Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lt. Lizard posted:

Same for Yor, who completely bought that a car chase with gang of criminal is a completely ordinary event in the life of psychiatrist. I love the implication that them being super spy/super assassin their whole lives, their expectations for physical prowess and general competence of an ordinary person is just completely skewered.

"Yes, of course she kicked that grown man through wall, what's so weird about that, everyone can do it, no?" :confused:

Yup yup. As another example, Lloyd thought Franky the Information Broker (a profession that typically doesn't involve any physical exertion or combat prowess whatsoever) could help with fighting the art thieves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super Jay Mann posted:

Yeah it's cute and all but I'm wondering when they're going to tell us what the hook of this whole series is.

Cute boring normal family shenanigans can only carry so far.

If Cute Girls Doing Cute Things slice-of-life manga/anime can draw an audience, why not Cute Family Members Doing Cute Things slice-of-life?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Supersonic Shine posted:

Such a rude husband, making his wife worry like that. I wonder what Loid thinks is the reason behind Yor's inexplicably refined rear end-whooping skills.

Yor had explained that she's taking yoga classes.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raposa posted:

I just read the series and yup, her handler from a young age is The Shopkeeper, but weve only heard the name, never seen who it is.

Watch it turn out to be Frankie, who's being a double-agent for both Westernia and Easternia, and whose real allegiances lie with a third country Northernia.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Billy Watkins (Age Six)."

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope we see more of Bill Watkins (Age Six).

He's as legit as "Jonathan Joestar (Age 12)".

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope we continue to get a new Starlight Anya smugface with every new Anya-focused chapter.

Also, Becky is such a great big sister / friend for going along with "Starlight Anya".

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

amigolupus posted:

Aww yeah, time for Starlight Anya to earn her second Stella Star by infiltrating a gang of rowdy teens to save some good doggos.

I love how the dogs in the pet shop are doing the stereotypical Japanese delinquent pose. The one on the left's even got its head tilted to the side. :allears:

"Me strong"

"Me got big muscles"

:allears:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everyone thinks that the "SPY" in SPY X FAMILY refers to Lloyd.

Then the mangaka actually kills off Lloyd for real in the next chapter and reveals that Anya is the "SPY" for the rest of the series, which becomes a story about a single mother raising her gifted daughter while they struggle with the grief of Lloyd's gruesome death.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super Jay Mann posted:

another 500 chapters

Incidentally, that's also the number of chapters it'll take before Loid and Yoru finally kiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I loved Becky's offhand remark that she named her dog after a tank, which she considers to be in the same general category as a "cute flower or food", all equally suitable for naming a dog.. :allears:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 9, 2020