Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

maybe you should figure out how your role works first. also unless you think I can visit two people at night and/or are scum with nep..

I honestly just saw Nep results about people visiting me, and don't fully understand the redirect. my own role is very simple.

I had or have one stack of BP. I believe it's been expended.

I'm an even night vig. I didn't use my vig to not kill Paul.

If Paul doesn't LR the next even night. I'll be killing one of the people on Nep's list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nep didn't watch you. I didn't target you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I need to re-read a few players. My picks for scum are probably gulag bird and pod

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I need to re-read a few players. My picks for scum are probably gulag bird and pod

you all need to take a break and like. unfuck yourself from christmas sugar poisoning or whatever this is.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm not entirely sure if that's what went down or not so to be thorough I will state that I chose to target AA (apparently I wasn't stuck on squiggly like I thought, the action failing outright must have not counted).

I saw the following people visit:
-Myself (?) I am confused as to why but that's out there
-Sandwolf
-Gulag
-Humalong

Nep-Nep posted:

To the people I saw visiting AA: Did you pick squiggly? If so then I submitted a night action for nothing and made the wrong assumptions about what that meant

GulagDolls posted:

you all need to take a break and like. unfuck yourself from christmas sugar poisoning or whatever this is.

Admittedly, my eyes have kind of glossed over on some of the larger posts. I think I follow these "variant" mechanics well enough however.

##unvote

I'll do a re-read tonight.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
One of Nep and Leith is lying.

If Nep is lying, then they're an idiot and didnt include in their list they made up a person that claimed they visited Paul in the thread before they posted.

If Leith is lying then Paul is likely also lying.

Thinking through this, I find it more likely that Leith and Paul are lying.

##vote Leith

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just gonna put it out there - I think AA is lying about being the NK target last night. In what world does scum use an immune-to-redirect kill to target not the cop, not the watcher, not the rolecop, not the tracker, but instead to target the even-night vig who's openly claimed a stack of bulletproof?

I was already suspect on the even-night-vig claim who was also bulletproof (which is an easy fakeclaim), and it's very convenient that the bulletproof gets popped immediately on a night when nobody dies and the lightning rod was in play.

AA is also in the list of people who could possibly have done the N1 NK, you may recall. Thoughts?

(This still leaves the inconsistency between Nep and Leith in question and I don't want to lose sight of that, but this is worth calling out.)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nothing he is saying makes sense. the only line of logic that can save him is the mystery delayed kill option. let's see if he goes for it..

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

To be fair, nep's claim for night action results is "I watched AA and here is who visited them."

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm not entirely sure if that's what went down or not so to be thorough I will state that I chose to target AA (apparently I wasn't stuck on squiggly like I thought, the action failing outright must have not counted).

I saw the following people visit:
-Myself (?) I am confused as to why but that's out there
-Sandwolf
-Gulag
-Humalong

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yes. I didn't target him. therefore nep didn't watch him.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

yes. I didn't target him. therefore nep didn't watch him.

Errr...the current understanding of night actions is:

Nep targetted AA and got redirected to Paul, and those are the people that targeted paul.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

YES. NEP DIDNT WATCH HIM

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the funniest theory is that AA and nep are just two very bad liars

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Errr...the current understanding of night actions is:

Nep targetted AA and got redirected to Paul, and those are the people that targeted paul.

:goofy:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I reread the flipped scum for town calls and there’s pretty much only this:

Mr. Steak posted:

im taking the fact that gulag hasnt voted aa as a sign that aa is town.

gulag is the aa diviner, after all

also steak was super obsessed with me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
living inside your head, rent-free son

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Okay, let's do a big chart so people can stop being confused:

Roleblocker (amni) - Withheld Action
Tracker (pod) - Withheld Action
Even Day Vig (AA) - withheld action

backup (Bernie) - No action to take

Hider (Squiggly) - No idea

Watcher (nep nep) - Targetted AA, was redirected to Paul via Lightning Rod effect. Results:
-Sandwolf
-Gulag
-Humalong

Rolecop (Leith) - Targetted AA, redirected to Paul via Lightning Rod effect. Results:
-Precinct Gossip (Lightning Rod)

Bodyguard (Gulag) - Hasn't claimed who they targetted.

Cop (Humalong) - Didn't target Paul but thinks they got results on paul

Messenger/Lightning Rod (Paul) - Sent a Message to AA

Prop Cop (Sandwolf) - Didn't target paul, but was redirected, fould out paul has a water bottle.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

I'm just gonna put it out there - I think AA is lying about being the NK target last night. In what world does scum use an immune-to-redirect kill to target not the cop, not the watcher, not the rolecop, not the tracker, but instead to target the even-night vig who's openly claimed a stack of bulletproof?

I was already suspect on the even-night-vig claim who was also bulletproof (which is an easy fakeclaim), and it's very convenient that the bulletproof gets popped immediately on a night when nobody dies and the lightning rod was in play.

AA is also in the list of people who could possibly have done the N1 NK, you may recall. Thoughts?

(This still leaves the inconsistency between Nep and Leith in question and I don't want to lose sight of that, but this is worth calling out.)

You've been lowkey pushing me for the majority of the game even before any claim. This feels like you trying to establish a long term narrative. Let's keep in mind you p much drove the lunch on tuppence and when he claimed something not easily lunchable you pivoted onto Dancer who just so happened to be 3P.

You don't exactly look great, and hiding behind your mechanic posting is a great cover for you to continue leading town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

Okay, let's do a big chart so people can stop being confused:

Roleblocker (amni) - Withheld Action
Tracker (pod) - Withheld Action
Even Day Vig (AA) - withheld action

backup (Bernie) - No action to take

Hider (Squiggly) - No idea

Watcher (nep nep) - Targetted AA, was redirected to Paul via Lightning Rod effect. Results:
-Sandwolf
-Gulag
-Humalong

Rolecop (Leith) - Targetted AA, redirected to Paul via Lightning Rod effect. Results:
-Precinct Gossip (Lightning Rod)

Bodyguard (Gulag) - Hasn't claimed who they targetted.

Cop (Humalong) - Didn't target Paul but thinks they got results on paul

Messenger/Lightning Rod (Paul) - Sent a Message to AA

Prop Cop (Sandwolf) - Didn't target paul, but was redirected, fould out paul has a water bottle.

Why did Pod withhold a tracking action?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

>bulletproof
>untargetable guy
>bodyguard

this doesn't make sense.

an even-night vig with bp??? I'm a bodyguard with NO shots of bulletproof.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i smell desperation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

i smell desperation.

If you say so, detective but you've been pretty inconsistent in your own opinions as well.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

>bulletproof
>untargetable guy
>bodyguard

this doesn't make sense.

an even-night vig with bp??? I'm a bodyguard with NO shots of bulletproof.

Neither does watcher, tracker, lightning rod variants, but here we are in a game we don't have all the pieces to. Don't game the mod with your unfounded speculation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I was also in p early on steak and intended to kill him or birb n2 before realizing Paul had done things that would make this impossible.

Gulag, you yourself seem to have cast suspicion on most players int he game. You had some earlys uspicion of steak that looks like bussing given how quickly you let up that case on Steak and didn't swing back around on steak until his lunch became unavoidable.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I still need to re-read pod, i'm not entirely convinced on gulag but this latest swath of posting mixed with their scattered waffling opinions from early on looks pretty scummy, imo.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no, i haven't, and it would be a funny bit if you tried to substantiate any of that.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i would really like squiggly to be scum because that would mean steak told the truth but we may just to have start unraveling things by killing nep.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gulag did you get redirected to Paul you think

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I was also in p early on steak

lol no you weren’t

I don't suspect the messages are fake, but I do suspect one of these two might be lying about their motives in claiming messages, favoring birb given his unwarranted vote on Steak.

You are the suspect in question, and I'm the chief. Also, I just wanted gulag to clarify that the message and vote were unrelated, and when he did. I voted birb for his bad vote on you.

##vote AA

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d vote Squiggly, he’s usually more active at this point

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'd vote him for the meme but we have bigger fish to fry

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Leith Maclaine posted:

Reaching out to Mod to make sure a certain word was not accidently left out of my results.

Mod says my results should have included the word variant.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why isnt the mod answering my questions. wtf.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Gulag,

It took 30 minutes for a yes no response to my mod question and then I asked a follow up an hour again and still haven't heard back. Probably RL busy.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Correction:

follow up an hour ago and still haven't heard back. Probably RL busy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
stop talking to the mod (except gulag)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bernstrike posted:

lol no you weren’t

##vote AA

On the actual vote that got him lunched i was. Check your facts better, rookie

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

gulag can you explain

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

gulag can you explain

I am not immune to the lightning rod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo