Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Arianya posted:

And Bond, who is perfect.

Yeah. He's perfect.

...We are absolutely getting an arc where, one day, Anya reads Bond's future-mind, sees only a void, and tries to save him from old age.

We're all gonna cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Pet your extraordinarily capable dog, Loid

Desumaytah posted:

Yeah. He's perfect.

...We are absolutely getting an arc where, one day, Anya reads Bond's future-mind, sees only a void, and tries to save him from old age.

We're all gonna cry.

Wow, gently caress you, buddy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is all building up to a tragic scenario partway through where Loid and Yor both die tragically and it flashes forward to the adventures of Super Psychic Assassin Anya and Dangerous Spy Damien as they have dramatic battles.

(Loid and Yor are both alive and well and were merely trapped on a desert island where it took then 15 years to maybe consider the other one might like them. Bond is found alive and of normal size.)

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i personally do not think that the light and fluffy shonen jump series is going to have a long arc about coming to grips with the fact that bringing a pet into your life is also setting a little time bomb of sorrow, or an arc where anya comes to grips with the inevitability of one's mortality and that, ultimately, we die as we live: fundamentally alone.

i think it more likely that we will have an arc where bond competes in a dog show and is given a big ribbon that he proudly wears. that seems more likely, in the balance of probabilities.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tree Goat posted:

i personally do not think that the light and fluffy shonen jump series is going to have a long arc about coming to grips with the fact that bringing a pet into your life is also setting a little time bomb of sorrow, or an arc where anya comes to grips with the inevitability of one's mortality and that, ultimately, we die as we live: fundamentally alone.

i think it more likely that we will have an arc where bond competes in a dog show and is given a big ribbon that he proudly wears. that seems more likely, in the balance of probabilities.

Like I 100% agree with you, but I feel like classifying SxF as 'light and fluffy' ignores the times it randomly gets reallllly dark.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Desumaytah posted:

Yeah. He's perfect.

We're all gonna cry.
then it turns out bond was just wearing a blindfold because they were throwing him a big surprise party

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InspectorCarbonara posted:

then it turns out bond was just wearing a blindfold because they were throwing him a big surprise party

Or he took a big nap.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

besides, precognition is just the only bond ability we are aware of. very reasonable to assume that the shady government experiments also granted him a longer lifespan

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

ImpAtom posted:

Like I 100% agree with you, but I feel like classifying SxF as 'light and fluffy' ignores the times it randomly gets reallllly dark.

Damian's mom being psychologically broken, the daughter of one of the bus bombers getting murdered by the state, Twilight's flashback, the entire core premise of Yor's character, etc.

If this manga gets a time-skip, the dog that was introduced to the story as already elderly is fair game.

I don't expect Spy x Family to turn into some grimdark nightmare parody comic, but Anya growing up is a major through-line in this series, and losing a beloved pet is something most people go through.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 20, 2024

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

stuker posted:

besides, precognition is just the only bond ability we are aware of. very reasonable to assume that the shady government experiments also granted him a longer lifespan

Flash forward to Loid on his deathbed while Bond looks exactly the same. His last thought is "huh. that's weird now that I think about it..."

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

CommieGIR posted:

And hug and encourage your wonderful adopted daughter, Loid.

:hmmyes:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Fat and Useless posted:

I think Damian will eventually come to believe her on his own in time. She's done the correct guess thing a bunch around him and he seems sharp enough to start adding it up or at the very least from now on he'll notice. Mark my works Anya's gun on the table will come into play when Damian needs her to do something important down the road.

Anyway moral of the story is all the couples in this dang manga are cute and you should smooch your significant other Loid.

Odds are if Damian ever comes to believe Anya can read minds, he'll also put together that she knew the bomb collars were fake the whole time, destroying one of the things he actually respects about her.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ZiegeDame posted:

Odds are if Damian ever comes to believe Anya can read minds, he'll also put together that she knew the bomb collars were fake the whole time, destroying one of the things he actually respects about her.

Nah I think Damian would understand she played a scenario as best she could.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

ZiegeDame posted:

Doesn't Anya tell Damian that she overheard they were fake?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a new side chapter, and it's a Bond chapter!
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020698

good ol' Bond. good ol' neurotic Bond.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

What a good boy

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I somehow missed the dress chapter beforehand and it's cute that Anya picked her dress based on Yor's assassin dress

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

saw the movie yesterday and it was generic but enjoyable with of course no bearing on the canon and with a handful of interesting and entertaining animation choices

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
this side chapter made me sad. poor bond

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

a new side chapter, and it's a Bond chapter!
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020698

good ol' Bond. good ol' neurotic Bond.

Good doggo

Man the comments section is neurotic.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Putting dogs in washing machines.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Hopefully it's just a premonition for a future grooming session for Bond, right? :ohdear:

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Combat Lobster posted:

Hopefully it's just a premonition for a future grooming session for Bond, right? :ohdear:

Isn't that scene of the other dogs a memory? I feel like the haziness and drawing style of those images sets them apart from his visions of the future. Is that cross hatching, right? It's different from the rest of the chapter's art in some way.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Curtana posted:

Isn't that scene of the other dogs a memory? I feel like the haziness and drawing style of those images sets them apart from his visions of the future. Is that cross hatching, right? It's different from the rest of the chapter's art in some way.

Yeah it's definitely a flashback.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Plot twist: It is both a flashback and a memory

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
remembering that time he flashedback

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Flashback or prophecy, that scene is still heartbreaking :(

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Crasical posted:

Putting dogs in washing machines.

"Pet spas" is actually a thing, a very questionable thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05AfPBPk30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ-YpzIkj40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfSl0iGAus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVuOCax7wI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Indiana_Krom posted:

"Pet spas" is actually a thing, a very questionable thing:

While randomly clicking through "YouTube Shorts" videos the other day, I came across the cursed genre of "pet chiropractic"

This guy doing horrible things to these dogs and cats as they sit there confused and terrified, and then being like "see? pain gone!"