Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Wish I didnít get annihilated by Satori every time I play SA

My trick for not feeling old when I play touhous is to never have been good in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I have discovered:

I am too stupid to repeatedly focus and unfocus

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I want a death bomb, but for when I hit the bomb button at the end of a special mode like the flower zone from PCB or the beast mode in the latest game, but do it 10ms late and waste a bomb instead

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Thanks Clarste.

Thlarste.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Hmm I donít see the cool fortune teller murder victim on this list, not sure who should go in the top tier then

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Extra stages are also where ZUN puts the bullshit puzzle cards which werenít fair enough for the main game.

Even so I still donít know how to dodge half the stage 5/6 cards in any of the games Iíve cleared, to be honest, but thatís why the gods invented bombs.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

WarpedNaba posted:

Sanae really hit the jackpot by becoming immortal in her early 20s/late teens.

Not that anyone ages there, but still.

Does Sanae actually not age? Itís not like she looks younger than Reimu now.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

All the main humans in Touhou have been twenty for the last two decades. Zun explicitly stated Touhou runs on "comic strip time".

drat so I've been waiting for "oh it's you" akyuu to get killed off for nothing

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

Check out Human Gensokyo if you haven't.

Oh wow I had no idea this existed and am definitely going to read it once mangadex buys a new computer.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

Check out Human Gensokyo if you haven't.

This is actually ridiculously good. "On the edge of my seat" is a bad place to be for a monthly drama manga but that's where I am now. Thanks for the recommendation!

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I'm enjoying digging through Google translated names once again.

You can do it, fortune telling guy! You may have been killed by Reimu but you can live again in popularity polls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

nyttyn posted:

using this (possible? probable?) last post on these forums and a good touhou forum/corner to shill fantasy maiden wars, labyrinth of touhou 2.

play them, they're good.

also,

mima

I enjoyed fmw1 but dropped off of 2 because there wasnít an English translation patch that translated incidental in-battle lines. However it was still good and I respect the folks who made the patch for their efforts.