Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yo sure I hate dethys but why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh are we making cop jokes? Hell yes

I can’t wait to “forget” to read someone their Miranda rights, or get acquitted for murder because the town I police in can’t afford a multi-million dollar settlement out of their insurance.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

your under arrest!*

(*this is rp^)

[^rp means roleplay]

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bernstrike posted:

*is nsw cop*

*strip searches u*

gently caress nsw cops

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think one of the larger issues is there’s no real reward system for being a great cop. I know someone will say “being a good person should be its own reward” or something, but at the end of the day you want to be recognized for doing your job well. It becomes very discouraging when that doesn’t happen.

Because 99% of jobs don’t get special rewards for being good at your job. A good coder doesn’t get free Dunkin and public approval if they’re good at their job. Why the gently caress do police deserve special treatment because they did well in the field that they personally decided to join?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

A good coder can change jobs to get paid more though.

No one is forcing cops to be cops, what the hell

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

that seems weird + forced since i had an entire scumteam behind me, two 3ps running interference (one of them being lurker you) and a giant magical list that appeared every day which my name was only on once.

What game was this??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

I have the ability to kill people.

ingame? If you just mean in general that’s not too impressive

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This feels like a great season 1, who’s the crooked cop

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gulag you seem to be playing slightly more seriously than usual, or at least posting more expansively than usual.

are you scum?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AA your character is developing

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Nep-Nep

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Vote on NepNep was just a lurker vote.

Are the last two pages JUST rp or is there content in there? Any post that looked like roleplay just got scrolled over cuz I had like 80 posts to catch up on

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

its weird to me that you are throwing out lurker votes with like five postsi n the thread you aren't reading

I’m trying to force myself to get invested

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

also anyone australian or australian-adjacent. hal too.

you’ll destroy this community

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

what are we without Hal?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think Amnistar is town, though it’s ludicrous to me to have so many reads that quickly into D1.

I think Podima has been consistent. I think steak is coming off as genuine.

I don’t have many reads or anything right now so I’m trying to put them down as I have them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

What about Podima's consistency (consistent w/r/t...logical axioms???) on day 1, the earliest day of all, makes you feel whichaway about his alignment.

It’s a glorified gut read, his tone has felt consistent

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

What about Podima's consistency (consistent w/r/t...logical axioms???) on day 1, the earliest day of all, makes you feel whichaway about his alignment.

like did you really read me saying as “Podima has been consistent” as a strong alignment read worthy of dissecting? I think he’s been townie because of that consistence, but I’d hardly jump in front of a bullet for him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

I don't know, did I say it's a strong read worthy of dissecting? do you see that? anywhere? my question was 1. how can you infer anything from a consistent tone, especially on day 1, and now 2. if it's nota read and just a comment on his...Tone..... then...um... this seems like a weird thing to force yourself to post, on your list of reads of 3 people in the game.

also ##vote squiggly

I am forcing myself to post, I’ve already mentioned a strained investment in this game. I’m trying to post and talk about what I think. I just don’t think much of this game so far.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##unvote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This has been some of the most intense white noise posting over a D1

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Case on Amni is the weird lie detector role stuff right?

What’s the case on imp?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

the case on imp has nothing to do with lie detector crap.

illuminate it for me gglag

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah I’d vote imp, I see what you guys are saying, it reminds me of when I’m scum and having difficulty generating real opinions early on D1

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Hot drat guys, it's day 1! Podima you have written like half the posts in the thread, I can't keep up with the needling. This seems to be a 100% power role game, so waiting for more action info would help a lot I think. Oh well. I seem to be well out of the meta.

I don't see myself getting out from in front of this bandwagon, so I'll just say that Tommu is confirmed town. Sorry if that isnt the best play to say it right now but it seems the best way I can use the info I have.

If you’re about to get lynched fullclaim, dude

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I believe the mason claim

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote dancer

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The leader claimed confirmed masons Pod. Even if it was a lie it’ll either be exposed by Tommu or we have two scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Whanna give a hearty congratulations to my good friend Hal Incandenza for the win

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Not me, booo! Secret agenda 3p scum won by pure luck! Pure luck I say!

*kicks at ground for never winning as 3P*

I'm not salty at all.

I just lost a game as 3P my self, pal, I feel your pain

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bernstrike posted:

scumteam in the rush to get off bottle imp and into dancer

Bottle imp is confirmed town and dancer was 3P this argument is weak

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Man I’m lurking because I kind of hate this game. Gulag isn’t fun at all, Podima is bullying anyone who talks, bernstrikr made a dumb and scummy post and then steak got hounded for calling it out as such

I’m not scum though, this isn’t even my scum meta. *pulls toothpick out of ear* I’m a cop baby

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Steak covered extensively why Bern’s argument is so bad, it’s a policy lynch based on some ill-conceived concept that scum would want to push from imp to Dancer ~so bad~

I’d vote Bern

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This is whiny but can someone engage me and ask me about specific things, I don’t mind posting and giving opinions, I just feel like the thread has been impenetrable.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t make big post, I make many post. Usually it’s enough to make up for small brief posts but I can see why it is lacking so far this game

(Fun fact, my posts get longer when I post at my computer vs on my phone)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I'm on board for this tbqh -- phoneposting last night so wasn't very verbose. I don't know Gulag's meta (but it sounds pretty shitposty) and I hate meta defenses, so he's posting weird pseudo-claims and OMGusing for no reason and being very "weird and forced" and that's enough for me in the context of everything that's been posted thus far.

I need to be very deliberate with my voting this game, instead of my usual willy-nilly, but ##vote Gulag

This first vote is way too heavily explained for early in D1, it reads self conscious as hell to me, especially as the game was leaving jokevote

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Bern -- can you clearly explain your lie detector thing, and whether it's shitposting or not?

Kind of fishing but ultimately inconclusive

Paul ReiserFS posted:

(This is in response to Bernstrike saying: “If you’re town you have nothing to worry about)
I have nothing to worry about.

So it all just feels pretty artificial, rather forced. The fishing for lie detector ish is weird, but could support either conclusion. The other posts are much more awkward to me, overly conscientious. I’d vote Paul but I don’t think he’s definitely scum, probably 6-7 on the scummy scale

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Paul ReiserFS posted:

This feels like a “congratulating the doc” scumtell kind of thing for some reason

This is hard to wrap my mind around. Feels like a fake gotcha, but can’t tell if it’s sincere or not.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Bernstrike

feel comfortable with my vote there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Podima posted:

People voting for Birdstrike: Do you believe this is a lie?

p much what others have said, am I really to believe Ace Ventura is a role in this one?