Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

What are these Miranda rights you speak of, are you some sort of big city pinko commie?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Asking AA to not troll is impossible. Let's get real.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

As wonderful as it would be, there are no anti-trolling laws in this jurisdiction. Now let us find some real crimes.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Dancer posted:

That sounds decadent and capitalist, comrade detective.

I have black tea and a fruit spread.

First Sandwolf is talking about Miranda rights and now dancer is complaining about doughnuts. What sort of cop precinct is this?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

I actually work in law enforcement AMA

Don't confuse our poo poo posting with facts :)

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Paul ReiserFS posted:

This screams scumpost to me unless Dancer is new

Dancer is not new

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote squiggly

As much as I am in favor of this, what's the argument other than Squiggly lurking.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Nep-Nep posted:

What has you in favor of this?

Personal biases which is the reason I am not voting yet. Squiggly and I have tangled before and while I do find the lurking odd for him. It isn't a strong argument.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Chief AA is obviously out leader and should be listened to. You don't get to become police chief at random.

I'm just enjoying AA's commentary as a police chief so much that I am certain he is town at least for the first couple of days.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Because I wasn't clear before, Ill lay out the reason for my vote and why I sustained it;

Right at the start, Gulag said he was reverse miller. And I don't like early fakeclaims like this on principle as it muddies the water; crap in the beginning provides flexibility for breadcrumbing nonsense later on.

Eventually Gulag complained about AA doing the police chief thing, which in my head was a similar concept to his fakeclaim. Leaving aside that the reverse miller may have been a joke (again, I don't care for that type of early chatter)... ehhh it just struck me as hypocritical. Then yesterday Gulag omgus!'d 2 people, so my vote remained.

If consensus is just that the reverse miller thing shouldnt be given any weight, then I could change my vote.

This bears watching in my opinion. It is at least initially making sense to me.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I think we need more doughnuts and coffee and watch who grabs the doughnuts and coffee and who watches the people grabbing the doughnuts and coffee.

As I grab doughnuts and coffee.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

This post I do not like.

##vote Leith

It feels crafted to be able to be pointed to as evidence of thinking AA was town or dismissed as a joking comment depending upon how the thread flows.

Or it could be a compliment to AA getting into character during D1 shitposting phase and admitting that until we get some actual information based on N1 actions, our ability to do detective work is very limited.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Nep-Nep posted:

So you think posting in character is a town move?

I am thinking of it as an enjoyable move and I really doubt AA is going to drop an obvious tell over the first couple of days so I am appreciating his effort.

I watch vote patterns and shifts in votes usually and d1 is mostly noise to me unless someone does a really bad claim.

So I'm enjoying his work and plan on enjoying it thru a couple of days until I have enough data to work with.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sir,

When did we become a transit precinct because there look to be some busses here?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Two now Three votes against me in an hour.

Oh well. It's shitpost day.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Nep-Nep posted:

Bussing is what happens when scum vote for their own team members

I call bussing when suddenly people jump on the same person. I guess I should have used the term bandwagon.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Podima posted:

Hey Leith, who are you feeling for scum? I'm looking at your posting compared to previous games where you were town (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903965&userid=222482) and you're a lot more hands-off and noncommittal here compared to before. There's enough votes made in seriousness for you to analyze if that's your thing, I'd think.

Ehh I don't necessarily agree but it's a fair point. Still worth noting.

Question #1 for earlier, Male Pronouns for me are fine. Thank you

As for me being more hands off, RL has been busy (new legal poo poo with ex and the last couple of days I have been filling out interrogatories on top of the normal year end IT projects) and I am trying to learn patience in Mafia.

Scum reads right now, on little information but I was directly asked.

The vote movement isn't much, and no one has shifted a lot. Please shifting a lot are:

AA, Gulag, Podima, and Mr. H

This can be explained a couple of ways,

1) It is Day 1 and there is a lot of poo poo testing going on and defensive reactions.

I put AA and Gulag in this category.

You (Podima) are shifting between 2 people so that doesn't mean that much. You can honestly think they are both scum.

Mr. H however, the vote on CPig troubles me. Yes I know Cpig was still on the votefinder but Cpig hadn't posted anything to react to. It wasn't a declared active lurker vote and it was a shift off of a vote on Mr. Steak. It looks to be purely a vote to see if anyone else would join in.

Meta/Game Play Reads

BernStrike- Lie Detector play bothers me
Mr. Steak - They haven't made a mistake yet and that is very un steak like. It might be small sample size but I am not sure I've seen steak play without making mistakes (Like I am one to talk, the one who stepped on the land mine last game, and also convinced everyone to vote for b- on the game before that)
Dancer - claiming Miller again

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Can someone who has played with bernstrike before confirm if this level of aggressiveness is normal? I don't think I have played in a game with BernStrike?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

It seems like a high risk high reward style of play, and coming out that quickly identifies someone that scum can target to remove a power role early. Of course if there is a doc, they could protect, etc etc etc. I just seems a bit early and aggressive to me and I would save that knowledge until later.

Oh well, just not my style.

shrug

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Unless they think everyone thinks the doc won't do that. And eventually you get into 193rd dimensional chess where everyone is confused.

And this is why I take shitpost day with a grain of salt.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Ahhh, that's the squiggly we all know and love.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Squiggly posted:

I gave you a pass last game and you were scum if I disagree with you at all this game I will vote you until you are dead

That's no different than normal. It's who you are.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I believe, what Squiggly is saying that most charitable scenario to Amnistar is that Amnistar is being a distraction and is causing a lie detect to be wasted instead of being used to find scum.

And Squiggly is doubtful that the most charitable scenario is what is occurring,

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

This I dont read into sguigs post at all.

I think we are saying the same thing. Squiggly can correct me if I am wrong. It is his opinion after all.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

The whole bit about most charitable interpretation is coming straight from you.

Quoting Squiggly

"And that's assuming that you're lying town, which is obviously not what I think"

I am rephrasing it but I think it is a fair rephrase. If Squiggly disagrees, I am sure I will hear it tomorrow.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

Meh, I dismissed that as a bullshit statement. Catching scum is obviously better, but clearing town is also good. The idea of 'wasting' a lie detection confuses the hell out of me

Your statement was

I have the ability to kill people.

Which is not a clear cut town versus scum claim. There are Towne roles that can "kill".

You could also be taking advantage of the setup which a "kill" is called administrative leave so that the statement "I have the ability to kill people" may mean nothing in this game if it was lie detected.

Your attempt to clear town does nothing of the sort.

Now a statement like

I am not a member of internal affairs.

That would be a clear statement but I have the ability to kill people isn't clear.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

BTW:

You are right, Day 0 does sometimes have a point.

##vote Amnistar

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

And just to prevent any confusion, I will make a very clear statement on my next post.

I am not asking the lie detector to be wasted on me but if it is used, so be it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I am not a member of internal affairs.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Okay fine:

I am not able to work with other players outside the game thread.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

That would eliminate being part of the internal affairs team.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Please lie detector the following:

You guys are idiots.

You have a very convincing argument. :)

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

theres no lie detect in the game

Mr. Steak posted:

lie detect this post

golf clap, that's funny.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

2 penny bottle imp posted:

What is the point of this? Really oddly specific thing to say. Doesn't clear you either. Could be SK with this, for example.

It is more of a clear than I have the ability to kill and looking for a lie to come about.

I'm not the one asking for it to be lie detected. I think asking to be lie detected on day 0 as Amnistar did doesn't make sense. But I am saying things in my discussion with him that could be checked by a lie detector since he is saying a direct faction claim couldn't be lie detected.

I'll see if I can think of a better clear statement in the morning.

But to be clear, I don't think the statement "I have the ability to kill people" and thinking it turning up as a lie will clear anything up.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

If there is a lie detector in this game, and as an aside I am not convinced there is, waiving a huge flag and saying lie detect this in order to get a false positive that could be explained away does not seem a good tactic.

Amnistar now says his phrasing was poor.

I am agreeing with Squiggly and think it was more than that.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Going to sleep now to stop this chain for the time being. Everyone can breath a sigh of relief.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Squiggly posted:

Okay buddy we never agree

You just shot up on my scumdar

Far be it for me to think you made a reasonable case. I apologize for daring to think you made sense for once. Won't make that mistake again.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Most Lie Detection doesn't allow you to actually positively identify alignment so easily, more for role mechanics. Lie Detection isn't as useful these days, less binary and more nuanced. This looks like a false positive in thinking for both you and squig regarding your opinion on their Lie Detection intentions. I think that came from a sincere place of town motivation on Amni's part, and you look decent here for your suspicion, but now that I see where the bulk of it stems from.

Look elsewhere, officer.

I've dealt with AA enough that him saying I am barking up the wrong tree is enough to at least consider.

Also Squiggly isn't really backing up his argument today so I'm going to drop it.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Chief AA sir,

What's your read on bern who started this lie detector poo poo?