Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
So you’re saying that if it’s one of my favorite movies ever that I should totally buy the books which I’ve never read?

Also the Rex’s roar in the first movie is still one of my favorite sound effects in anything ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Just read the book. It ruled. Even when compared to the movie, Dennis Nedry gets hosed up.

Reading number two, like 10% in and it’s ok so far.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah, Nedry’s death in the book always stuck with me as being crazy. You know, holding his own intestines and all that.

Also similarly Wu getting disemboweled and trying to push the raptor’s head away while it starts eating him.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

FoolyCharged posted:

Crichton really had a thing for disembowelment when he wrote jp didnt he?

I thought it was pretty gruesome at first but the guy has an honest knack for describing people getting hosed up by dinosaurs and that’s awesome.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I enjoyed reading this thread. Mildly interested in reading the book now.

The book is very good.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ante posted:

Yeah that whole raptor nest side story in the book is weird and dumb. None of it makes any sense whatsoever

Yeah I remember getting to that and being like “uhh there’s like 15 pages left in the book what are they even doing?”

Then they didn’t really do anything and a helicopter came.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
“The cameras are back up! Look what these actually interesting raptors are doing!”

Camera goes dark as someone destroyed the nest by firebomb.

Deep thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Imagined posted:

"The same way we knew T. Rex's vision is based on movement."

He didn’t in the book.