Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why the gently caress not? im already in too many games so whats one more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

jacknicholsonnod.gifv

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GulagDolls posted:

ummm, ok, except, yeah, no, since you're not the chief of police.

umm do we have a counterclaim in the first like 5 minutes of the game?

no. this is just classic gulag bullshit.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Oh man...I just reread my PM.

I've got a baseball cap!

Anyone else got a baseball cap?

I'm pretty sure it's important.

idk. mine says i have sunglasses

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did someone say nsfw cops? :smuggo:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did anything important happen in the last 150 posts?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok i caught up on all this nonsense. since podima observes literally every game of mafia ever, i'm gonna assume he's a mafia mastermind and trust his read on 2penny ##vote imp hell yeah this bandwagon feels nice.
for real though nothing has happened yet. somebody scumclaim or something

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ehh, on 2nd thought ##vote bern for probably definitely lying about the lie detect

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

Don't assume competence on my part, I'm very dumb.

What's your opinion on the weird flavor counterclaim between Gulag and AA? That's the other instance of "lying" that tuppence djinni is currently voting Gulag for.

i think its gulag saying random poo poo

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im taking the fact that gulag hasnt voted aa as a sign that aa is town.

gulag is the aa diviner, after all

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Two now Three votes against me in an hour.

Oh well. It's shitpost day.

calling votes on yourself a bus...? thats..... bold. lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

steak's new meta must be lurking as much as possible day 1 to avoid being the day 1 lunch target

lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont even know what that means but im offended.

real talk is ive been lurking because of a combination of really bad organization in my irl life, and theres a lot of stuff to sift through in this super long d1. generally when i try to make content happen artificially, i get lunched so ive ditched that method. ive been reading thread but genuinely dont have anything to say.

about last game, im sorry i accidentally ruined mylo for everybody but i feel bad about it so please dont policy vote me for that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:goofy:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

FYI now that it's been made clear Amni was fishing for a FALSE result here, I like that a whole lot and won't vote him today. Same lines as Dancer, it's a good reaction to a lie detector threat.

i dont like it. risking a lie detect being used on your post is just about the safest gambit a scum can make. first of all the lie detector claim was transparently false anyway, but even if it wasnt, who would even think its likely for the person to use their presumably 1-shot power on day 1 at all? as someone who, as you know, recently modded a game with a lie detector role in it, i know how eager scum are to post pretending they want to get tested, because the risk is so low for the amount of town cred it gives you. and besides that game, my only other experience with the role even being mentioned, was of course a moment i'll never forget in avengers mafia, when the soon-to-be-dunked sk taste was begging for "if there's a lie detector, test me that im not scum". so no i very much do not read amni's response as townie.

that said tho, your point on swuiggs is intriguing... i highly doubt it's a smoking gun, but interesting nonetheless

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

People I think are town:
2 imp - would like to see more analysis than just of gulag, but does have opinions that are being put down based on activity.

Anomalous Amalgam - He's the cheif.

Dancer - I buy the miller claim

Mr. Steak - The analysis so far feels genuine.

Podima - I like the most recent posts a lot.

People I think are not town:
Bernstrike - The lie detector reads as bullshit to me, and it's too much bullshit as a town for me to accept. Especially sincce they're re-inforcing thata it's not joking around.

GulagDolls - Lost of posts, no actual content. Is actively eengaging in the thread without playing the game.

Mr. Humalong - Don't like the call to "buckle down" without then following up to buckle down.

Leith Maclaine - Go back through my post history, it's not massive case.

Sandwolf - Gulag naield this one, calling out aa lurker when you're aa lurker is bad enough, but then posted that they were trying to get into the game, and then...nothing.

People that don't have strong opinions on:
Hal
Nep-Nep
Squiggly
Paul ReiserFS
Tommu

the fact that you accidentally called aa a lurker twice in the same sentence is hilarious

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Mr. Steak - They haven't made a mistake yet and that is very un steak like.

wow rude lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Can someone who has played with bernstrike before confirm if this level of aggressiveness is normal? I don't think I have played in a game with BernStrike?

he's discount gulag

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no doc in their right mind would protect a claim like that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nep-Nep posted:

Are my eyes just straight up missing or does Tommu have a vote on Bernstrike but no posts containing that vote.

it appears his vote for podima was mapped to bern, for whatever reason (there is no logged tommu vote for pod in votefinder)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it in fact appears bern has "podima" as an alias, and votefinder may prioritize that over actual podima lmao. let me test it ##vote podima

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well that one went to real podima so..... idfk ##unvote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wait, podima wasnt in votefinder when tommu originally voted.

this is dumb lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote squiggly too sarcastic

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

That makes more sense, I can understand that as a case.

really? i dont understand what the gently caress squiggly is saying

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
theres no lie detect in the game

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

theres no lie detect in the game

lie detect this post

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im with gulag here

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nep-Nep posted:

This is the towniest post in the thread

no this is:

im town

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I don't like giving opinions on people I dont have opinions on. Day 1 is too early for mass lists of how you feel about everyone. Allows fake connections to be made too easily in future days.

it also holds them accountable for opinions, which in the case of scum are faked. its a good thing for opinions to be documented. i agree with you that d1 is too early to have useful opinions on *everybody* but as long as a list includes a handful of entries that read "i dont know yet" i literally dont see a problem with it. and if you're trying to say that making a list of opinions is worse than giving opinions on nobody at all, then... hmm

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote bern

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Case on Amni is the weird lie detector role stuff right?

What’s the case on imp?

more lie detector bullshit.

which all started with bern

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

This is a really bad mischaracterization, Steak. You can do better than this.

sorry actually completely forgot about your case. i thought people were voting him for his comments about amni re the lie detect

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

Steak normally plays way better/more attentively than this

do i????

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Hot drat guys, it's day 1! Podima you have written like half the posts in the thread, I can't keep up with the needling. This seems to be a 100% power role game, so waiting for more action info would help a lot I think. Oh well. I seem to be well out of the meta.

I don't see myself getting out from in front of this bandwagon, so I'll just say that Tommu is confirmed town. Sorry if that isnt the best play to say it right now but it seems the best way I can use the info I have.

worst post ever ##vote 2 penny

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why didnt you just say that to begin with jfc ##unvote

@hal the reason is it wasnt a claim post it was hedgy bullshit

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
back to ##vote bern

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess it was clear he was claiming confirmed Mason's to me and that would be a terrible scum move so I figured it would give you pause if anything.

But if you didn't catch the Mason's part then maybe

never played in a game with real confirmed masonry before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

Remind me of your position on this? If it's the "lie detector" thing then you should really reconsider, it's been a net positive in terms of generating content.

no, thats it.