Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Look at me, im adulting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

You know, your first time shaving, while making you feel like an adult for the very first time because you’re finally removing that wispy mustache and pube beard from your face that made you think you looked older than you actually were (and because shaving is an adult thing to do), isn’t really the key to feeling like an adult for the very first time.

No, it’s when you have to shave and/or trim your ears, unibrow, and nose hair that you have truly become an adult.

I have to shave my ears regularly or else I look like the werewolves from “The Howling” :smith:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've always had very strong facial hair and it's always sucked rear end because I've never wanted a beard. It's just 100% pure hassle

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I didn't feel like an adult until the first time I went to orgy night at the good swingers club in town (the bad one is all boomers and one guy who furiously beats off in the play room and I think it got bought out by a biker gang recently) and got 5 phone numbers out of it, however my wife got a fully-waxed stalker so I guess it didn't really work out all that great for both of us but whatever my meat-log had a fan club

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Truthfully, I didn't feel like an adult until I satisfied 5 women in the same night either.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I have never and will never feel like an adult. I asked my dad (in his 60’s) the question posed in the thread title and he admitted he feels exactly the same way. The conversation was getting kind of dark, so I started talking about Star Trek, because we’re both autistic. Watched The Inner Light afterwards, cried as much as I always do.

This just means you're still mentally a child. You're like Peter Pan! :)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Another Bill posted:

Truthfully, I didn't feel like an adult until I satisfied 5 women in the same night either.

What, you served them a burger at Arbys drive thru?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I have never and will never feel like an adult. I asked my dad (in his 60’s) the question posed in the thread title and he admitted he feels exactly the same way. The conversation was getting kind of dark, so I started talking about Star Trek, because we’re both autistic. Watched The Inner Light afterwards, cried as much as I always do.

Yeah I see where you're coming from. If anything I despise the adult world, even if I'm technically one myself. I never would want to try to live up to "being an adult" because generally that's a combination of becoming an enthusiastic participant and parasite in our economic system, following all social guidelines and strictures because you're worried about what others think, and just generally being a buzzkill wet blanket that only cares about stupid poo poo and has completely lost the magic of childhood

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

When Toys R Us went bankrupt.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

The first time I bought diapers, after my daughter was born, when I was 17. And I realized just how much diapers cost. And had a complete panic/breakdown realizing how hard life was going to be.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

When I saw an XFL game

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
19 and a new Marine. Nearly every other private around me was either married, a felon, or had trashed credit. I never thought myself as a person with his poo poo together at that point, but compared to them, I kept my poo poo extremely together.

Getting a paycheck to travel the world as a single man with no debt in your early 20's is a hell of an amazing thing.

Post-Desert Storm and pre-911, of course. Since then it's been all WAR WAR WAR.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Play posted:

Yeah I see where you're coming from. If anything I despise the adult world, even if I'm technically one myself. I never would want to try to live up to "being an adult" because generally that's a combination of becoming an enthusiastic participant and parasite in our economic system, following all social guidelines and strictures because you're worried about what others think, and just generally being a buzzkill wet blanket that only cares about stupid poo poo and has completely lost the magic of childhood

:goonsay:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GORDON posted:

19 and a new Marine. Nearly every other private around me was either married, a felon, or had trashed credit. I never thought myself as a person with his poo poo together at that point, but compared to them, I kept my poo poo extremely together.

Getting a paycheck to travel the world as a single man with no debt in your early 20's is a hell of an amazing thing.

Post-Desert Storm and pre-911, of course. Since then it's been all WAR WAR WAR.
yeah pre 9/11 i was actually stupid and naive enough to think it might be cool to join the military or something and get stationed in berlin or hawaii and gently caress around, never actually expecting to see any combat because wars are gone forever! :downs:. ofc i wasn't eligible for another several years but by 9/11 i had figured out military was trash

then again I had a lot of really loving stupid ideas like I thought it'd be cool to work towards a captain position on freighter ships because i loved sea life and boats and sailing around with my crew to different ports would have been fun.

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
Hosting Christmas for what is left of the family.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

when i shot a man

just to watch him die

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The second time they used NARCAN on me

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The first time was still full of child like wonder, you see

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019
Spending an assload of money on top soil and manure for a vegetable garden in our yard. The thought that I was literally buying dirt and cow poo poo was like an eye-opening reminder that yup, I’m a loving adult now and it’s pretty lame.

TeachesOfPeaches fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 31, 2019

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i've always felt like an adult yet i have always maintained my youth

Lossy Compression
Sep 29, 2019

Hooked On A Feeling
Probably having a kid. Close second, renting a car.

At the other end of the spectrum, I looked at a fast food receipt recently and saw I was given a senior discount. I can pass for 55? Sweet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

AKA Pseudonym posted:

About every five years I think to myself "This is what it feels like to be an adult" I'm 42 now so I suppose I'll just keep doing that until I die.

Same, except I'm five years older than you so I guess I'm one cycle ahead.