Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Begins next day hammering hard on my claim early on and reinforcing his suspicion on me.

I think he's making an easy push based on my claim. I do feel that my protection was popped and that a scum kill some how ended up targeting me whether it be a 2nd redirector or some other undisclosed mechanic. I feel like this has been staged and Podima hasn't actually really been all that helpful lunching scum. His kind of fake call outs on steak and then unvoting him at -2 looks real suspect. I feel good about this vote. I made my crumbs early and deliberately. I claimed my actions and support any and all investigations.

I cannot kill tonight as it is now an odd day, but if I live and Podima lives to the fourth night. I intend in full to kill him.

##vote Podima

Yea, definately happy with voting for AA after this one.

I'm unsure how you can say pod made fake call outs aagainst steak when Pod was the one to discover the busdriver bullshit, making Steak a guranteed dunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You know, rereading that quote again, I bet AA is a godfather in line with his police chief fakeclaim given how hard he leans on "yes, investigate me!"

Anyways I'm neutral on Humalong being allowed to cop, but my misgivings are largely due to setup speccing/gaming the mod (it would be very on brand to have cop as a scum fakeclaim in the "everyone's a cop" game) rather than his gameplay (especially his interactions with Steak). Up to Paul on that one really.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Podima posted:

police chief fakeclaim

:smugmrgw:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Squiggly posted:

Hello friends

I went home for Christmas for the first time in 5 years and I've been a bit busy. Drinking mainly

Haven't read anything and won't until Saturday earliest as that's my flight. Hope you all have had a happy holidays as well!

town mindset should be wishing spite upon all of us. wanting happiness for others is a scummy motivation

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

You know, rereading that quote again, I bet AA is a godfather in line with his police chief fakeclaim given how hard he leans on "yes, investigate me!"

Anyways I'm neutral on Humalong being allowed to cop, but my misgivings are largely due to setup speccing/gaming the mod (it would be very on brand to have cop as a scum fakeclaim in the "everyone's a cop" game) rather than his gameplay (especially his interactions with Steak). Up to Paul on that one really.

You claim to have something that can catch me in a lie. Use that then.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like ive got nothing to hide. Use whatever investigation ypu want. Lie detectors, whatever mumbo hoopla unverified bullshit you claim to have, a brutal hug. Whatever.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Where’s Paul?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Almost everyone is lurking. I assume because it’s the weekend in between a bunch of major holidays? I’m bored at work, entertain me with more bizarre cases.

Someone go full Pander and draw circles on screenshots of posts

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Almost everyone is lurking. I assume because it’s the weekend in between a bunch of major holidays? I’m bored at work, entertain me with more bizarre cases.

Someone go full Pander and draw circles on screenshots of posts

We got a good chunk of activity, I think we're waiting to see what squig posts and for Paul to do his votes. Otherwise I'm pretty sure it's quiet because for most people the day is over?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think we are hardly at for most people the day is over.

What a premature blanket statement for town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

We got a good chunk of activity, I think we're waiting to see what squig posts and for Paul to do his votes. Otherwise I'm pretty sure it's quiet because for most people the day is over?

We all know what Squiggly is going to post

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Im certain its Amni and Pod for final two scum.

Pod would hem and haw about his ability that he probably doesn't even have.

The case on me is entirely feeling based and completely unsubstantiated.

Where as ive pointed directly to places where Pod should be implicated in scum activity.

Ive cited specific.examples and im not afraid of any type of investigation or watching or tracking because i have nothing to hide.

If you have other ways of inferring my alignment outside of a cop result like you claim, do it.

Are we going to let the nebulous evidence providing claim float on by and lunch me on gut feels... sounds like an obvious scum push.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sandwolf posted:

Where’s Paul?

One, Paul needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Paul's not in the thread, all the other players should be asking "Where's Paul"? Three--

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I would point out that Pod's response to me noticing something odd was to claim a second ability. I am not sure why a tracker would also have watcher's abilities when we have a watcher.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I am going to re-review the thread, vote who I would like to see lunched today, and also vote for every other player minus the ones that are very confidently confirmed as USEFUL town roles. Everyone else gets locked down.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I saw squiggly enter the door to the criminal egg chambers.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Pod would hem and haw about his ability that he probably doesn't even have.

The case on me is entirely feeling based and completely unsubstantiated.

Where as ive pointed directly to places where Pod should be implicated in scum activity.

Ive cited specific.examples and im not afraid of any type of investigation or watching or tracking because i have nothing to hide.

If you have other ways of inferring my alignment outside of a cop result like you claim, do it.

Are we going to let the nebulous evidence providing claim float on by and lunch me on gut feels... sounds like an obvious scum push.

So, either you're town, which would suck, but losing an even day vig isn't awful from a role perspective and it'll confirm that scum have a way to bypass the lightning rod, meaning that Paul won't be needed to spam votes since it doesn't net anything useful, AND we're be able to analyze cases against you with the new evidence.

Or you're scum, and this is a last ditch effort to save yourself.

Since your defense so far has been, "Look, I'm town, investigate me to clear me, or do a role-cop on me, or *anything* to keep me alive" I'm really not buying you as town.

The reason I'm voting you is that your case on Pod has a heavy OMGUS flair to it, based on this concept that Pod wants *you* specifically dead and has been working since day 1 to create a narrative to push you out of the game, and is ignoring the fact that we caught steak *because* pod claimed their item out of the blue to catch steak as the bus driver, and you're claiming that Pod unvoting steak when people asked to make sure that we didn't have someone ninja a hammer in as a scum tell...I'm just really not getting it.

If you *are* town, give opinions that aren't based on some kind of narrative push against you, so we have them for the future.

Since I'm pretty sure you're scum, sorry that night action bingo ruined the game for you, and hopefully the next one goes better.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What if scum can’t get around the lightning rod

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Scrap that, forgot a detail

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

What if scum can’t get around the lightning rod

The AA is lying about losing bulletproof, and thus not likely to be town?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

The AA is lying about losing bulletproof, and thus not likely to be town?

? This why?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Is this a slip?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That was an assumption and i made that clear. I received flavor.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

Is this a slip?

How could that be a slip

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

If scum don't have a way of bypassing the Lightning Rod, then there are two solutions.

1.) You're lying about losing your bulletproof because the only person that could have visited you was paul, our lightning rod/messenger.

or

2.) Paul is a Lightning Rod / Messenger that can kill longside sending their message and is scum.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Leith Maclaine posted:

I would point out that Pod's response to me noticing something odd was to claim a second ability. I am not sure why a tracker would also have watcher's abilities when we have a watcher.

It's expressly not a Watcher-type ability, FWIW - there's no conflict with what Nep's claimed. It's a passive ability - hence why I have not acted the last two nights, and why I'm fine to be lightning rodded again today.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I am going to re-review the thread, vote who I would like to see lunched today, and also vote for every other player minus the ones that are very confidently confirmed as USEFUL town roles. Everyone else gets locked down.

You'll see this on your reread, but I posted my thoughts on this earlier in the game day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

farts, this day is over

##vote AA

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

farts, this day is over

##vote AA

Not until Paul votes it isn't?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

AA must watch his friends die and repent before the Police Messiah. Squiggly is the one who is going to use a super nexus power to ruin our stupid plans.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

Not until Paul votes it isn't?

great you can wait for that, it’s obviously AA (thanks for letting us know there are two scum left)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

AA must watch his friends die and repent before the Police Messiah. Squiggly is the one who is going to use a super nexus power to ruin our stupid plans.

I’m all about it gulag but no one seems interested in voting Squiggly because he’s uh, checked in and then dipped, never to return

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

great you can wait for that, it’s obviously AA (thanks for letting us know there are two scum left)

I dont disagree on AA but unless you think the lightning rod isnt helping, pushing a lynch ahead of Paul activating the ability is a scum move.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

And what is the case on Squig? Because it feels like a push for a lurker lynch when there is a pretty valid case on AA?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Steak told me. Also, I don't know how to tell you this, but I think Squiggly....might want to kill you.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Well steak is/was scum, so I'm not gonna take his statement as gospel.

And I'm pretty sure there are multiple people that want to kill me, all of them can't be scum.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

steak can't lie to me. I speak his language.

yeah, but one can. and it's him!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Are you a medium gulag?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Seems like a full strength gulag to me

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Are you a medium gulag?

I work through Him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Not much to add but I think Podima looks clean with regards to how the whole Steak thing went. Reading the full context around it it's baffling to think that Podima would've gone so aggressively after his own teammate that way if he were scum. In this hypothetical where Podima is scum and does this I can only see it being a quick step to make sure a scum Gulag/Sandwolf doesn't get lunched instead, but this wouldn't make sense for Gulag since a scum Gulag would've known about the bus drive and just claimed to have the toothpick, and if it was sandwolf then that conversation even happening doesn't make sense organically at all.

I considered the possibility that AA is town that misinterpreted his night information but I can't see why a town AA would tunnel so hard, not seem to consider any of that about Podima. More likely, AA's statements about what happened last night are a result of misreading my watch, not thinking about the meaning of it all with the lightning rod, and posting information that doesn't work with the facts.

In conclusion I agree that AA is the best vote today. Not putting a vote down now because we still need Paul to come do the thing.