Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

B-team game where you play as either Sumireko or Kosuzu please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Yeah but I want ANOTHER one <>

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Wolf spirit for best new character

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Looking to make all these (minus hurt sprites) into a gif for avatar purposes but I suck at making gifs and don't know how to do it in a way that isnt really tedious so I'm posting it here on the slim chance that someone can do it for me quicker and better.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

El Burbo posted:

Like, a gif cycling through all of them? I have all the sprites on my computer in a much higher quality so I could do it

Yeah p much. I dunno if imgur compressed the image some but the original I figured were direct sprite rips so I didn't go hunting that long for better ones.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

B'GAAWK!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Fun little fact you may not have known: The pause sound is just a really sped up version of Theme of Eastern Story! (Right click -> Unmute)

https://i.imgur.com/t4ZTWtJ.mp4

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

iospace posted:

Who's the artist?

Looks like Moe Harukawa from FS again, so I'm already into it.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Yeah for the record I thought the artist for this new manga was Moe at first glance but I'm totally fine with someone else doing it. Unless it was ZUN.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

thank u as always clarste.

It seems like it might be a little too much trouble for me navigating the language barrier even with a guide just for some jpegs but maybe I'll like the jpegs.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Google translate gave me this out of the story section:

quote:

Black water was blowing out on the ground. The water gave off a strange odor and couldn't be easily removed when it touched the body. It was not a substitute that could be used as water for daily life.

What sees the black water as evil, sees as good, sees as sacred, sees as evil, sees as natural disaster, sees as economic glory, various speculations, some Then it became a fuss.

However, at a certain event, the back of what was floating will be frozen. In spring water for drinking, in a beautiful clear stream, in a hot spring that is a place of relaxation ... Black water began to spring out regardless of location.

So yeah they struck oil in Gensokyo

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

So it turns out the game isn't a sidescroller like people initially thought? Or do those mechanics only appear in boss battles?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Just throwing my hat into the touhou contributed to my sexual awakening ring. I think for me even beyond the usual shipping of the cast or anything like that, it was being exposed to an artistic aesthetic I had just never encountered before when I was like 13. It sounds cheesy but touhou has a focus on visual beauty that I fell into a deep appreciation for, which made me a lot more willing to exit my comfort zone and explore how I actually felt about expressions of masculinity or femininity and things like that.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

What's the publishing schedule for both new mangas? Monthly?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Tabby Sign ~「Hatred of Mondays」

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 17, 2019

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Everyone speaks really highly of the FMW games but I've never touched them, or really know what they are since I've never played Super Robot Wars either. Can someone elevator pitch me these games and why I'd want to play them? Also how many are in English?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

It would take too long to do all of them since the tier list really includes EVERYONE. so here are the essential touhous. Only the ones you gotta know about. All killer, no filler.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Clarste posted:

I, for one, am sick of alphes. No more alphes-likes, please.

Yeah

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Thanks for recommending Human Gensokyo, I'm really into it so far. The particular kind of subject matter it's dealing in has always rattled me, and that's not something I usually associate with touhou. Also I'm glad Kosuzu is in it.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

I saw recently (I think at something he did at TGS) that ZUN worked on Graffiti Kingdom and it blew my mind because I remember playing it way back when at a friend's place and never thought about it since.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

I hope every month there is yet another revelation about what kind of youkai Miyoi is. The exact opposite of WaHH.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Is this manga just touhou cheers?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Was that recorded recently? Surprised an orchestra would get together like that during the pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 2, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

I made a joke months ago about it being Touhou Cheers but now it really is