Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Something Awful is a comedy website and anime forums. People have to pay anime money to join the forums to talk with other people around the anime world. It currently costs $9.95 (Dollars) to join. You must be very polite on these forums, because the anime people are sensitive. They say that paying money makes anime people behave more politely, because if you don't behave nice they take away your anime account and you lose your anime money. [1]

Something Awful was started by Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka, an anime, in 1999.

In March, 2008 Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka left forums management to Kevin "Fragmaster" Bowen, in order to focus on operating the main site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun is a person's time of refreshing his or her body and mind.

There are many different forms of recreation which are shaped by individual interests and by environment; a few examples being reading, playing or listening to music, watching movies or TV, drinking, gardening, smoking weed, posting, hunting, hobbies, sports, yobbing, studies, and travel.

Public places such as parks, BYOB and beaches are very important for many recreational activities.

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Dogs are sometimes referred to as "man's best friend" because they are kept as domestic pets and are usually loyal and like being around humans. Dogs like to be petted, but only when they can first see the petter's hand before petting; one should never pet a dog from behind.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Katana was very important in Japanese society. This sword was thought to be the "soul" of its master. Only a samurai was allowed to have a katana. A simple man with a katana sword could be killed at once.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Sonic the Hedgehog is a video game character. He is a 15-year old[1] blue hedgehog who can run at the speed of sound. By curling into a ball and spinning quickly, he can do a helpful "Spin Attack" which he uses to defeat the villains and save the day. He has been in many games made by the company Sega, but also in television series, books and comics (published in America by Archie Comics). He has many friends, including Miles "Tails" Prower, a two-tailed fox that can fly by spinning his tails very quickly or Knuckles the Echidna (who is strong, and has been in Sonic games since Sonic the Hedgehog 3). With them, he fights against his arch nemeses Doctor Eggman, an evil scientist attempting to conquer the world.

nut

The matrix reloaded is a movie. bad.

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

The matrix reloaded is a movie. bad.

There is a lot of symbolism in The Matrix. Common sources are Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism (the concept of maya), the ancient philosopher Plato and Plato's Cave, modern philosophers such as René Descartes, and modern authors such as William Gibson.

Descartes says that maybe humans are brains in jars. A monster is maybe tricking humans. The monster makes humans believe that they are in the real world, but actually humans are simply brains. Humans cannot know what is real.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Grasses are an important food for many animals, like deer, buffalo, cattle, mice, grasshoppers, caterpillars, and many other grazers. Unlike other plants, grasses grow from the bottom, so when animals eat grass they usually don't destroy the part that grows.[2] Without grass, dirt can wash away into rivers (erosion).

google THIS

Examples of memes

Technology: cars, paper-clips, etc. The progress of technology is a bit like genetics, because it has spread by 'mutations' or changes to progress. For example, many paper-clip designs have been made. Some last longer than others, and some look better than others. In the end the ones that are copied are a memetic success.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Heather Papps posted:

Grasses are an important food for many animals, like deer, buffalo, cattle, mice, grasshoppers, caterpillars, and many other grazers. Unlike other plants, grasses grow from the bottom, so when animals eat grass they usually don't destroy the part that grows.[2] Without grass, dirt can wash away into rivers (erosion).

Nothing wrong with growing from the bottom

Heather Papps

hello friend

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Nothing wrong with growing from the bottom

started from the bottom now where here, started from the bottom now the whole team dissapeared,
growing from the bottom now where here, started from the bottom and a cow ate our heads.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Joke
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A joke is something told to make people laugh. There are many kinds of jokes; they can be questions with surprising answers or stories with unexpected endings. The humour of a joke comes from the surprise.

Jokes can be about anything. Jokes can be found anywhere: on the Internet, in books or heard from friends. Some jokes are about certain types of people and can hurt people's feelings, for example if they are racist or sexist.

Jokes are used in comedy, plays and movies.

Jokes could take the form of sarcasm or even try to poke fun at something to get a point across. People sometimes get hurt by jokes at them. If a joke is used to show a problem in someone's thought, it is normally called satire.

cda

by Hand Knit
There are many slang words for penis. They include dick, cock, and schlong. Sometimes it is called the male member.

If a man's penis skin changes color and he doesn't know why, he should go to a doctor. He could have an infection, diabetes or cancer.[10] A sunburn on the penis can happen quickly. If a man is outside without clothes, he will get a sun tan. That is normal. Too much sun causes a sunburn. Doctors say to use sunscreen (sun cream) before and after nude swimming. A sunburn can happen in a few minutes on a very sunny day.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

google THIS

The buttocks are two parts of the body. They are on the back of the pelvic area and give padding when people sit. They can also arouse human sexuality.

Buttocks are formed mainly from two large muscles on each side. These are the gluteus maximus and the glutius medius. They go from the hip to the top of the leg, so they are not there just for decoration. The role of the buttocks in sitting and in sexual arousal are secondary functions in our species.[1]

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

welp, I looked up "anus" thinking it would be funny and there was a photo of a lady spreading her butt cheeks. thanks, simple english wikipedia.

cda

by Hand Knit

welp, I looked up "anus" thinking it would be funny and there was a photo of a lady spreading her butt cheeks. thanks, simple english wikipedia.

lol

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
The caption for the photo is: A female human anus that has been bleached

which is pretty funny, i think

----------------

nut

The word supernatural is used for things that some people believe are real, but that are not part of nature. Because we cannot prove whether these things are real, people often disagree about these things.

Some say that we should talk about things without talking about the supernatural, because we cannot prove that supernatural things are real. Other people say that although we cannot prove supernatural things in a scientific way, they are real.

The entry for supernatural is like posting in byob

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

cda posted:

it is very funny, and would have been more so if I had not been at work.

nut

:psyduck:

cda

by Hand Knit

Haha

google THIS

cda posted:

the buttocks page included both male and female examples, for comparison

Escape From Noise

Was hoping the entry for Jesus would basically be the lyrics to the King Missile song Jesus Was Way Cool but this was a good snippet

Several Jewish and Roman historians, such as Flavius Josephus, Tacitus,[note 1] Pliny the Younger, and Suetonius include Jesus in their writings. They usually only tell of his execution or problems between the Roman government and his followers; they do not talk about his life, since his life was not a problem they had with Jesus.

Escape From Noise

Alvin Nathaniel Joiner (born September 18, 1974 in Detroit, Michigan), known by his stage name, Xzibit, is an American rapper, actor and television host. He is known for hosting the MTV television show Pimp My Ride. He has also appeared in many movies as well. He is currently working on his seventh studio album, Napalm.[1] He has also become an internet meme.[2]

Goons Are Gifts

Wet dreams are natural and harmless. They do not mean that anything is wrong with you. Many men stop having wet dreams if they masturbate often or once they begin having sexual intercourse on a regular basis.

Escape From Noise

*Ahem*

Onan (Hebrew: אוֹנָן‎, Modern Onan, Tiberian ʼÔnān ; "Strong") is a person in the Bible. He is in the Book of Genesis, chapter 38. He was the second son of Judah. Like his older brother, Er, Onan was killed by Yahweh. Onan's death was because he was "evil in the sight of the Lord" for being unwilling to father a child by his widowed sister-in-law.

Manifisto

Irony is a term for a figure of speech.[1] Irony is when something happens that is opposite from what is expected, unless the thing is actually what is normally expected but the listener thought irony would be used. It is also possible for irony to be used when the listener is expecting false sincerity in place of irony, in which case the irony is used ironically, which some people would call sincerity. And so on.

Irony can often be funny, but it is also used in tragedies. There are many types of irony, including those listed below:

Zipline irony, in which a zipline constructed for children turns into a death machine
Home construction irony, in which non load bearing materials are used in a load bearing fashion, and stairs are unnecessarily insulated
Sig irony, in which overly large sigs are used for humor
Byob irony, in which people are very very nice to hide the fact that they are actually pretty nice
Fyad irony, which nobody "gets"

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

Irony is a term for a figure of speech.[1] Irony is when something happens that is opposite from what is expected, unless the thing is actually what is normally expected but the listener thought irony would be used. It is also possible for irony to be used when the listener is expecting false sincerity in place of irony, in which case the irony is used ironically, which some people would call sincerity. And so on.

Irony can often be funny, but it is also used in tragedies. There are many types of irony, including those listed below:

Zipline irony, in which a zipline constructed for children turns into a death machine
Home construction irony, in which non load bearing materials are used in a load bearing fashion, and stairs are unnecessarily insulated
Sig irony, in which overly large sigs are used for humor
Byob irony, in which people are very very nice to hide the fact that they are actually pretty nice
Fyad irony, which nobody "gets"

Heather Papps

hello friend

Cannabis is a genus of plant. There are three species: Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, and Cannabis ruderalis.

The cannabis plant's flowers contain a chemical or drug known as THC (short for tetra-hydro-cannabinol). Smoking or eating the flower can make a person feel euphoric (very good) or sleepy.

People in the Persian Empire (what is now Iran) would light giant campfires made of cannabis, exposing themselves and other neighbors to the smoke. The ceremony was known as "the booz-rooz."[6]

Effects

When a person inhales cannabis smoke or consumes cannabis, he or she may get a feeling called "getting high" or "getting stoned". Cannabis's most common effects include feeling happy, relaxed, tired, silly or scared; having many ideas about what to do; not being able to think clearly (or remember some things at all); and getting hungry (also called getting "the munchies"). Smoking cannabis changes how people think and feel, making it either harder or easier to solve some problems. Some people who take cannabis feel strange or paranoid (worried that something bad is going to happen).

Hashish (dried resin) is much more concentrated than cannabis (it includes both leaves and flowers). Because of this, people who take large amounts of hashish may feel even stronger effects. They may also see things or hear things that do not exist (these are called hallucinations). They may also have strange thoughts. Some hashish users like the feeling of these visions and thoughts, while others may find them scary. However, people rarely get hallucinations after smoking or eating cannabis.

Escape From Noise

Fresca is a drink produced by Coca-Cola Company. It is made of citrus. The drink is similar to Squirt from 7UP company.

That is the article in its entirety.

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Fresca is a drink produced by Coca-Cola Company. It is made of citrus. The drink is similar to Squirt from 7UP company.

That is the article in its entirety.

holy poo poo you win

Heather Papps

hello friend

somehow seeing the hyperlinks makes it funnier to me?

Escape From Noise

It definitely reminds me of WikiHow in many ways.

Escape From Noise

Hip hope is a type of culture/art style that started in the 1970s. It began in Jamaican American, African American, and Latino American urban areas in some of the larger cities of the United States. 

Nobody is editing this.

Escape From Noise

"Electric Avenue" is a reggae song released by Guyanese singer Eddy Grant on his Killer on the Rampage album in January 1983. It is a reggae, synth-pop, new wave, and disco song. Grant wrote and produced the song himself.

Escape From Noise

Okay. One last post. Sorry. It just looks like a report written by a disinterested middle school student.

James Brown (May 3, 1933 – December 25, 2006) was an American R&B and funksinger.[1] He was known as the "Godfather of Soul".

He was born in Barnwell, South Carolina and grew up in Augusta, Georgia. Brown was arrested by police on many occasions. When he was 16, he was convicted of armed robbery, for which he spent three years in a youth detention center.[2] His other convictions include assaults.

Four of Brown's albums were in Rolling Stonemagazine's 2003 list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. Brown's most well known song is "Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine".

In 2006, Brown died of pneumonia and heart disease in Atlanta. There was a public memorial service at Apollo Theater. Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and Prince were there. In 1993 Brown was in The Simpsonsepisode Bart's Inner Child.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Nineteen Eighty-Four is a novel written by George Orwell in 1948. The book is about what Orwell thought the world could have looked like in the year 1984.

a human being sat down and wrote this and said, yes, this is good writing for idiots to read, but somehow this is like this is the most perfectly constructed joke i have ever seen in my life. i am getting this loving inscribed across my chest in all caps impact bold font tomorrow

Escape From Noise

The entry for Atlas Shrugged on the other hand is depressingly thorough...

Heather Papps

hello friend

The book is very famous. Many of its ideas are also famous. Among these are Big Brother, Newspeak, Room 101 and unperson. In 2005, Time (a magazine) called it one the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to 2005.

send help please this is killing me oh my loving goodness gracious

Heather Papps

hello friend

Arrakis is a planet that is almost covered in desert. This large desert is very dangerous because it does not have potable (drinkable) water, but mainly because giant worms live in the sand. There are many groups of native humans living there - they are called the Fremen. The Fremen have many rituals that keep water safe. This is important, or they would all die of dehydration (too little water to stay alive).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit

Heather Papps posted:

Nineteen Eighty-Four is a novel written by George Orwell in 1948. The book is about what Orwell thought the world could have looked like in the year 1984.

lol