Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I think the last Touhou game I played was Mountain of Faith or UFO. I want to try the new ones but I think I actively avoid it because it will make clear how much my mind and reflexes have slowed since I was younger, which will be a stark reminder of my own mortality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

This thread made me boot up Imperishable Night for the first time in a decade to get back into danmaku and now I'm pricing out the parts for a custom stick build.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

El Burbo posted:

The GDQ thread hates Touhou so I’m unsurprised someone would just drop that statement unchallenged

How can one hate Touhou

Not interested yeah, but

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Squiddycat posted:

I'm glad touhou is still going strong even though I've aged into my thirties and it's not cool for me to like touhou anymore

says who

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

What's the performance like on the Switch version of Luna Nights compared to the PC version? It's on sale for the same price on Steam and the Switch store so if it runs as smoothly on the Switch the portability would be nice over the holidays.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

sb hermit posted:

You gotta be kidding me. I held out for luna nights on switch ever since it was announced. I remenber relenting and getting it for PC and it was good, but it feels like something made for handhelds.

If you get it, let us know how the performance is. Maybe I'll get it twice or gift it to someone.

Picked it up yesterday and it runs perfectly as far as I can tell. I thought it was gonna be like Symphony of the Night so it's a lot shorter than I was expecting, but I had a lot of fun with it. I just have the postgame boss to beat now but I have to take a break since I haven't played a video game in a while so my thumb is sore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Finished the extra stage and now I'm sad there isn't any more. It's the right amount of challenging that was fun and exhilarating while still possible for me to do with reflexes that are getting dulled with age. I had to fiddle with the controls a bit but found something that worked that didn't make my hands go numb.

I really need to get around to building a dedicated stick for bullet hell shooters. I haven't been able to play any of the mainline games in a while because my hands go numb after a while with a controller or keyboard, but I'm able to perform close to how I used to with my fightstick. It's alright with a Kowal oversized actuator and an octagon gate to shorten the JLF's throw, but it's annoying to swap the parts out all the time and I hear Seimitsu makes a really tight stick for arcade shooters.