Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I feel like the status of the school isn't really kept in mind. One side character forgot their homework and isn't falling apart at the thought of failure, Anya was falling asleep in class earlier.

With how intense the test to get to the interview was I feel like the strictness kinda disappeared for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I love how she tried to open the door immediately after determining that it was the one that was the one rigged to explode.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

This magazine is so good. I just wish it updated more often.

Good manga takes time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elfgames posted:

yor nearly killed her brother when she hugged him as a child.

Yor's got that Liam Hoekstra hypertrophy.

Or, if you prefer to keep it in anime, that Mitsuri Kanroji muscle density.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not even the possibility of having a second super spy parent is worth having Gohan's childhood

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Loid's the next DLC character

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zore posted:

I mean it isn't that crazy to be running into people with insanely superhuman skills in their line of work (see: everything about the Tennis tournament). It really seems to have skewed their expectations for what a 'normal' person can do.

Yeah and for her part she then ran off to the mountains to do some Roronoa Zoro training to improve her serve with a giant boulder. Human capabilities are nuts in this world.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

Credit to the series for continuing to defy expectations. Twilight is right, Desmond is a weirdo and kudos to the series for demonstrating quite visually how weirdly inscrutable he is.

The power of biweekly updates.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

It's a Yuri chapter this week no that that kind

What? Oh, oh oh, right, I forgot about him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Loid cannot recognize his wife because her face is completely drenched in blood. (not hers)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think she is going to kill anyone around anya. anya hearing someone's thoughts as they die would be far, far too dark for this story.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Good point. Endo could do a gag where someone only sounds like they're getting killed, though.

At the worst, she is going to hammer throw someone off the ship and they're going to skip across the water like a stone for 20 leagues.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The show could look like Ore Monogatari and I'd be happy with that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yor and Loid are absolutely going to get each other as targets at some point. The only question is if Loid will have enough intel on her by then to not get killed or unmasked in the process.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

how long until Lloyd and Yor drop the pretenses and actually admit their feelings for one another? Before or after the inevitable Mr. and Mrs. Smith arc?

I have no idea why I fell so drat hard for this manga but I’m 100% with it

We are at least 20 chapters away from goodbye kisses as they head to work.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

"Actually my name is Lloyd. Who spells their name Loid?"

Loid's handwriting:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Omobono posted:

Congratulations, you found an otherwise innocent image that can trigger at least 60% of teachers.

His handwriting is just like a barista trying to get your name for an order.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Loid is superhuman, Yor is metahuman.

Loid can do things like turn a corner and be gone by the time you get to where he was and teleport behind you with a knife at your throat. Yor can dice a tennis ball with a racquet. She probably could've turned the ship on her own if something had gone wrong and they had to row for some reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/SpyFamilytweets/status/1524396669193711616

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm getting Happy Mask Salesman energy from this fan art.

https://twitter.com/hutaba_nito/status/1525672323545673728/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A more convenient link to read the update with

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013255

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

amigolupus posted:

What time period is Spy x Family supposed to be? I just thought it was odd that Ostania's got the SSS to the point people are worried about being suspected of espionage, but the country still has punks milling outside or dance clubs for people to go to.

Good question, it's like the Incredibles. It somehow takes place in 1964 while there're orb robots the size of parade floats being flown into towns on a rocket.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just want to remind everyone that regardless of what the date on the calendar is there is a dog that can see the future and a five year old girl that can read minds; and potentially more characters with superpowers beyond Yor that will be introduced as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Cacophanus/status/1537758964125155329

I'm worried now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And the reverse on the other hand

https://twitter.com/iuciferic/status/1546887577252282369

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for a tank to chase Yor into a building only for its cannon to come through the wall pointing back at the body of the tank.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Here's an alternative if you're like me and don't like viz's two panel viewer

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013767

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrFishcorpse/status/1558106374411669504

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Very Wolfenstein the New Colossus situation now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Omobono posted:

It's proxy caring, a level below actually caring but a level above not caring.

Yor genuinely cares about Anya.
Lloyd thinks he's proxy caring about Anya because he needs her for the mission. We all know he's in deep, DEEP denial. Kiss your wife Lloyd.
Yuri only cares about Yor, but he knows Anya is good for Yor right now.
Bond is the best boy, who's the best boy, it's Bond. Of course he cares.

By process of elimination

Nightfall and Franky will save the kids

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If the Red Circus doesn kill Anya, Yuri will do it himself is the take I got from that scene .

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yor's cute, Yuri isn't.

People's opinions of him will flip the second he gets a makeover that leaves him looking like Anya's older brother. (Because she's adorable, and therefore if he was too...)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fabricated posted:

There's a specific group that was exactly like the one the Red Circus guy's daughter was from. It was a student group that started as a peaceful protest group and then basically got murdered by the state. I think you got it but I'm remembering a different name and it's driving me nuts- the group I'm trying to remember never fully radicalized into violence and pretty much got entirely killed.

Any chance you're thinking of the Red Circle from either Riverdale or Archie comics?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Me seeing how every adult outside of the bus besides Yor and Martha handled the situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6U9BuIXrzI

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nobody's entertaining the possibility of aliens, so I'm just going to be the first one to float that one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fangz posted:

Jeez, all this shipping, and it's all just straight ships? How low tier.

Truth be told, with all the covert ops, I'm not entirely sure if non-heterosexual relationships could openly survive in this setting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Martha x Shopkeeper is my OTP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

I appreciate that the thread will never forget Daybreak despite him showing up for a total of one chapter

The Daybreak Everywhere System

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Honestly, the simplest play here would be for Loid to show up right now at the meeting spot looking identical to Wheeler. He doesn't have to do anything refined, just spread chaos and confusion.

Nightfall also does the same as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

I'm surprised Loid let his emotions affect his job here; I think old Loid wouldn't have hesitated to fire. He may get bitten here for his softness although I suspect he's not the one who got shot.

Yuri is an integral part of his disguise, he's like the 3rd on the list of people Loid cannot just aim to kill on sight. #1's one and 2 being Anya and Yor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twilight shoots himself to frame Yuri as him