Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I choose to believe Saki is one-armed and nobody can tell me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the sumireko game is real and on steam already though?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

That said, I found its extra stage to be one of the easiest in the series. I think ZUN even said that was intentional because that time the extra stage was a continuation of the main plot instead of an only semi-related bonus story?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

If there's one aspect of the PC-98 stuff I want back, it's Reimu's thirst for getting married.

I sincerely doubt ZUN's gonna make the series protagonist straight at this point, and that's on top of his seeming lack of interest in writing romance or romantic comedy.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

being extremely into the idea of being married is a pretty straight thing to be honest

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Looks like Moe Harukawa from FS again, so I'm already into it.

Apparently it's a new artist, at least in terms of doing official manga. Seems like they're active in the Touhou doujin scene and also did manga for Strange Creators already?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I tend to focus on Harukawa primarily because i enjoyed her art style the most and Forbidden Scrollery is my favorite Touhou print work, dunno about the rest of the fandom though.

Honestly, I'm surprised to hear any of the official manga artists' styles would be considered iconic Touhou, I always had the vague impression the official manga were relatively unpopular compared to the wealth of doujin works out there.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad Hirasaka avoided having Okina get up from her wheelchair as some kinda power up thing, I was worried that'd happen.

Good stuff tho.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i like to think the timeline of events means reimu has a spare witch outfit for marisa at her shrine

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i haven't checked out the other doujins published alongside it yet, but the Akyu one's definitely got me intrigued enough to check out the next chapter.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

I, for one, am sick of alphes. No more alphes-likes, please.

Clarste posted:

I declare that the new fad shall be copying Harukawa Moe's style.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Junko is kinda fox-adjacent

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i will not let nazis have touhou

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nages posted:

fellas this might be a controversial statement but here it is:

touhou is good

hosed up, but agreed

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The Kins posted:

Although I suppose it makes sense that it's Taito, since Zun worked there for a while before his games really took off.

didn't ZUN leave taito on bad terms because he committed the unforgivable crime of leaving your job on time and not saying for an extra three hours, so they swamped him with work as punishment until he said gently caress this poo poo and made Touhou instead? or was that a different developer?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHHhQ1iwrbM

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So I've discovered that at some point in time, some people made a patch that makes it so that Antinomy of Common Flowers' netcode is delay-based instead of whatever hellish mess it by default, available here: http://lunarcast.net/aocf.php

Virus scanners seem to insist the exe is a trojan, so a Russian hacker may steal your identity and delete all your doujins, BUT on the flipside I can confirm that European-American matches actually run perfectly smoothly with only minimal delay, upping netplay from "literally impossible unless played with your next door neighbor" to "actually pretty alright".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

here's the touhou lore video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Fi6bV42uI