Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Is that supposed to be Suika swinging her gourd around? Oni just can't leave Reimu alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Finally, a game where Wakasagihime is the real villain

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Is she the god of gacha games?

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Glad to see that Mamizou is still an rear end in a top hat. And the panel with Suika pouring sake into her eye is my new favorite

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Wasn't there a story in one of the mangas about the yamawaro fighting against the kappa? Or am I just thinking of when the kappa held that war exhibition? Either way, characters look cool and cards are even better than I though they'd be.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

EAB posted:

I got Unconnected Marketeers on steam.

Sorry to ask these dumb questions, I swear I googled this poo poo and am still confused. My past experience with touhou games is so little I'm basically a new player. What are spell cards and how do I use them? Is it something I pick up on screen during gameplay that powers me up for a moment? And ability cards, How do I switch ability cards, and do I have to obtain ability cards everytime I boot up the game? Is there any available recommended english patch for the game as well. Thanks for the help yo

Most translations are done through THCRAP nowadays, but they haven't completely finished the translation for UM yet. Still, you can download the patcher from there, the setup is pretty simple and there are guides on the site. As for your other questions:
  • Spellcards are "bombs" and most of them clear the screen of bullets. If you use one while a boss is casting a spellcard (one of those specialiazed patterns with a name), you'll fail to "capture" the spellcard and don't get any bonus points, but remember that survival is more important in the beginning
  • Ability cards are unique for UM: you have to buy them with the yellow money tokens in every game.You can choose one card before starting a new game by pressing the down button on the character selection screen and any previously bought cards will show up on there. By clearing the game once, you also get the option to choose two cards. Apparently you can also get to choose three cards if you get an alternative ending, which you get by buying a special card at the end? Not entirely sure how it works since I haven't played the full version for myself yet.

edit: Oh, and if you haven't changed any of your buttons, spellcards/bombs are activated with X and active cards are activated with C. Some ability cards are active all the time though: passive cards slightly change the game (like expanding your collection radius or making you stronger) while equipment cards give you an optional shot type while firing (like Reimu's homing bullets or Cirno's spread shot).

Carlioo fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 11, 2021

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Rhythm-game wise I think it's pretty good! I'm glad it doesn't force you to play lesser difficulties to get all rewards, which allows you to play at whatever diffculty you prefer. Overworld seems to function like most gacha games: you have errands you can send girls to, there are areas that you have to upgrade in order to get further into the main story, etc. Story seems to be that Gensokyo is broken by dream balls, but Reimu is too lazy to fix it, so Marisa takes Aunn and tries to make everything better by going through old scenarios.

I prefer rhythm game gachas since I don't need some specific card/character to be good at the game itself, and while most rhythm gachas have a stamina system, all I've played still let's you play songs even after you've run out of stamina. Not sure how annoying it'll be to level cards yet, but it seems to be a simple process of either playing songs or doing errands. So uh, so far everything seems good! Dunno how I'll feel about it in a month, which is how long it usually takes for me to get a good understanding of a gacha game, but I'm interested enough to stick with it and keep playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Clarste posted:

Yuuma Toutetsu Species: Toutetsu Power: To absorb anything

A divine beast in the form of a lamb. Through greed and gluttony, she can swallow anything whole, physical or spiritual, organic or inorganic. Furthermore, by swallowing something she gains an understanding of it, and gains its power. Her personality also seems to be influenced by what she eats.

hosed up that kirby is now a touhou