Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
===================================
Updates! I've also now seen The Godfather Part II and The Godfather Part III, click the links if you want to skip ahead! Hey, we even have goon impressions for an obscure made-for-TV spinoff (via its source material) as well as The Godfather Epic/ Saga!
===================================

Some random thoughts:
  • James Caan is, um, not particularly convincing as an Italian. Thing is I think they might've been able to get away with it if they kept his hair straight and dyed it black. They seemed to think him having curly-ish hair would be enough for the audience to be like "eh, of course he's not Italian but I can buy it" but the opposite might have worked better.

• Diane Keaton looks kind of Taylor Swift-ish here.

• This is the first time I've ever seen Al Pacino actually look like a healthy young man. What's funny is by the end he's already starting to look like the usual coked-up burnout he usually is.

• I kept getting floored by some of the dumb decisions Diane Keaton and Al Pacino's characters kept making. She finds out her boyfriend's father is a mafioso that kills people and isn't like "well I'll see ya around, good luck with that!" Pacino's first wife gets blown the gently caress up and so since he loves Diane Keaton and presumably doesn't want her to meet the same fate of course he should marry her, right? Oh, and Keaton accepts because she's also a dumb bitch I mean drat!

• Gotta say it rivals Amityville II: The Possession in its accuracy of depicting Catholic families!

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
let me make you an offer you can't refuse

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pickwick High posted:

let me make you an offer you can't refuse

Too late already refused

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
eyy, i'm commitin organized crimes ovah eah

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mozi posted:

eyy, i'm commitin organized crimes ovah eah

I'm refusing offers left and right

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Wat are you some kinda wiseguy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Donovan Trip posted:

Wat are you some kinda wiseguy

Call me unwise but I'm refusing the offer whatever it may be.

Offer me a million bucks?

Offer refused.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I've gone mad with power the power of refusal.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Fuggit abowdit

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

"Sir you can't come in here without your shirt and sho-"

"Offer refused."

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Some random thoughts:
  • I kept getting floored by some of the dumb decisions Diane Keaton and Al Pacino's characters kept making. She finds out her boyfriend's father is a mafioso that kills people and isn't like "well I'll see ya around, good luck with that!" Pacino's first wife gets blown the gently caress up and so since he loves Diane Keaton and presumably doesn't want her to meet the same fate of course he should marry her, right? Oh, and Keaton accepts because she's also a dumb bitch I mean drat!

You uh, totally misread this dude. He doesn't love Diane Keaton and Diane Keaton doesn't want to marry him but 1. he needs a wife for his ambitions and 2. is Diane Keaton just going to say no to the dude who kills people?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Every law in this world is an offer, every restriction, every mandate of physics, everything holding you back, all your obstacles are offers provided by the universe and if you refuse them they cease all power they hold over you.

It is by this decree that I refuse all these offers and gain total control of my immutable Self.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Every law in this world is an offer, every restriction, every mandate of physics, everything holding you back, all your obstacles are offers provided by the universe and if you refuse them they cease all power they hold over you.

It is by this decree that I refuse all these offers and gain total control of my immutable Self.

I refuse to believe your Immutable self

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pickwick High posted:

I refuse to believe your Immutable self

Your offer has been refused.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Enzo the baker mvp

for your fadda for your fadda

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Arrhythmia posted:

You uh, totally misread this dude. He doesn't love Diane Keaton and Diane Keaton doesn't want to marry him but 1. he needs a wife for his ambitions and 2. is Diane Keaton just going to say no to the dude who kills people?

Was Pacino's whole don't-wanna-go-into-the-family-business thing in the beginning all a bunch of bullshit? It doesn't seem like it to me, but then I couldn't really feel a "turn" in his character when he goes all-in on the mafia poo poo, either. He was just hard for me to read.

I don't know if I buy that about Keaton's character. When Pacino was hiding out in Sicily she was still all trying to get in touch with him and poo poo. I really think she was just an idiot and/or "I am just so in love I can't help it ugh".

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I actually do remember that Al Pacino's character's name is Michael Corleone and Diane Keaton's is Kay, but I think it's way more fun to refer to them as Al Pacino and Diane Keaton for some reason that I'm sure is stupid but IDGAF.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Arrhythmia posted:

I’m pretty sure he loved Kay before he went to Italy. Plus he didn’t have mafia ambitions before the attempt on Vito’s life. There was no love after he returned to America, for the reasons you described.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
https://culturacolectiva.com/music/frank-sinatra-mafia-connection-the-godfather-johnny-fontane OP

Johnny Fontane was based on Frank Sinatra

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Was Pacino's whole don't-wanna-go-into-the-family-business thing in the beginning all a bunch of bullshit?

No he was earnest then. He turns either when they try to kill Vito, or when they blow up his wife.

b-minus1 posted:

I’m pretty sure he loved Kay before he went to Italy.

Yeah, you're right about that.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
"An offer you can't refuse" isn't really that intimidating a threat, TBH.

What Don Corleone should have said, is

"You betta get the fucks outta towns, or I'ma shoots youse in youse dicks."

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Most of the Michael in Italy poo poo should have been cut.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
op do you remember your first blowjob?

how long did it take the guy to cum?

HEY TONE you hear that, I ask the op if he remembers his first blow job, I ask him how long it take the guy to cum?!

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Far be it from me to go about criticizing a timeless classic, but just to be honest not being able to understand what motivates Al Pacino kept me from really appreciating it the way I hoped to. I couldn't tell if he was more "turns out the only way I can keep my loved ones safe is to dive right in and kill all the other dudes" (sounds like this isn't it) or if maybe he's just the ultimate badass and was always playing the reeeeaaally long game (sounds like this isn't it either) or this is a tale of a good guy getting corrupted (sounds like maybe this is more like it).

I do still feel like watching The Godfather Part Deux, though, so that's something!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
it's ok, but it's no the godfather part 3

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
The Return of the Godfather

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Supreme Allah posted:

op do you remember your first blowjob?

how long did it take the guy to cum?

HEY TONE you hear that, I ask the op if he remembers his first blow job, I ask him how long it take the guy to cum?!

Youse fadda came pretty quick cus he was joikin' it while he was suckin'. He came before me in fact!

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Mister Speaker posted:

"An offer you can't refuse" isn't really that intimidating a threat, TBH.

What Don Corleone should have said, is

"You betta get the fucks outta towns, or I'ma shoots youse in youse dicks."

maybe he didn't want to be intimidating, kind of like a willy wonka where you tell people there will be consequences if they gently caress around but you secretly want them to gently caress around because you and your hobbits have been rehearsing this bit for weeks and you're just so proud of them.

except the hobbits in this case are guns

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

you want to be able to say "I told you so!!!!" that parts important, you can't scare them off before you get to drop that classic.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's so good, better than the book which is of course rare as hell

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Spins posted:

It's so good, better than the book which is of course rare as hell

The book has recurring subplot of Sonny Corleone's wife having a huge vagina that only Sonny could fill.

I haven't read it, but... ugh. Authors are such perverts.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

LabyaMynora posted:

The book has recurring subplot of Sonny Corleone's wife having a huge vagina that only Sonny could fill.

I haven't read it, but... ugh. Authors are such perverts.

You have it backwards. Sonny had a ginormous d*ck that made sex painful for his wife. This is why she was ok with sonny cheating.

https://youtu.be/2Dn_YqoeVNM

1:02

b-minus1 fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 15, 2019

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Youse fadda came pretty quick cus he was joikin' it while he was suckin'. He came before me in fact!

Ey Tone. The bawls on this guy, ah?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
"Ey quiet down I'm stroking my cannoli!"

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Take the gun. Leave the gabagool.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/828652147092910081?s=19

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
cool thanks for some of the most useless movie thoughts ive ever read, friend. not funny, not insightful, nothing. pretty amazing when you think about how useless you made your thoughts. anyway, glad you watched it catch ya later

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I was cooking dinner that night. I
had to start braising the beef,
pork butt and veal shanks for the
tomato sauce. It's Michael's
favorite. I was making ziti with
the meat gravy, and I'm planning
to roast some peppers over the
flames, and I was putting on some