Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ok i play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Merge all these games together

A mega-game, everyone gets 3 roles

Last poster standing wins

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

No running in the halls

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I actually work in law enforcement AMA

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

How prevelant are donuts?

Every now and then someone will bring two dozen in for everyone. I usually prefer breakfast tacos or kolaches, though.

Coffee is constantly being made, though. All three shifts. We are all always tired.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

OOC: This sounds like something out of a dystopian hell, but I know it's true. My father also does law enforcement and he was talking optimistically about holdovers being reduced to 12 hours from 16 in his county and I was just like... that's still not good lol

Yeah I run on 5 8 hour shifts but end up working 16 hours a day 3-4 days a week. Most of the time on my Friday I get to leave after 12 hours.

Leith Maclaine posted:

Don't confuse our poo poo posting with facts :)

Oh Iím pretty vocal in my criticisms of policing in America. Iíve been on the outside and the inside.

I think one of the larger issues is thereís no real reward system for being a great cop. I know someone will say ďbeing a good person should be its own rewardĒ or something, but at the end of the day you want to be recognized for doing your job well. It becomes very discouraging when that doesnít happen.

That certainly doesnít excuse the racists and people with anger issues that find their way into this line of work.

Anyway, mafia.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Because 99% of jobs donít get special rewards for being good at your job. A good coder doesnít get free Dunkin and public approval if theyíre good at their job. Why the gently caress do police deserve special treatment because they did well in the field that they personally decided to join?

You donít get bonuses dependent on your performance or even a thank you from your superiors?

Cause I sure as poo poo donít get any of that when I prevent a riot from breaking out or talk someone down from killing themselves.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

All Coders Are Bad

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

If you could cop someone N0 who would you have copped?

My choice would be AA because I typically read his derangement as scummy regardless of actual alignment and it'd be nice to cut that Gordian knot. Second choice is Amni because I don't know how they play typically well enough to make judgment calls.

GulagDolls because they are eternally indecipherable.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Murder steak day 1

##vote turbo idiot fucker

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

that seems weird + forced since i had an entire scumteam behind me, two 3ps running interference (one of them being lurker you) and a giant magical list that appeared every day which my name was only on once.

This is the most serious and on-topic Iíve ever seen Gulag

Iím scared

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

What game was this??

Weird anime game mafia

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I am not a miller.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ok but thatís just a copier and a bunch of cops lying to a teenager

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

*votes everyone in the game when day begins so if they vote me back they're scum*

Ah, the Steak strategy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Women cops are super into astrology

I donít know why itís so prevalent

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote cpig

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Man...now I kinda wanna join the RP...

Youíd better polish those boots and iron those creases first, Officer. Your uniform looks more disheveled than your mother after I got done with her last night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am thinking of it as an enjoyable move and I really doubt AA is going to drop an obvious tell over the first couple of days so I am appreciating his effort.

I watch vote patterns and shifts in votes usually and d1 is mostly noise to me unless someone does a really bad claim.

So I'm enjoying his work and plan on enjoying it thru a couple of days until I have enough data to work with.

Day 1 is the most important day of the game.

##vote snitch maclaine

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Can you explain your use of this emoji please?

:goofy:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

The jokey burn aside what about humalong's posting is the issue? It's pretty content light and also humalong voted for someone who isn't in the game, but was probably a mistake due to votefinder issues.

cpig was in the game when i voted for him

i cannot control mod errors

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

lol

I guess I was the only one who thought you did that to get a false result.

Kind of weird to waste a lie detector on a purposely false result, especially when we are in a game where everyone is a cop and the mod could just decide "yeah everyone has the ability to kill because you're all oppressive pigs"

im going too far into speculation here but you get what i mean

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Yea, I thought about the fact that execution can also be killing someone pater in the day, but the detection had been claimed to be used so I thought gently caress whatever.

and it appears to have been a lie anyway soooooooooooo

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

oh my god this game day is only half over

is jokephase dead yet? can we buckle down?

how do we start this? gulag tried by randomly picking me but gulag is one of the vote leaders so it didn't exactly stick

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

steak's new meta must be lurking as much as possible day 1 to avoid being the day 1 lunch target

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

i think we have to eliminate all the mafiascum rejects

I have no idea who those people even are

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Your read of gulag is not great. This is the most Iíve seen out of Gulag wrt stating opinions in a long time

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I am not Australian.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I wonít vote Amnistar today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

With 8 hours to go Iím going to vote the leader I feel the worst about. I think most of the votes on Amni are incredibly disingenuous at best, and I donít have a scum read of gulag at this point, so ##vote cheap imp

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:stare:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

sorry actually completely forgot about your case. i thought people were voting him for his comments about amni re the lie detect

Uh huh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

I've dealt with AA enough that him saying I am barking up the wrong tree is enough to at least consider.

Also Squiggly isn't really backing up his argument today so I'm going to drop it.

##unvote

No conviction in your case work. Tsk tsk.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Dancer disappearing is not ideal either, and since IIRC they're an Euro we have maybe a few hours left where they might check in before the end. I vaguely recall that Dancer has a history of lurking pretty badly as scum, so hopefully calling them out gets their butt in here to make a better showing of it.

they also lurk as 3p so either way, yeah

##vote dancer

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Given the proximity to deadline, a Dancer push is out of the question. I think it's worth revisiting tomorrow if he doesn't return to thread. Squig might be worth looking to as well, a lot of strong conviction not backed up with words not crass or roleplay, but I've given plenty of those myself so I can't be too hypocritical, just looks curious.

Tuppence Djinn

Two Bit Cup Goblin

2 Penny bottle Imp

"Officer, hand over your badge."

##vote tuppence

:argh:

##vote little imp man

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Yeah Squiggly fixating on Amni's post to the degree he has isn't good, but the other side of me wonders if scum would stick their rear end out like that instead of trying to go more with the flow. I don't think I'd go for a Squiggly vote today, personally.

Squiggly always plays high-octane aggro mode

You'll see when he starts channeling taste and telling people to take their meds

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Hot drat guys, it's day 1! Podima you have written like half the posts in the thread, I can't keep up with the needling. This seems to be a 100% power role game, so waiting for more action info would help a lot I think. Oh well. I seem to be well out of the meta.

I don't see myself getting out from in front of this bandwagon, so I'll just say that Tommu is confirmed town. Sorry if that isnt the best play to say it right now but it seems the best way I can use the info I have.

feeling better about my vote

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

good with ##vote dancer and trusting the confirmed masons claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

2 penny bottle imp posted:

RIP one of us tonight.