Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I live in Colorado and don't want Hickenlooper as our candidate in 2020. Anyone know who I should start throwing money at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

RC Cola posted:

I live in Colorado and don't want Hickenlooper as our candidate in 2020. Anyone know who I should start throwing money at?

Unfortunately I think that that ship that sailed. I don't think anybody can mount a successful primary challenge Against him at this juncture. In the primary game you have to get in there real early And I think he has the district sewn up to support him.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/05/hickenlooper-romanoff-2020-senate/

But if you really feel that this is where you wanna spend things Check out this article. Again I'm sorry for being a bit of a Debbie downer but I just don't see a way forward for a non hickenlooper candidacy which sucks because Would love to have somebody else

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 6, 2020

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Haven't posted in a while. Still kept donatin', though, because of my sheer hatred for my political enemies! YESSSS DOLLARS ARE MY MOLOTOVS

:420:$4.20:420: today for these fine people:

Buttar (gently caress ya, Nancy)

McKayla (Steny is NOT a name)

Cisneros (gently caress outta my state, Cuellar!)

Charlie B. (Mitch destroyed my country) MY FIRST DONATION TO BOOKER!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

I have the flu I made a thing

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

RC Cola posted:

His only real primary rival is Andrew Romanoff at https://www.andrewromanoff.com/

Hickenlooper is pretty substantially out raising him, though, and Gardner is pretty substantially out raising Hickenlooper, so Romanoff is a definite longshot, but less of one than the other six candidates.

If you're interested, the Colorado Sun just released their analysis of the latest fundraising reports.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/02/03/colorado-campaign-finance-us-senate-race-2020/

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
It's hard to find a ton of info, but from what I can see, got a real nice one on the line here.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/paulette-jordan-idaho-senate-native-american_n_5e3c6718c5b6bb0ffc0d6276

I just got the this deep red place, but sure gonna try to reach out the the campaign and get involved if she doesn't turn out to be a gabbard or some other abomination.

Will post trip report.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'd like to send my dad a list of candidates that will shift the overton window left, sort of like the second post by the op but in a format that I can actually send to someone, is that a thing?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Google Butt posted:

I'd like to send my dad a list of candidates that will shift the overton window left, sort of like the second post by the op but in a format that I can actually send to someone, is that a thing?

Yes.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l4OSW_lm_0cMR5JLVlvAlKlyaYq-35xLu_pbNCoAdG4/edit?usp=sharing

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Hell yeah thanks

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Thank you!

Unless my reading comprehension issues are kicking in again, it's missing Charles Booker & Amy McGrath in KY, both running against McConnell

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

PainterofCrap posted:

Thank you!

Unless my reading comprehension issues are kicking in again, it's missing Charles Booker & Amy McGrath in KY, both running against McConnell

Yeah, it is probably best to omit Amy McGrath until after the primary because she sucks major rear end and Charles Booker is a much better option. Now is the time where we get to choose the progressive, not the trumpist non-dem

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PainterofCrap posted:

Thank you!

Charles Booker is missing, I can add him later. Amy McGrath is not missing; that's a list of good (or at least good in terms of policy) candidates.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Bernie donation time:

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

I got inspired to give another $10 to Bernie upon seeing this post.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hairy Marionette posted:

I got inspired to give another $10 to Bernie upon seeing this post.

Bernie is great! But consider giving to some of the down ballot people who really need help like Jesscia Cisneros or Jessica Scarane. Jessicas are the most competent candidate bloc in 2020 imo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Donated $27 to Bernie. Donated to others too like AOC, Jessica Scarane, Jessica Cisneros, and Mickayla Wilkes.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Bernie asked me to max out yesterday so I did. I have a position on him winning the Dem nomination on PredictIt, so I'll make most of it back if he wins. Gambling is dumb, though.

Much like Bernie is being pitted against multiple opponents' combined polling totals in dumb MSM infographics, I dare multiple posters to match me through the power of their combined donations to various causes that will ultimately support the forced redistribution of my wealth.

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 14, 2020

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Happiness Commando posted:

Bernie asked me to max out yesterday so I did. I have a position on him winning the Dem nomination on PredictIt, so I'll make most of it back if he wins. Gambling is dumb, though.

Much like Bernie is being pitted against multiple opponents' combined polling totals in dumb MSM infographics, I dare multiple posters to match me through the power of their combined donations to various causes that will ultimately support the forced redistribution of my wealth.

You're awesome. Thanks for doing this. If you want to continue to support forced redistribution of your wealth, check out the down ballot progressives.

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

A kind goon posted this handy link in the primary thread. With it you can donate to Peter Welch, Mark Pocan, Pramila Jayapal, Ro Khanna, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, Bernie Sanders, Jessica Cisneros, Georgette Gomez, Andru Volinsky and Reggie Jones-Sawyer with a single click.

Edit: I wonder if anybody can setup a group donation link like that.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Can you add Monika Johnson-Hostler?

https://twitter.com/monika4congress/status/1228363034718035970?s=21

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

https://www.shadizitoon.com
What does a leftist goon need to do to be added to the list?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hey goonpac thread, I don't want to be too obnoxious or break any rules so sorry if I have done either thing here. But If any of ya'll are doing work for campaigns or canvassing or anything like that and could use some buttons made for your cause, please consider hitting me up! I have an SA-mart thread for them here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912780

I can produce thousands of them with whatever design. I really want to find some work making buttons for actual campaigns, so if anyone knows how I could start doing that I could use some advice about it! I'm a very poor goon and this button making business might be my ticket out of wage slavery, and getting to support myself by producing bernie sanders merch is basically my dream job right now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shadi Zitoon posted:

What does a leftist goon need to do to be added to the list?

Donated.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

empty whippet box posted:

Hey goonpac thread, I don't want to be too obnoxious or break any rules so sorry if I have done either thing here. But If any of ya'll are doing work for campaigns or canvassing or anything like that and could use some buttons made for your cause, please consider hitting me up! I have an SA-mart thread for them here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912780

I can produce thousands of them with whatever design. I really want to find some work making buttons for actual campaigns, so if anyone knows how I could start doing that I could use some advice about it! I'm a very poor goon and this button making business might be my ticket out of wage slavery, and getting to support myself by producing bernie sanders merch is basically my dream job right now.

The big stumbling block you'll run into is the "union bug."

The IWW might be a road you can go down, I know some people in my town were talking about organizing a co-op for making campaign materials under the IWW.

Edit:

If you're selling online, it probably won't be a big deal, but this really is something you should look into. This is the kind of thing that will help you enormously if you want to set up in person. People do look for the bug, and to some it's an extremely big deal.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 17, 2020

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

Gatts posted:

Donated.

Thank You!

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The big stumbling block you'll run into is the "union bug."

The IWW might be a road you can go down, I know some people in my town were talking about organizing a co-op for making campaign materials under the IWW.

Edit:

If you're selling online, it probably won't be a big deal, but this really is something you should look into. This is the kind of thing that will help you enormously if you want to set up in person. People do look for the bug, and to some it's an extremely big deal.

As the head of a local Democratic Party group I can say I've experienced the backlash of having print pieces with no Union bug. Not everything I do has it, but anything done in late quantities does.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
just print the bug on stuff without being in a union

is that ancap?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

taqueso posted:

is that ancap?

Don't do this.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

taqueso posted:

is that ancap?

Don't be a loving scab

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 18, 2020

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

taqueso posted:

is that ancap?

More like kneecap. Don't.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I saw the ad so I donated to all the candidates in the op.

note: Ted Terry's website and Act Blue page are gone so you might want to delete him from the op.

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

Just found another group donation link. This is is from the Sunrise Movement. It’s in support of candidates they think are critical to getting the Green New Deal passed.

Specifically:
Jessica Cisneros (TX-28)
Marie Newman (IL-03)
Morgan Harper (OH-03)
Robert Emmons Jr. (IL-01) and
Mike Siegel (TX-10)

Edit: chipped in $25 per month.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

taqueso posted:

is that ancap?

I would never do this. I would love to be involved with a union, just gotta figure out how to get there, I guess.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

NotWearingPants posted:

note: Ted Terry's website and Act Blue page are gone so you might want to delete him from the op.

Terry dropped out of the race about 3 weeks ago because of funding. He's running now for an uncontested county commissioner seat.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Epicurius posted:

Terry dropped out of the race about 3 weeks ago because of funding. He's running now for an uncontested county commissioner seat.

That is really good. County Commissioners are very powerful local positions that determine all manner of things

quote:

Each commission acts as the executive of the local government, levying local taxes, administering county governmental services such as correctional institutions, courts, public health oversight, property registration, building code enforcement, and public works (e.g. road maintenance). The system has been supplanted in large part, as disparate sparsely-settled regions become urbanized and establish tighter local governmental control, usually in municipalities, though in many of the more rural states, the county commission retains more control, and even in some urbanized areas, may be responsible for significant government services.

Commissions have a HUGE amount of power to affect the lives of everyone in a county

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pillow Face is matching Jessica Scarane's donations up to ~$2400:

Pillow Face posted:

sooo for anyone interested, progressive democrat jessica scarane is primarying senator chris coons, who confirmed 80 trump judges for lifetime appointments along with cabinet members like nielsen who is responsible for children in cages and voted to fund his stupid wall among other things

if you would like to help get the succ out, please donate at https://secure.actblue.com/donate/jess-cspam

POST YOUR RECEIPT AND I WILL MATCH DONATIONS UNTIL I HIT MY MAXIMUM $2800 LIMIT

edit: fixed for c-spam link

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
don't actually print the bug without authorization

but, it seems like a single person working purely for themselves should somehow be exempt or have a special mark

IWW should take you fine, as far as I know anyone can join except management.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Super Tuesday around the corner.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
I don't have anything informative to add I just wanted to say you guys are fantastic and thank you for all of the hard work you do. Many positive thoughts your way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Goons should check out Richard Dien Winfield, a Senate candidate in Georgia. He's a philosophy professor at the University of Georgia, specializing in logic, metaphysics, and Hegel.

He stands for Medicare for All and the Green New Deal, as well as single-payer legal care insurance, an awesome idea I haven't seen previously.

https://www.winfieldforsenate.com/