Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

I think I'm gonna transfer in from out of state.

Count me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

d'oh. Teach me to look at timestamps closer ><

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I'm gonna be so happy if I accidentally necrod your game.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Got my role PM, time to hunt down those IA rats and get them out of our station.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Paul ReiserFS posted:

So youíre a godfather? :bustem:

Sound logic.

##vote gulagdolls

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Oh man...I just reread my PM.

I've got a baseball cap!

Anyone else got a baseball cap?

I'm pretty sure it's important.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Podima posted:

Claiming this stuff unprompted is really dumb, it's clearly there for a reason.

You're just jealous of my hat.

It's okay, I understand.

It's a nice hat.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

I actually work in law enforcement AMA

How prevelant are donuts?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

You're welcome!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Because 99% of jobs don’t get special rewards for being good at your job. A good coder doesn’t get free Dunkin and public approval if they’re good at their job. Why the gently caress do police deserve special treatment because they did well in the field that they personally decided to join?

A good coder can change jobs to get paid more though.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

No one is forcing cops to be cops, what the hell

I mean.. the coder would still be a coder?

Regardless this is mafia, I'll stop.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bernstrike posted:

I have a lie detector

I have the ability to kill people.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Not sure if legit claiming and if you have any restrictions, but I'm fine putting that down, just in case.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

ingame? If you just mean in general thatís not too impressive

I know it's nothing special when talkin to other cops, but I just thought I'd share!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote podima

posts rub me the wrong way,

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sadly I can't put into words what it is that's bothering me about the post, just that it is.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ubhh...is pod being a spectator correct?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##unvote

In case not being able to vote pod is legit.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Because I wasn't clear before, Ill lay out the reason for my vote and why I sustained it;

Right at the start, Gulag said he was reverse miller. And I don't like early fakeclaims like this on principle as it muddies the water; crap in the beginning provides flexibility for breadcrumbing nonsense later on.

Eventually Gulag complained about AA doing the police chief thing, which in my head was a similar concept to his fakeclaim. Leaving aside that the reverse miller may have been a joke (again, I don't care for that type of early chatter)... ehhh it just struck me as hypocritical. Then yesterday Gulag omgus!'d 2 people, so my vote remained.

If consensus is just that the reverse miller thing shouldnt be given any weight, then I could change my vote.

I like this post, it makes me feel good about imp.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Chief AA is obviously out leader and should be listened to. You don't get to become police chief at random.

I'm just enjoying AA's commentary as a police chief so much that I am certain he is town at least for the first couple of days.

This post I do not like.

##vote Leith

It feels crafted to be able to be pointed to as evidence of thinking AA was town or dismissed as a joking comment depending upon how the thread flows.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

And most recent posting by Pod has refuted my earlier bad feelings fairly well.

Maybe it was just gas.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I feel some degree of bias towards officer Amni, that reads as insincere to me... I'm going to put a pin in this bias for the time being, but... *scratches 'watch out for this one'* in a EE file.

This game is happening o the weekday, which means I am severely limited to using phone to participate, which limit how much I can do rereading and heavy case building.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Or it could be a compliment to AA getting into character during D1 shitposting phase and admitting that until we get some actual information based on N1 actions, our ability to do detective work is very limited.

Uhh...no?

Dismissing day 1 is a poo poo idea, and you absolutely can get valuable information and make viable reads off of the interactions people have.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

(OOC: It's directly attached to feelings about an unresolved game and my lack of information from it and that crosses into taboo territories regarding play, so I'm trying to approach this with clear eyes, but you seem.... different and I'm going to leave it at that. It's solely an unfounded meta take on my part)

Ah fair enough. I understand what you're saying, we can revisit when I flip...in either game :p

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Man...now I kinda wanna join the RP...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am thinking of it as an enjoyable move and I really doubt AA is going to drop an obvious tell over the first couple of days so I am appreciating his effort.

I watch vote patterns and shifts in votes usually and d1 is mostly noise to me unless someone does a really bad claim.

So I'm enjoying his work and plan on enjoying it thru a couple of days until I have enough data to work with.

"I'm not going to participate in the game day 1 unless something comes up that is clearly defensible later on in the day"

Yea, definately happy with my vote.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

*later on in the game

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Can you explain your use of this emoji please?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Dont be jealous because I've nailed IA day 1 boss!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Squiggly posted:

What kind of softclaim bullshit is this

##vote amnistar

It was something for the claimed lie detector to read?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I honestly assumed everyone would be posting something similiar.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

But why put your powers out there to be tested? In a closed setup, no reason to give scum any more info than they already have.

Er...I expected to get checked and come back false

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yea, I thought about the fact that execution can also be killing someone pater in the day, but the detection had been claimed to be used so I thought gently caress whatever.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont like it. risking a lie detect being used on your post is just about the safest gambit a scum can make. first of all the lie detector claim was transparently false anyway, but even if it wasnt, who would even think its likely for the person to use their presumably 1-shot power on day 1 at all? as someone who, as you know, recently modded a game with a lie detector role in it, i know how eager scum are to post pretending they want to get tested, because the risk is so low for the amount of town cred it gives you. and besides that game, my only other experience with the role even being mentioned, was of course a moment i'll never forget in avengers mafia, when the soon-to-be-dunked sk taste was begging for "if there's a lie detector, test me that im not scum". so no i very much do not read amni's response as townie.

that said tho, your point on swuiggs is intriguing... i highly doubt it's a smoking gun, but interesting nonetheless

I made it as a snap post in response to someone claiming to have the ability to detect lies. I figured that there would be limitations to alignment posts, so I though, what is the best way to clear up that you're not on a team opposing town. That involves nightkills so I posted that I can kill people.

I had sasumed that the instant a lie detector claim caame out, *everyone* would post something similiar, and allow the lie detector to choose what post to detect. And the fact that the ability was claimed told me it was going to get used.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

People I think are town:
2 imp - would like to see more analysis than just of gulag, but does have opinions that are being put down based on activity.

Anomalous Amalgam - He's the cheif.

Dancer - I buy the miller claim

Mr. Steak - The analysis so far feels genuine.

Podima - I like the most recent posts a lot.

People I think are not town:
Bernstrike - The lie detector reads as bullshit to me, and it's too much bullshit as a town for me to accept. Especially sincce they're re-inforcing thata it's not joking around.

GulagDolls - Lost of posts, no actual content. Is actively eengaging in the thread without playing the game.

Mr. Humalong - Don't like the call to "buckle down" without then following up to buckle down.

Leith Maclaine - Go back through my post history, it's not massive case.

Sandwolf - Gulag naield this one, calling out aa lurker when you're aa lurker is bad enough, but then posted that they were trying to get into the game, and then...nothing.

People that don't have strong opinions on:
Hal
Nep-Nep
Squiggly
Paul ReiserFS
Tommu

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

the fact that you accidentally called aa a lurker twice in the same sentence is hilarious

My coputer keyboard has a sticky a key ><

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Seems like a scummy post to me. Lots of opinions, but included within is praise for mr. steak and me, both of whom disliked the nightkilling softclaim.

I thought I was being helpful and plying a lie detector, but your points about why it was bad play aren't wrong.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Your read of gulag is not great. This is the most Iíve seen out of Gulag wrt stating opinions in a long time

This is my first game with Gulag so...I can't really take that into consideration?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

no it isn't. this would be wrong in a vacuum too though.

Honestly the only names I recognize from when I used to play are Hal, Quid and Lumpen. Sorry :(

And disagree, when reading through your post history I see very little actual content and a poo poo ton of posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

not sure why people are voting amni for that specifically though. he's not using it as justification 2 vote me.

Blehh. Dont like this. I put you on my scum list, I only have 1 vote. If you think it's a poo poo read dont excuse it because I have a vote on someone else.