor's boss has a splendidly creepy design.

I had to check to make sure his face wasn't a mask, but he does change expressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I also like the design of Yor's target.

Alacron posted:

Who else is ready for the Boat Arc?

I'm worried :ohdear: