Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Initially wasn't gonna do this due to being on vacation but since this didn't fill up to fast I'll play. If it starts before next Wednesday I might be a little bit of a ghost on d1 but aside from that I'm good for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm still up for this, just wanted to reconfirm since it has been awhile

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I haven’t figured out who the scum team is yet but I’m on to you

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I’m the only good cop, the cop from Monopoly. Now if any shady landlords are here raise your hand so I can send you directly to jail.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm still kind of in awe that this game is actually happening. Good job on the necro.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Podima posted:

If you could cop someone N0 who would you have copped?

My choice would be AA because I typically read his derangement as scummy regardless of actual alignment and it'd be nice to cut that Gordian knot. Second choice is Amni because I don't know how they play typically well enough to make judgment calls.

I often end up reading Mr. Steak's early game as scummy so that'd be a pretty easy pick for me.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

As much as I am in favor of this, what's the argument other than Squiggly lurking.

What has you in favor of this?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Personal biases which is the reason I am not voting yet. Squiggly and I have tangled before and while I do find the lurking odd for him. It isn't a strong argument.

I don't think squiggly has actually posted anything since the game has started. Any argument would be a lurker argument at this point. It's a long day 1 if I remember right when I looked at votefinder yesterday so there's still time.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Seems like a stretch of a meta read on a player that hasnt played in months

Who said anything about meta in that

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That would be like a 1/16 of a heart, you’d have to be inspired by whoville daily just to survive

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Or it could be a compliment to AA getting into character during D1 shitposting phase and admitting that until we get some actual information based on N1 actions, our ability to do detective work is very limited.

So you think posting in character is a town move?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Gonna drop some of my early impressions here in a few as I deal with some actual work as well.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Hal- feel like Hal's been posting but hasn't really engaged, voted podima and when someone else justified their vote with it just being a feeling kinda "yeah me too"'d at that and I don't really like that

Bern- I'm glad someone else asked for bern to clarify about whether or not the lie detector claim was shitposting or not. With the post full of images I wrote it off but now that it's been asked about I'd like to have this clarified too.

Leith- I was initially bothered by the way she expressed willingness to vote squiggly and the clarification and posting since hasn't made me feel better

AA- the actual content of the posting seems fine, I mostly came from the angle of trying to determine "is the devotion to flavor an attempt to get away with saying nothing while using lots of words?" and I am of the opinion that no, I'm reading AA as town right now without regard for the flavor.

Tommu- just kinda noting that Tommu's only real contribution to the game has been to ask "why?" in response to something, which was answered but no engagement has come from that since.

Paul ReiserFS and Podima have been more active and I feel I need to give them a closer look, which I haven't done yet aside from reading the posts in the thread in order.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Sir,

When did we become a transit precinct because there look to be some busses here?

Such as

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

So I'm enjoying his work and plan on enjoying it thru a couple of days until I have enough data to work with.

This is a nitpick in isolation but combined with other points in your posts others have brought up it bothers me that you feel like you can plan on enjoying AA being alive when town has no way to know who scum will target

[b]##vote Leith Macline[b]

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Leith Maclaine

sorry about the fake vote

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Two now Three votes against me in an hour.

Oh well. It's shitpost day.

Bussing is what happens when scum vote for their own team members

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

GulagDolls posted:

i've looked through your post history, and it is not good, and is bad.

Okay but what about this game

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
jk humalong

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The jokey burn aside what about humalong's posting is the issue? It's pretty content light and also humalong voted for someone who isn't in the game, but was probably a mistake due to votefinder issues.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Bernstrike posted:

lie detector was 100% legit confirmed and not just some gifs from the wire, anyone who disagrees is not keeping it 100 imgay style

What happens if you use the lie detector on a paradox?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

GulagDolls posted:

its weird to me that you are throwing out lurker votes with like five postsi n the thread you aren't reading

Maybe it was a challenge to a lurk-off. I think I lost :(

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Squiggly posted:

That's my impression of amnistar in case anyone wants to misattribute like you illiterate pieces of poo poo would

Whoa whoa whoa we’re cops not freemasons

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

like did you really read me saying as “Podima has been consistent” as a strong alignment read worthy of dissecting? I think he’s been townie because of that consistence, but I’d hardly jump in front of a bullet for him.

This seems overly defensive when your comment about Podima made no alignment call either way (though one can infer that consistent and no other comment indicates not a scum read, I suppose).

I do agree with the premise that Podima comes off townie to me , opened the game with an icebreaker and Podima has been forthcoming with opinions and questions.

AA and Podima are my top town reads right now.

PaulReiserFS gives off similar vibes to Podima but I feel kinda null on him, but not for a really deep reason. Right now I'm not seeing anything scummy in his posting and I don't want to vote for him today.

I'm changing my vote to imp based on the response to Amnistar's read post:

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Seems like a scummy post to me. Lots of opinions, but included within is praise for mr. steak and me, both of whom disliked the nightkilling softclaim.

Amnistar explained the reason for this, imp responded:

I get you. And if this was more than day 1, my gut feel might not be enough for a vote. But for now, it's the strongest read I have.

So this makes me raise an eyebrow on its own but I wasn't sure how to feel about it but then I remembered something from imp's earlier play today.

Gulag has omgus! 2x in 1 page, so...

Shading Gulag for an OMGUS, but then later calling Amnistar scummy for essentially not doing the same. While positions about specific players and reads often can change over the course of a developing game day, this seems like an incosistency in how one reads approach to being suspected, and I don't think imp's posting wrt this is sincere as a result.

##vote imp

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Podima posted:

(Leith - what are your pronouns? I realized I don't actually know. Same for you, Nep.)

separate post because this isn't really about the game but I'm a she/her

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Are my eyes just straight up missing or does Tommu have a vote on Bernstrike but no posts containing that vote.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

GulagDolls posted:

*grabs a machine gun and guns down this entire page*

This is the towniest post in the thread

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Steak posted:

no this is:

im town

I tried used my metal detector on that statement. That statement contains no metal except for a soda can pulltab which took me like 2 minutes to sift out.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote dancer

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am finding the mason claim very believable, and it may be easy to check with night actions.

##unvote

Are we sure we can't do the Dancer lurking push?

Leith Maclaine posted:

Screw it,

Dancer lurking is the best case I have.

##vote Dancer

With stuff that happened near end of day this stands out to me in that it was a really fast turnaround, literally one minute between posts.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

GulagDolls posted:

it said that if i was copped n1, the result would not be reliable. but it also was clearly not addressed to me. i don't think it was sent from town because this necessitates both the ability to a. know I was being framed or something and b. send the message. which seems. OP.

so either someone, probably scum is just sending out random disinformation to different people, or its just a game mechanic maybe tied to a role that gives random people messages. that may be truthful?

in any case, it's probably steak's fault

If there is a scum framer and a scum messenger why would they choose to both frame you and tell you about it

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

I decided that someone needed to vote first when the case against 2 penny fell apart due to the mason claim, I decided that I should vote instead of just asking who is going to vote first.

My issue with that wasn't that you put down the first vote but that you spent all of a minute deciding that you do not feel like looking for scum and would rather just rush down a lurker.

This is consistent with what you said earlier in the game about d1, it's really the timing that I'm hmming at here

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Okay, I really didn't understand your line of thought about that.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
So that's what you meant about needing to be very deliberate with your voting.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Humalong posted:

You didn’t look at the context around those votes, did you? It shows, scum.

Also I am about 99% confident Paul is town.

##vote Sandwolf

Why are you that confident Paul is town?

Another question, you opened the day by criticizing the scum team's choice of night kill. What in particular is your issue with that, and why do you feel it was worth posting about?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Amnistar posted:

probably should have kept my mouth shut, my bad. I did breadcrumb it a bit earlier about my NA getting hosed with. My target was unreachable.

Can you elaborate on the flavor of this?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Amnistar posted:

No idea on that, it was an extrapolation. But I don't see any benefit that the town can gain from knowing flavor I received at this time. I selected a target for a night action, and was told my action failed as I could not find them.

Something similar happened to me and I want to know if the flavor matches, I won't press the matter for now.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why are you fishing? stop.

Asking you to clarify your stances isn't fishing

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Humalong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I will say I appreciate the comedy of the timing of our votes there given what hum just posted