Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the real beauty is that most any kid who brought those scores home would be sweating regardless. sometimes you don't need to be a psychic to know what your parent is thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
appreciated the excellent dog drifting in the latest chapter. anya learning to corner like a champ

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

we've all been there before, laughing at our unlimited power

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i mean age aside, spending your early childhood being neglected and used as a human experiment in equal turns doesn't exactly set you up for success in a high pressure school environment

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

chiasaur11 posted:

He had a few serialized manga before, too. Tista ran for two volumes in Jump SQ.

He and Shihei Lin, his editor, go way back. They went to New York together to research Tista, they developed the concept for Spy X Family together, and he even assigned Endo to work as an assistant for an up-and-coming kid he had doing a series in Jump+.

That series was Fire Punch.

Basically, Shihei Lin is one of the all time great editors, and if he believes in a writer, he's going to do what it takes to let them succeed, no matter if that's "I think we should go lighter and more family friendly this time. You know, change it up." or "I see no reason your color pages shouldn't be an uncensored lesbian orgy. Go for it."

the idea that spy x family share a direct through line to fire punch is a little disturbing

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i found it to be a highly compelling read, but also intensely unpleasant, and i would prefer if it remained segregated from every other aspect of my life

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
yeah, chainsaw man one spot behind dr. stone is just heartbreaking

good to see spy x family getting some well deserved love though. i'd definitely put it in my personal top 3 for the year

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i just bought the first couple of volumes, and while re-reading the first chapters i just absolutely lost it during their first outing as a family. at one point Yor jumps off the rooftop all three of them are on, and runs down the façade of the building like a ninja, and Loid just goes "boy she's impulsive. well, guess we should go after her" and starts heading down some stairs with anya

his baseline for normal is just incredibly broken

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm happy that anya has a chance to cram too much food into her face

also loid misses his wife

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
anya is very smart

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
sleepy anya is immensely powerful

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
new side chapter

we take a break from yor slaughtering assassins for an cute interlude of yor slaughtering woodland creatures

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
yor, what the gently caress?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
all of the women standing around the apartment and amiably chatting while he talks to the landlady is pure gold

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
franky's radio codename is "king scruffy"? his time babysitting anya is rubbing off on him, the old softy

TwoPair posted:

This was nice but if we're gonna have unusual team-ups then where's my Nightfall & Daybreak team up dammit

can't have a team-up where one member violently murders the other half a second after meeting the other

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
yeah, that's why nightfall got all weepy when she saw loid and yor together, because underneath his deception she could see a small part of him that wasn't faking his feelings

loid needs to kiss his wife

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i believe in starlight anya

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

yeah, same

but they nailed scruffy's va, and that's all that matters

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
new chapter

man, this was a dark chapter, especially as backdropped by current events

luckily the secret best character has arrived to save the day

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

CommissarMega posted:

What was Twilight doing with the wires? I couldn't quite tell.

Tarezax posted:

I think he'd set up a bomb in the phone booth next to the enemy soldier

yeah, i think he rigged something without a proper detonator and was using the wires to complete a circuit to trigger whatever booby trap he had in the phone booth

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

some incredible faces this chapter

it feels like seeing the opposite side of every interaction i ever had with a teacher

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm ready for starlight anya to show her true power now that her back is really in a corner

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
new chapter

gullickson, nooooo! rip

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
wtf, but oddtaxi is rad?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i might be misremembering, because it's been a while since i read the beginning of the series, but doesn't she flashback to a researcher telling her not to reveal her powers? that always suggested to me that if she did escape it wasn't entirely on her own since that isn't something someone who was expecting her to remain in a lab would say

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
was it ever explained why that one g man seemed kind of intent on getting such high ranking hostages killed? i couldn't tell if it was ideological opposition to giving terrorist any leeway or if he had an ulterior motive. maybe it'll be covered in the chapter where they execute all the terrorist gangland style

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, damien's got it bad

and spacesick yor is amazing

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
:staredog: indeed

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's an indispensable chapter because it was the moment scruffy solidified his spot as secret best character

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mirage posted:

Anya's dress is very nice, but I can't imagine putting a "six"-year-old in an off-the-shoulder number without bits sliding off/wonky/sideways after ten minutes.

i know adults that would have that go wonky after less than ten minutes

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
this side chapter made me sad. poor bond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
remembering that time he flashedback