Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Elukka posted:

While not Jurassic Park this is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1yv7Pi78Og

It's like the battle of Hoth, but with dinosaurs.

e: Allosaurus gave no fucks.

The first three Walking With: shows were so loving good there's no competition. When you get BBC's nature documentary camera crew to film in such a way to let the CGI artists mimic modern day animals, the results are drat near perfect. So many dinosaur documentaries come out and they all look like poo poo compared to a series with tv budget CGI from the early 2000s.

Battle at Big Rock was good but I'm still annoyed at the Allosaurus design. It's my favourite theropod and they hosed up the skull shape. It's too long and broad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Outrail posted:

Walking with dinosaurs is a thing already. Watching a documentary about a fake Dino zoo would be a poor shade to a movie about lawyers being eaten by trex.

Prehistoric Park is technically part of the Walking with Dinosaurs BBC documentary series. Apart from the silly gimmick of using time travel to wrangle the prehistoric animals, the rest of the show was filmed like a zoo documentary you'd see on animal planet

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kazak posted:

The potential is through the roof now that dinosaurs are off the island but this was just meh. We've already seen this exact scenario happen in multiple movies, but now there are more kids and a baby

Just recycle the initial pitch for JP 3 where Allan Grant had been going full outdoorsman and observing the raptors on the island, but transplant it on the mainland. Bring back the chaos theory by discussing how introducing new predator prey relations between prehistoric and contemporary animals. You don't need a supervillain selling dinosaurs to terrorists, just human efforts to regulate the species and keep them from displacing indigenous animals.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know I'm overthinking things but I've always wondered what would actually happen if you put dinosaurs millions of years and eras apart into the same ecosystem like Jurassic Park does. Like what chance does a Jurassic Period sauropod have against a superpredator like a T Rex? There were giant sauropods in the Cretaceous but not many in the Rex's hunting range. Or in reverse how would an Allosaurus get along hunting Ceratopsids, like that Battle at Big Rock short film? The movies never really talk about how this artificial ecosystem would struggle from what are essentially dozens of invasive species all competing with each other. As a theme park that's fine, but in the wild on Isla Sorna or now the mainland I'd really like to see how the ecosystems adapt or fail to adapt to new species.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm a ceratosaurus. I'm gonna walk up to the camera and smell your poo and then walk away with no questions asked.

JP3 is weird.